Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agent Kalos is so dead.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    RIP Agent Kallus 2014-2017

A good episode. A little too convenient indeed, so that's how Thrawn figured it out.
    Hope we see more of Yularen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kallus is not dead. Yet. Thrawn will now feed him false information to fool the Rebels. Also, if Thrawn is wise (duh), he has a copy of his star map. With the falsification Chopper made, Thrawn will know exactly where the rebel base is.

Very good episode overall. I enjoyed seeing Yularen again in the position he had in A New Hope. Speaking of which, I hope we will see him in the next episodes. There was a good synergy between Thrawn and him. In fact, I would say their relation reminded me of Pellaeon. We also saw great Thrawn in this episode.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post

A good episode. A little too convenient indeed, so that's how Thrawn figured it out.
    Yeah, the last few minutes were phoned in but it was a good episode overall.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Making Thrawn look like a genius admiral was always going to be problematic in Rebels, considering that unlike Zahn books, he outguns by a massive margin the Rebels.

(BTW, Thrawn got a cameo in Aftermath. He mapped the Unknown Regions for the First Order.)

I think thrawn already figured it out earlier. Just this episode was just confirming what he thought
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

i felt the same way. reminded me of sherlock figuring things out way to impossibly. logic is not that clear for anyone realistically

Deleted
    Eeh, decent episode. Too much basic Rebels space fight scenes, not enough 'politics', so to say.

This particular space battle was superior to most, but it's still a space battle. Probably the 20th in Rebels already.

Aand not a single lightsaber was shown again. Starting to get really bored by this show now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Aand not a single lightsaber was shown again. Starting to get really bored by this show now.
    Well, there's not many people using them in that era anyway. We already get more lightsaber fights that I would have expected, considering the period this show is set.

Good episode overall. The space fight was very well written and shows us how a creative tactician Hera is. Although I wonder why the Imps didn't launch their fighters... Anyway, there was some nice reference to Legends stuff, like the Ghorman Massacre. I like how we're getting progressively closer to the events of Rogue One and A New Hope. First time we are shown Gold Leader and Jan Dodonna. I wonder if Organa and Dodonna are already on Yavin IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Well, there's not many people using them in that era anyway. We already get more lightsaber fights that I would have expected, considering the period this show is set.

Good episode overall. The space fight was very well written and shows us how a creative tactician Hera is. Although I wonder why the Imps didn't launch their fighters... Anyway, there was some nice reference to Legends stuff, like the Ghorman Massacre. I like how we're getting progressively closer to the events of Rogue One and A New Hope. First time we are shown Gold Leader and Jan Dodonna. I wonder if Organa and Dodonna are already on Yavin IV.
    The thing that is annoying with Star Wars is the over reliance on plot armor.

Example : the...Skerris...pilot, the guy that fly the Defender (an expy of Baron Soontir Fel, down to the way he was shocked by an Y-Wing). In the two episodes have appeared, like all Imperials, he have proven absolutely deadly against no-names Rebels and incapable against named ones.)

He is flying against Mon Mothma, Ezra, the leader of Gold Leader that is both at Scariff and Yavin and three introduced new pilots. The outcome is really obvious from the get go : like in the Antilles extraction, he will shoot the no-names to prove how good he is then get defeated by the ''names''.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    For me it's not even that. CW had lightsaber duels, but the appeal was in the well-developed characters and interesting storylines.

Rebels is A New Hope's final space battle on steroids. Space battles are the least appealing aspect of SW IMO, but they're trying to cater to kids who like vehicles.

There's like 20 space battles, but 0 stakes. The entire crew will make it out alive every. single. time. Some random pilot from Gold Squad dying isn't gnna hit anyone's snares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    The thing that is annoying with Star Wars is the over reliance on plot armor.

Example : the...Skerris...pilot, the guy that fly the Defender (an expy of Baron Soontir Fel, down to the way he was shocked by an Y-Wing). In the two episodes have appeared, like all Imperials, he have proven absolutely deadly against no-names Rebels and incapable against named ones.)

He is flying against Mon Mothma, Ezra, the leader of Gold Leader that is both at Scariff and Yavin and three introduced new pilots. The outcome is really obvious from the get go : like in the Antilles extraction, he will shoot the no-names to prove how good he is then get defeated by the ''names''.
    Well, they ARE the heroes. They won't kill a hero everytime there's a fight. So of course the no-names will die instead and the heroes will win the day. It's like Star Trek. Kirk, Spock, McCoy and a Red Shirt are beaming down. Guess who will not be beamed up? Or Stargate. Who, in the main cast, died in SG-1 after 10 seasons? Not every show can be Game of Thrones, especially when the show is for the family.

- - - Updated - - -

For me it's not even that. CW had lightsaber duels, but the appeal was in the well-developed characters and interesting storylines.

Rebels is A New Hope's final space battle on steroids. Space battles are the least appealing aspect of SW IMO, but they're trying to cater to kids who like vehicles.

There's like 20 space battles, but 0 stakes. The entire crew will make it out alive every. single. time. Some random pilot from Gold Squad dying isn't gnna hit anyone's snares.
    Yes! And lightsaber fights are so much mature... Kids hate fighting with sticks and pretend they are the Three Musketeers or Jedi...

How many episodes were actually centered around space fights in this season? I have counted three so far (The Antilles Extraction, Iron Squadron and Secret Cargo). The last two episodes will probably involve a lot of space fights too. So that will make five out of 22. In the mean time, I've counted 8 episodes revolving around Jedi stuff and lightsaber fights (Steps into the Shadow 1 and 2, The Holocrons of Fate, The Last Battle, Visions and Voices, Trials of the Darksaber, Legacy of Mandalore, Twin Suns).

