Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gunman says "Get out of my country" before shooting Sikh victim in Seattle

Another hate crime, another day. These are now a common thing in the USA. More Trump adherents to a delusional ideology seemingly have been on a rampage as of late; and this case is another example.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39173300

Police in Seattle are hunting for an attacker who shot a Sikh man and told him to "go back to your own country".

The gunman approached the 39-year-old victim - US national of Indian origin - outside his house in the Kent suburb.

The pair spoke briefly before gunman shot the victim in the arm, police said. The attacker was described as white, 6ft tall (182 cm) and stocky.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    crazy people do crazy things more at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    crazy people do crazy things more at 11.
    I'll correct that; racist, xenophobic, political adherents do crazy things. Zealotry is a thing. Terrorism is a thing. This is pretty much bordering on terrorism if not terrorism. We have several, several, cases of planned, deliberate, and methodical attacks on minorities now. Stop labeling terrorism as "just crazy" bc it is a criminal in nature, and should be treated as such. He is on the run as well, thus indicating his more than deliberate nature of doing such a thing, and to evade capture.

That guy is an idiot, Sikh's are an awesome people.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    I'll correct that; racist, xenophobic, political adherents do crazy things. Zealotry is a thing. Terrorism is a thing. This is pretty much bordering on terrorism if not terrorism. We have several, several, cases of planned, deliberate, and methodical attacks on minorities now. Stop labeling terrorism as "just crazy" bc it is a criminal in nature, and should be treated as such. He is on the run as well, thus indicating his more than deliberate nature of doing such a thing, and to evade capture.
    I mean we also have alot of cases of muslims killing or attacking people while screaming "praise to Allah" and we don't know what their motivations was.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    *Were.

And honestly, these motivations are clear, and concise. "Get out of my country" and another battle cry shouted before an attack is pretty blatant. If someone is yelling praise to anything or something racist - its certainly a form of terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    That guy is an idiot, Sikh's are an awesome people.
    Agreed.

Of all the religions they chose a Sikh... >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I mean we also have alot of cases of muslims killing or attacking people while screaming "praise to Allah" and we don't know what their motivations was.
    and how many Sikhs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Care to compare numbers?

This should be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    Agreed.

Of all the religions they chose a Sikh... >.<
    That was my thought as politically incorrect as it may be. If you are going to attack someone you think is Muslim, the Sikh are like the absolute opposite end of the spectrum for those that are violent.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    *Were.

And honestly, these motivations are clear, and concise. "Get out of my country" and another battle cry shouted before an attack is pretty blatant. If someone is yelling praise to anything or something racist - its certainly a form of terrorism.
    Agreed. but so many people want to say we don't know what the muslim's motivation was but it certainly isn't a hate crime. What this guy did is pretty shitty and yes he's probably racist. I'm just bringing up the point that we don't apply this logic to muslims when they do shit like this.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    if you're muslim its terrorism

if you're a white american it's a mental health issue

Deleted
    I guess this shooting was...sikh.

YEEEAAAAHHHHH!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    if you're muslim its terrorism

if you're a white american it's a mental health issue
    It's terrorism if there is a statement. It's not terrorism if it's just hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    I guess this shooting was...sikh.

YEEEAAAAHHHHH!

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I believe we should reclass hate crimes as a method of terrorism. Dylan Roof pretty much stated it as such during his rampage. He did that attack to "start a race war" etc. His actions were politically motivated, and used to instigate further chaos.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the statement was "Get out of my country".

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. but so many people want to say we don't know what the muslim's motivation was but it certainly isn't a hate crime. What this guy did is pretty shitty and yes he's probably racist. I'm just bringing up the point that we don't apply this logic to muslims when they do shit like this.
    I disagree whole-heartedly, as does the FBI, and Interpol, and many other police organizations.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. The real world doesn't use your very subjective definition of terrorism, though. It's terrorism by all definitions and labeling it as anything else gives future terrorists legitimacy. You don't have to be muslin to be a terrorist. And, and in this case, it's state-sponsored. Those people are empowered by an hateful government and act more and more on their ridiculous beliefs. Those extreme conservatives have been coming out of the woodwork ever since Trump has been running for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios View Post
    Cool. The real world doesn't use your very subjective definition of terrorism, though. It's terrorism by all definitions and labeling it as anything else gives future terrorists legitimacy. You don't have to be muslin to be a terrorist. And, and in this case, it's state-sponsored. Those people are empowered by an hateful government and act more and more on their ridiculous beliefs. Those extreme conservatives have been coming out of the woodwork ever since Trump has been running for president.
    Yeah Muslin isn't even that bad have you seen the type of things that those Linen terrosts do? And don't get me started on the Denims!

This is incredibly stupid - might not be why he did it, but I find a special annoyance when people mistake Sikhs for Muslims or the like.

Other than that, can you back up your (hyperbolic) statement that this is "common" in the USA? Define in mathematical and empirical terms what it would mean for hate crimes to be common across the quite large (in population and landmass) country of the US. edit: I was under the impression hate crimes occur maybe 5-6000 times a year. Would this meet the definition of "common" in a country like the US?
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2017-03-05 at 07:22 PM.

Disgruntled unemployed IT workers.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland