Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The conversational animations are very repetitive and kinda bad. Everyone shakes their head and have that dumb look on their face, unless it's a cinematic conversation. I really started noticing it after a while and it was actually annoying.
    I agree. Quite inconsistent. Many of the facial animations are plain and focus on the mouth only. Some of the voice acting is also just passable. Where it shines, it really shines. Some of it gives top CGI movies a run for their money.

Having said that I never expected it to be like Uncharted on that front. Naughty Dog are kings at that and their games aren't exactly fully open world. Might be more interesting to compare it Mass Effect Andromeda. That is meant to be a bigger, much higher budget game but wont have the technical advantage first party games do.

It gets more fun as you level up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    :O is that how it looks like on the ps4 pro on 4k?

My regular ps4 on 1080p looks great, but thats just so realistic
    Colour is adjusted in that gif plus mist on the mountains. The normal PS4 also does HDR btw. This is definitely also THE game to show off HDR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Find it neat that my home town was mentioned in one of the data files you find in game.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

So yeah, almost level 40 and finally went to Meridian and started getting quests. They really want to railroad you for an open world game. I can't help but wonder if this was more of a Last of us/Tomb Raider style linear game once upon a time.

-now actually getting the plot about "Zero Dawn", i think my predictions going in are going to be 100% accurate which is always a bit of a bummer but nice to be getting plot again.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-03-05 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    I said the same with Uncharted 4. I assume this has taken the crown? Uncharted 4 was just gorgeous!
    IMO, Uncharted is still better looking, by the sheer quality of animations. Horizon as much as I love it and as beautiful as it is... has some animation issues when it comes to characters. the world visuals are about same IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    I agree. Quite inconsistent. Many of the facial animations are plain and focus on the mouth only. Some of the voice acting is also just passable.
    Yeah, I mean the voice acting didn't really bug me but the facial animations started to feel unnatural or even uncanny. I also think that some of the lip syncing was way off. In that sense maybe Uncharted 4 is a better visual game overall, but the world of Horizon is just...oh my God. Breathtaking. You're completely right, too, this game perfectly shows off HDR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    -now actually getting the plot about "Zero Dawn", i think my predictions going in are going to be 100% accurate which is always a bit of a bummer but nice to be getting plot again.
    Beat the game so we can talk about it!

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Yeah, I mean the voice acting didn't really bug me but the facial animations started to feel unnatural or even uncanny. I also think that some of the lip syncing was way off. In that sense maybe Uncharted 4 is a better visual game overall, but the world of Horizon is just...oh my God. Breathtaking. You're completely right, too, this game perfectly shows off HDR.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat the game so we can talk about it!
    My guess is shes a clone and zero dawn was a cull of life to starve the machines into hybernation straight out of halo with the flood, we'll see if im wrong or not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    I agree. Quite inconsistent. Many of the facial animations are plain and focus on the mouth only. Some of the voice acting is also just passable. Where it shines, it really shines. Some of it gives top CGI movies a run for their money.

Having said that I never expected it to be like Uncharted on that front. Naughty Dog are kings at that and their games aren't exactly fully open world. Might be more interesting to compare it Mass Effect Andromeda. That is meant to be a bigger, much higher budget game but wont have the technical advantage first party games do.

[IMG]htt

It gets more fun as you level up.

- - - Updated - - -

Colour is adjusted in that gif plus mist on the mountains. The normal PS4 also does HDR btw. This is definitely also THE game to show off HDR.
    Please stop posting these fucking gigantic gifs.

Found something cool i'm sure others found but i havent heard mentioned yet: in the Project Zero Dawn ruin theres a tiny medical room unrelated to the reason you are there. In it i saw a purple grade icon on a countertop, walked up to it and saw a pair of handcuffs with a blue glow inside. Thought they looked like a certain item from the Death Stranding trailers and sure enough i pick it up and its inventory logo is the kojima productions logo of ludens profile view. It says it cant be turned in to 'the most curious merchants' but havent done that yet.

inb4 its the last power cell for the nano weave armour

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Zero Dawn is the new biggest franchise debut on the PS4 and even outsold BotW (obiously there are more PS4s than WiiUs and Switches combined)
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ranchise-debut

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beat the game yesterday at 96% completion, great game, looking forward to the sequel which I have no doubt they'll make given the success of this one.

