Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yep. I saw it. He also said this:

(referring to Ana Navarro, an anti-Trump Republican).

Let's see where this goes!

Classy people these Trumpkins.

Is that guy seriously a politician and in your government?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    The Trump White House has just requested that Congress conduct an investigation on this issue as part of the Russia probe.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...wiretap-claims

Yep, with 'no further comments' from president until it's conducted.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Because I believe that conservatism - not this crazy Trumpism nonsense - is a better way for the country and I'm not liberal? Republicans have made a cataclysmic mistake and thrown their lot in with an authoritarian populist. They'll live to regret it. I'll stand with the people who have been at the forefront of building this party for decades, who are firmly #NeverTrump. Even in defeat, we hold on to our principles and our dignity. There is no such thing as a conservative who stands with Trump today.

But what to make of that 87%? Everyone loves a winner. It's as simple as that. I'll say it again... want to see the best analog of Trump? It's the Iraq War. A war launched with 73% approval rating, that rose to 87% when Baghdad was taken. It it hovered in the high 50s for a few years, even getting Bush re-elected on a pro-War platform, until Hurricane Katrina struck and the public's faith in his Administration's confidence shattered. Support for the Iraq War, and everything else Bush did, precipitously collapsed. But what also happened was interesting: people retconned why they supported Bush and how long they supported the war. They changed their stories and forgot their vote of confidence. How many Republicans talk about casting a vote for Bush in 2004? Yeah.

The same thing will happen with Trump. My prediction for his ruination has been a culmination of failures and scandals that is finally broken by "Trump's Katrina" in the next couple of years. I've been the one saying "getting rid of him won't be quick". And you know what will happen to that 87% number? It'll fall to the 40s and then the 30s and people will again, rewrite their history and say "Trump lied", "I was duped", "Oh I was never that into him anyway".

The Party is on a bender right now. It's that simple. It looked like it was about to annihilated and narrowly ... so narrowly, avoided a wipe out. So it has the euphoria of dodging a bullet. But the truth is, time and history is not on Trump, or his supporters side. It will wear off... failures and scandals accumulate. The rot will set in. Trump and Trumpism will fail, as these things always do.

When it falls apart - and it will - we'll be here to clean up the mess and throw the reactionaries out where they belong. Every Republican supporting Trump betrays themselves first and foremost.
    The Irak War issue has always fascinated me. Seen from here in Canada, the war fervor in the US was insane. Colin Powell made his cute little presentation at the UN, Bush kept on and on about how dangerous Saddam was and how many WMDs he had and how he was helping terrorists (somehow, despite his Baath Party-esque regime being a staunch enemy of Islamism). And most of you americans seemed to buy it hook, line and sinker, you had these great demonstrations of war fervor that frankly made some of ya'll look like a bunch of blood-crazed maniacs sometimes. There were mass anti-war protests denounced as anti-patriotic and anti-American. ''French Fries'' were renamed ''Freedom Fries'' because France wanted no part in the whole stupid mess. As the poll numbers you cited state, this wasn't even a partisan issue, with the vast majority of Americans approving of hostile action on a foreign power that had done close to nothing to them.

Fast forward to a few years later, and especially during the latest election, and suddenly everyone obviously knows that the Iraq Wars was a big mistake, that it was useless, that it only created more enemies, that nobody asked for it, that US leadership tricked its poor victim of a people into believing what looked to me like blatantly obvious weapons-grade bullshit even when I was freaking 14 years old.

It's an almost Orwellian retcon. ''We have always disapproved of the war in Irak''.

if he shows proof that obama did have his tower wiretapped yall would still complain and say nope isnt true
    mr pickles

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    if he shows proof that obama did have his tower wiretapped yall would still complain and say nope isnt true
    Shouldnt proof be presented before turning into a sheep defending Trumps claim?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    And when shown actual proof of Trump aides and Cabinet appointees meeting in secret with Russia, ya'll say nope it isn't true, not a problem.

The difference is that your statement is 100% speculation, and a weak crack at non Trump Supporters. Very low energy. Sad.

Just because you're blind to how horrible Trump is doesn't mean the rest of us are so dishonest. Stop projecting. Plenty of us acknowledged how terrible Clinton was even as we supported her against Trump, but I didn't hear many of Trump's supporters admitting that he's a compulsive liar and con man.

He's not going to show proof because he doesn't have any. This is a weak-wristed attempt at deflection on his part, and it shouldn't be surprising to see how many people are going to fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...efore-election

I find it quite unlikely that Obama would do something like this, given his law school background.
    This has been debunked as false by James Clapper (former-Director of National Intelligence) who would have knowledge if such thing was in the works. (video interview)
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...09808411774976

Oh look, apparently we all just misunderstood Trump when he stated it all so definitely and called Obama sick. In truth he just meant
    “Look, I think he's going off of information that he's seen that has led him to believe that this is a very real potential,” Huckabee Sanders responded. “I think he’s made very clear what he believes, and he’s asking that we get down to the bottom of this, get the truth here.”
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white...ry?id=45911282

Yeah, sure, Ms Conway lite >>

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Oh look, apparently we all just misunderstood Trump when he stated it all so definitely and called Obama sick. In truth he just meant

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white...ry?id=45911282

Yeah, sure, Ms Conway lite >>
    The Huckabees; When whoring yourself out "for god" is a family's career...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    And Mark Dice has weighed in...

- - - Updated - - -

So everyone with a law school background is clean and pure, like the wind-driven snow... interesting.

Stopped watching when he said liberal media spin....... Try an unbiased source next time.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Not likely, the standard for libel is very high. There has to be specific provable damage with a clear causal arrow.
    Ugh, go away. No one here wants to argue tort law.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I have always found him to be disgusting. It one thing to be someone like Trump, it's another to wrap yourself up in religion to try and justify all the shitty things you do. Fuck that guy.
    Well his daughter is Trump's spokesperson so...double fuck that guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Stopped watching when he said liberal media spin....... Try an unbiased source next time.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dice

Why would you possibly think he's unbiased? Or, you know...sane?

Let's at least get the evidence first and start from there. Without proof, you start to reach Alex Jones levels of insanity.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Well his daughter is Trump's spokesperson so...double fuck that guy.

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dice

Why would you possibly think he's unbiased? Or, you know...sane?
    Lol never heard of the guy before but this is great.

is an American activist and author known for his conspiracy theories about Satanic cults and Illuminati control of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Let's at least get the evidence first and start from there. Without proof, you start to reach Alex Jones levels of insanity.
    Trump WAS on Infowars, and he DID compliment their... "reporting".

10+ Year Old Account
    When had any of his claims been true?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I have always found him to be disgusting. It one thing to be someone like Trump, it's another to wrap yourself up in religion to try and justify all the shitty things you do. Fuck that guy.
    That's the majority of the Conservative base these days though, keep that religion relevant in their politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come to think of it, if the table was flipped Ole Donnie Boy would be trying to sue right now.

That is if Obama was the president and accused Donnie of wiretapping.

Resident Cosplay Progressive