Deleted
    Yes! And lightsaber fights are so much mature... Kids hate fighting with sticks and pretend they are the Three Musketeers or Jedi...
    As insightful as ever I see.

Lightsaber duels have more emotion to them. The difference in individual fighting styles can make for interesting fights.

In the damn space battles it's just engaging a wild goose chase, waiting for the cannons to lock on the target for a direct hit.
    All you hear is 'Gold leader this, Phoenix 2 that' and some random stuff like 'conveniently convert all power to what we need.' which is basically the SW version of any science mumbo-jumbo in other movies,

Also, for some reason only the good guys come up with stuff like 'Oh, there's a giant nebula that we can use to our advantage.', Something the Empire's most elite pilots can't come up with for some reason. They just blast and miss as per usual.

It doesn't have to be centered around space fights to contain actual space fights. Add up the ones across all episodes and you end up with triple the amount you suggested.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-03-05 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As insightful as ever I see.

Lightsaber duels have emotion to them. The difference in individual fighting styles can make for interesting fights.

In the damn space battles it's just engaging a wild goose chase, waiting for the cannons to lock on the target for a direct hit.
    All you hear is 'Gold leader this, Phoenix 2 that' and some random stuff like 'conveniently convert all power to what we need.' which is basically the SW version of any science mumbo-jumbo in other movies,

Also, for some reason only the good guys come up with stuff like 'Oh, there's a giant nebula that we can use to our advantage.', Something the Empire's most elite pilots can't come up with for some reason. They just blast and miss as per usual.

It doesn't have to be centered around space fights to contain actual space fights. Add up the ones across all episodes and you end up with triple the amount you suggested.
    This argument has nothing to do with "space fights are for kiddies" though. And I believe you are wrong about emotion. Space fights can have just as much emotion to them than lighsaber duels. There was plenty of emotions in the Death Star battle in ANH, or in the asteroid field in ESB, or the final battle of ROTJ. You just don't like space fights. Which means that you just don't like a good chunk of Star Wars.

The good guys end up using clever tactics because they are the heroes and that we are following them. Plus, the imperial fighters are the same as stormtroopers. They are grunts doomed to die, they have always been. And again, this show is no different in that regard than most shows on TV, animated or live action.

Outside of the episodes I named, space fights were either inexistent or very short.

But hey, if you like pouring lemon juice in your milk, enjoy your drink...

Deleted
    This argument has nothing to do with "space fights are for kiddies" though. And I believe you are wrong about emotion. Space fights can have just as much emotion to them than lighsaber duels. You just don't like space fights. Which means that you just don't like a good chunk of Star Wars.
    All I read are assumptions, not realistic conclusions based on the things that I did say, just assumptions and straw-grasping.

I'm a fan of the intro battle in RotS, I like a lot of the CW space battles, and I never said that ANH, TESB or RotJ are emotionless, just not as much as lightsaber duels in said movies.

But yeah, just keep on jumping to conclusions without asking questions about things I didn't fully elaborate on.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I read are assumptions, not realistic conclusions based on the things that I did say, just assumptions and straw-grasping.

I'm a fan of the intro battle in RotS, I like a lot of the CW space battles, and I never said that ANH, TESB or RotJ are emotionless, just not as much as lightsaber duels in said movies.

But yeah, just keep on jumping to conclusions without asking questions about things I didn't fully elaborate on.
    Then why are you complaining about the space fights in Rebels? There are space fights in every Star Wars movies and many, many CW episodes. In fact, there are, all proportions kept, less space fights in Rebels than in the movies. And the heroes always survive in the movies. Want more lightsaber duels? I like them too. I know I wont get much though, since there are not much Jedi or Sith around anymore. But what am I saying? We got a duel not two episodes ago! And we'll get another in two episodes! Like I said, it's more than we must expect in this period. But I suppose "the voice actors are not good enough" or "the animation is clunky" or "there was no gravitas" or "the light was too bright" or...

I'm assuming what you let me assume. All you are saying is always so negative that it's hard to believe you think otherwise. It's hard to see anything positive, or even a nuanced opinion, in sentences like:

or:

All you hear is 'Gold leader this, Phoenix 2 that' and some random stuff like 'conveniently convert all power to what we need.' which is basically the SW version of any science mumbo-jumbo in other movies.
    Of course, you're entitled to your opinion (and I'm entitled to mine should I not agree with you). But don't blame me for saying "black" when what you're writing is "black".

10+ Year Old Account
    So is this the last season? Depends on how much time there is between the latest episode and Rogue One I guess. Wonder if they are going to kill off the main characters, theres obviously going to some form of resolution.

Where I think characters will be by the end of the series

Ezra: dead or exiled
    K'Naan: dead
    Hera: alive
    Sabine: alive
    Zeb: dead
    Chopper: alive
    Maul: dead
    Thawn: alive but defeated
    Asohka: dead

Wish, we see Vader take out the main crew (minus Sabine because isn't there). I'm imagining the Ghost being the reason why the Devastator got held up during the pursuit of Leia. It would be a heroic death. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see much room to write Ezra, K'Naan, or Asohka into the original trilogy without getting caught down by Vader. Unless they sat out the war, which would be out of character for all of them.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-03-08 at 11:34 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they get imprisioned, as a assurance that rebels wont attack them.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    So is this the last season?
    They just announced season 4 is coming this fall.

I hope that season is the last one, it'd make sense chronologically:
    Season 1 - 4 BBY
    Season 2- 3 BBY
    Season 3 - 2 BBY
    Season 4 - 1 BBY
    Rogue One/A New Hope -

If every season meant a year, that is.