Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    If that video is correct, the switch can't maintain 30 FPS at 900p resolution on a cartoony style game. I mean, i know, people will tell me that graphics and performance don't matter, what matter is the enjoyment you get out of the game, i know, but come on, 900p and 20FPS in 2017 on a next gen console?

That is concerning to say the least.
    this isnt a next gen console. its a handheld.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this isnt a next gen console. its a handheld.
    its still one that can hardly handle its main launch title. Its nintendo just not getting gaming just like they havnt goten it since the wii launch. But they still have the hype train and for some reason that still sells enough for them to profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    I guess that's better than nothing. Is there just one stable per region? I've only found the one near Kakariko so far, but I've only just started venturing out into the other regions so I don't know how common they are.
    I wouldn't stress it too much as you'll be unlocking tons of fast travel points as you go. So just find one close to a stable and grab whatever steed you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that's better than nothing. Is there just one stable per region? I've only found the one near Kakariko so far, but I've only just started venturing out into the other regions so I don't know how common they are.
    You can't make the horse appear wherever you want, but you can summon your horse at any stable you want. So if you happen to lose your horse somewhere yet it hasn't died, you can just go to a stable and ask them to board the horse. Then you just ask them to give your horse back and it will be right there.

As for how many stables there are, I think I saw two or three on the Hyrule Fields. Don't know about the other zones, but my guess is that there are more than just one out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    You can't make the horse appear wherever you want, but you can summon your horse at any stable you want. So if you happen to lose your horse somewhere yet it hasn't died, you can just go to a stable and ask them to board the horse. Then you just ask them to give your horse back and it will be right there.

As for how many stables there are, I think I saw two or three on the Hyrule Fields. Don't know about the other zones, but my guess is that there are more than just one out there.
    Yeah, the stables sound like the only real option. Reminds me of Skyrim (before I started modding it more heavily) where using horses was too much of a pain to even bother with because of them running off and having to track them down all the time, but at least there they would appear wherever you fast traveled to. Might just stick to hoofing it (ha) on foot most of the time. Easier to enjoy the landscapes and notice details that way anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the stables sound like the only real option. Reminds me of Skyrim (before I started modding it more heavily) where using horses was too much of a pain to even bother with because of them running off and having to track them down all the time, but at least there they would appear wherever you fast traveled to. Might just stick to hoofing it (ha) on foot most of the time. Easier to enjoy the landscapes and notice details that way anyway.
    Would still recommend getting a horse to traverse Hyrule Fields, though. I tried riding all the way to Hyrule Castle and that took several minutes on horse back. Hyrule Fields is crazy big with large open plains, so hang gliding there is pretty much out of the question. Heck, a few threats there are fast enough to catch up to you even when riding, so unless you are packing some serious heat to kill them, you are going to be a sitting duck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would still recommend getting a horse to traverse Hyrule Fields, though. I tried riding all the way to Hyrule Castle and that took several minutes on horse back. Hyrule Fields is crazy big with large open plains, so hang gliding there is pretty much out of the question. Heck, a few threats there are fast enough to catch up to you even when riding, so unless you are packing some serious heat to kill them, you are going to be a sitting duck.
    Cool, I'll remember that when I get there. :3

can i register deer at the stables? also is there a list of ridable and tamebale animals yet?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    can i register deer at the stables? also is there a list of ridable and tamebale animals yet?
    You can tame other animals too? D: How?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can tame other animals too? D: How?
    At one of the stables a character told me that you could tame dogs, but I still have to figure out how that works.

So fancied a bit of an adventure. Was by the tech lab and noticed a building or some sort on the map, near the peak of the mountain to the North.

Figured it was going to get cold, so I brewed up some Sunshroom mid-level Frost resistance food. 11 minutes? Should be enough.
    Start climbing the mountain only to notice a weird figure resting at the peak. It was long and emitting a purplish glow.

Kept climbing, killing some snow lizards on the way...

HOLY SHIT. Is that a fucking Dragon? Seems like it was wrapped around some kind of temple.
    As I approached the goddess statue started talking to me, explaining that the spirit of the mountain (the dragon) was corrupted by Calamity aura or w/e it's called.

I had to shoot the eyes on the Dragon's body. Kind of reminded me of Volvagia. Anyway, once I cleansed it, I managed to open up a 'secret' shrine and get a unique weapon (freezing polearm).

Was I expecting that when I set out? Not at all.
    It was epic.

10/10

Probably give it meat or a bone and pet it lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Holy shit, who signed off on the major character dialogue in this game?

It's bad enough that they all say one hundred years ago instead of having any say "a hundred years ago" because they all speak in lockstep, but the Champions' boss monologues were obviously the same few lines tweaked slightly after being copied and pasted.

The absolute killer, though, is that because you can do the Divine Beasts in any order, nothing can occur in any of them that advances the plot in a meaningful way. You can't have the "oh shit he's here" moment from OOT when you open the door to the Sacred Realm midway through the game, you can't have characters reference the events of past Beasts.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At one of the stables a character told me that you could tame dogs, but I still have to figure out how that works.

I know you can get a wolf link from a amiibo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a GIF a month or two ago showing Link being able to hold the dogs in his arms, but there's no interaction option with them for me. I've tried giving them meat but they don't react to it. :< Maybe it's something that requires a sidequest to unlock or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The absolute killer, though, is that because you can do the Divine Beasts in any order, nothing can occur in any of them that advances the plot in a meaningful way. You can't have the "oh shit he's here" moment from OOT when you open the door to the Sacred Realm midway through the game, you can't have characters reference the events of past Beasts.
    That was one of my biggest problems with A Link Between Worlds (all of the story was crunched into the beginning and the end since you could do the rest in any order), and I fully expected it to be an issue here again once I got the Divine Beasts quest. I just hope the rest of the main story is more linear.

One of the memories (the 2nd one) is so difficult to find. I'm on the correct side of the mountain but I just can't find that area. Maybe my perspective is wrong.

One thing I really love about this game is that sometimes you can just cheat with puzzles and the game doesn't care. Basically I love that even though there is an intended way to do some things the game doesn't mind if you find a way to cheat the system.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    One thing I really love about this game is that sometimes you can just cheat with puzzles and the game doesn't care. Basically I love that even though there is an intended way to do some things the game doesn't mind if you find a way to cheat the system.
    like in the shrine with the bombs, most of the "puzzles" i just broke with my hammer

Finished the story earlier, and without spoilers, I will say there are quite a few things I really dislike about the game, in retrospect.

The weapon system. It was cute in, say, Windwaker, where you could grab enemy weapons and they would be something extra to use. But the constant breaking got old after like 1 hour.

The four divine dungeons are copy/paste of one another, sort of sad actually, when I thought about it. Every one starts off 'find a map, don't get lost' -- then rotate the beast to shut down the terminal things, fight boss that basically does the same thing each time.

Lastly, the cooking really felt... forced? No recipe book, so most of the time I am just throwing random shit together because you need health items, period. I will say I am glad they didn't add crafting though, that would really hit the open world cliches on the head.

Besides that, I am glad that this game, despite going full 'open world' really kept its soul, unlike MGS or Final Fantasy. The landscapes (at least, once you branch out) are great, the scope of the game makes it feel like adventure. But if I could tweak those above things, I probably would of put it in my top 5 ever list.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Finished the story earlier, and without spoilers, I will say there are quite a few things I really dislike about the game, in retrospect.

The weapon system. It was cute in, say, Windwaker, where you could grab enemy weapons and they would be something extra to use. But the constant breaking got old after like 1 hour.

The four divine dungeons are copy/paste of one another, sort of sad actually, when I thought about it. Every one starts off 'find a map, don't get lost' -- then rotate the beast to shut down the terminal things, fight boss that basically does the same thing each time.

Lastly, the cooking really felt... forced? No recipe book, so most of the time I am just throwing random shit together because you need health items, period. I will say I am glad they didn't add crafting though, that would really hit the open world cliches on the head.

Besides that, I am glad that this game, despite going full 'open world' really kept its soul, unlike MGS or Final Fantasy. The landscapes (at least, once you branch out) are great, the scope of the game makes it feel like adventure. But if I could tweak those above things, I probably would of put it in my top 5 ever list.
    does the master sword break? im fine with breaking weapons as long as that one doesnt break