(ending spoilers)
    Also given the post-credits cutscene. Sylens probably doesn't have evil intentions with Hades and simply wants to learn, but trying to keep an AI capable of wiping out all life on earth captive seems like a bad idea.

As for Aloy's origins, the game makes it pretty obvious that she was made rather than birthed early on, nobody is a 99.5% genetic match to one of their parents. Even so, I didn't predict the specifics of her birth and the entire Zero Dawn exposition was really interesting. Ted Faro can DIAF though

Deleted
    Enjoying it. I got to the point where you fully know why the game is named the way it is.
    I really appreciate the lack of fluff in this game. Its not overly long because its padded.

Still got loads to do. I love exploring and questing around Sunfall is great. Need to actually do Cauldrons and more Longnecks.

Please stop posting these fucking gigantic gifs.
    this better?

So i finished it, 100% completion and platinum'ed in 56 hours played.

So i guess i was right about the plot, the halo style "starve them to death contingency plan" seemed to be the only explanation for all these military looking robots just dropped everywhere and buried. Not a bad story, certainly better than overhyped trash like Skyrim but also played it real safe. I've heard some people complain its a bit of a socjus thing because every villain is a man and all the male characters are weak and subservient to a woman in some fashion and i can kind of see it in retrospect but was never really focussing on it while playing. So even if they are trying to push some personal politics it was not some "this makes us immune to all criticism!" politics bunkum before world building you see in Bioware games and i wouldnt let that put anyone off trying it in my opinion.
    Ending wise it was sad to see Sobek got home and died on the couch and her mummified remains have just been sitting there for 350 years. Kind of reminded me of finding hyrule in wind waker in a way. Something so important just left forgotten because nobody is around who remembers them. The flower triangle makes me wonder if the metal flowers were just gaias tribute to her as her programming became more unstable and followed less rules about imitating the world before but maybe its teasing some sequel set up instead?
    Either way i found the world interesting and just hope a sequel has some more sc-fi elements and rediscovering humanities past knowledge than some generic cult villains that only existed for cannon fodder. I guess since all the other AI were untethered and vanished it means there will be some follow up with them and possibly Apollo not really being gone. Maybe Faro pulled a Mr.House and is living on in some fashion somewhere?
    Still fun game and my only complaint is not enough quests and too much 'Ubishit' style map completion busywork but other than that the most fun i've had with an adventure game since Wind Waker of Shadow of the Colossus

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so at least one other active person in this thread beat it so time for my incoherent rambles.

My biggest gripe with the story was that I think they made HADES too...cliche villainy? He also felt too supernatural and less sci-fi with the way he was corrupting things. Just a weak villain all around imo. Cheesy evil robot voice, to boot!

I was overall pretty happy with Project Zero Dawn and how the world ended. It was equal parts despair and hope..and was beautiful in its own way. I've heard some complaints that it was far-fetched but I mean this is a world where technology has advanced far enough to make self-replicating robots that feed off of biomatter so...yeah. I don't think it's a stretch that the most brilliant minds in the world could unite together under the reality of total extinction and make a project like this work.

I didn't get 100% completion and definitely missed some data files but I do wish we got to explore a little more into the past. I desperately wanted more insight into some of the decisions made during Project Zero Dawn, particularly regarding Ted fucking Faro. What caused him to spiral and delete all of APOLLO's data? What was his true relationship with Elisabet?

I also wanted to learn more about Operation: Enduring Victory. It had the most interesting data files imo...and the most heartbreaking. I actually think that a prequel to Horizon would be a smash hit, as they have the building blocks for something truly unique and epic. It would be a shame to know the ending going in, but can you imagine fighting in civilizations last army against swarms of unstoppable machines?

I try to ignore discussion on "social justice" and all that but I will say I definitely didn't get the feeling that they were making a political or, worse, feminist statement. I guess I can see an argument that they intentionally diversified the cast (like the Zero Dawn crew) but I saw that more as a show that humanity came together in their darkest hour instead of some kind of message about the state of the world today. /shrug

The scene with Aloy finding Elisabet in the triangle of flowers was definitely beautiful. Actually, the first thing I thought during that scene was that GAIA intentionally made a "shrine" which caused me to also ponder if the metal flowers were also GAIA doing some kind of tribute. Which was a nice thought, because when I found my first one I thought the whole thing was silly. It was nice to put some possible meaning into them.

[QUOTE=sinilaid;44913760]Looks like Zero Dawn is the new biggest franchise debut on the PS4 and even outsold BotW (obiously there are more PS4s than WiiUs and Switches combined)
    [URL="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017

That's good at least... was very VERY worried that this game is going to be undersold too much by the Zelda hype. I'm almost lvl 40 in this, and man is it a rock-solid game for a first-time new franchise!

For me, the combat's been the most fun I've done in ages. Just took down my first two Thunderjaws and was laughing at how fun and oddly "technical" fighting them were! :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    For me, the combat's been the most fun I've done in ages. Just took down my first two Thunderjaws and was laughing at how fun and oddly "technical" fighting them were! :P
    Don't use a bow with tear arrows? all you gotta do is blast the disc launcher off their shoulders and then use one to nuke it, very easy machine to fight compared to things like the tunneling molebots.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Don't use a bow with tear arrows? all you gotta do is blast the disc launcher off their shoulders and then use one to nuke it, very easy machine to fight compared to things like the tunneling molebots.
    Oh for sure I used the Tear arrows... sadly though I was saving those guns for wandering/random killings (every death by heavy gun gives a bonus +100 XP per kill... even on wildlife :P).

Though originally I used one of the guns on them, it never fully killed them - just plunked off enough armor and health to expose the heart (which a couple well-timed arrows did the trick then). I realized it was worth using at least one on them just because you can't come back for the second one >_<

I do the same with the Firecasters I find at bandit camps. I stealth-kill the guards, then march across the land with the heavy gun till it runs out. Nearly downed a Stormcrow (or whatever those huge birds are) with the Thunderjaw gun, and just after a bandit camp I marched with Firecaster in hand onto the initial gates where you find the second Corruptor attacking with watchers, and just walked in and unloaded the entire payload onto them! Saved that movie just for posterity! ^_^

On a side-note, have any of you tinkered with photo mode? I just dabbled with that last night and was stupidly surprised how much you can do there! I thought it was just something that removed the UI, but you can pan/zoom, change effects and even add/remove border frames!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On a side-note, have any of you tinkered with photo mode? I just dabbled with that last night and was stupidly surprised how much you can do there! I thought it was just something that removed the UI, but you can pan/zoom, change effects and even add/remove border frames!
    It's pretty amazing. You can also change the time of day once you get out of a 'story instance'.
    BAD WOLF

That's good at least... was very VERY worried that this game is going to be undersold too much by the Zelda hype. I'm almost lvl 40 in this, and man is it a rock-solid game for a first-time new franchise

Yeah with Zelda and ME coming out, this gets squeezed. I am actually thinking of holding off on ME so it doesn't temp me away. I can only play on Sat and Sun, so it may take me time
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Yeah with Zelda and ME coming out, this gets squeezed. I am actually thinking of holding off on ME so it doesn't temp me away. I can only play on Sat and Sun, so it may take me time
    Seems to be doing really well in the uk. Sold out over the weekend. Sad it was under ordered by retailers.

It's turned out much better than expected! Must stop side quests. Enjoying many of these characters.

I'm having a good kind of difficulty getting through this game...I'm just wandering and gathering, running around the world finding the camp fires, Metal Flowers, Bandit Camps and what not...I'm probably 12 hours in (maybe more, I have no idea, I'm just playing and enjoying it) and I'm just now getting to Daytower...on my way to Meridian. I'm seriously just loving this game.

I do have to say that the very static and unemotional speaking animations are getting somewhat annoying. Main gripe being Aloy looking like she's speaking through clenched/ closed teeth all the time...like she's talking just moving her lips, there's very little if any jaw movement with her.