Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's funny, since I stopped reading comics 20+ years ago because I was tired of one stupid world-shattering event after another, it just wore me out. Seems pointless when the heroes are just treading water for eternity. During the recent resurgence, I went through some wiki's to see what happened to some of the characters I liked, and it just got crazier after I stopped.
    You remind of those days when things were really popping with creativity in Marvel.

nova #1 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its because comic sales are kind of like smart phone games.

they rely on the few people who buy lots of comics, during events people who buy every spider-man comic for example suddenly buy 2 sometimes even 3 times as many comics so that they can stay ontop of the story and their favorite characters. it also allows marvel to crossover lesser characters or jumpstart new ones then those whales who wouldnt pick someone up might like them in the event and pick that book up when it goes to its solo series again.

if more people bought comics we would probably have less events and more focus on individual stories but its gotten to the point where they have to rely on them to remain profitable
    Lucky for me the Marvel books I follow don't usually play a real big role in these mega events and can pretty much be read totally on their own, like Moon Knight, Hercules, and Silk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Lucky for me the Marvel books I follow don't usually play a real big role in these mega events and can pretty much be read totally on their own, like Moon Knight, Hercules, and Silk.
    Isn't Silk involved in the clone conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Isn't Silk involved in the clone conspiracy?
    Yeah, but that's the first event she's really done anything in, and even there her role is pretty tertiary.

Last edited by Demoncrash; 2017-03-01 at 05:55 AM.

Will the chain truly keep them together?

Is this another instance where I will have to buy the soundtrack?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guardians 2 looks even better than the first movie. How can they keep this up? Fucking genius.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    DAYUM!!!

So, in this months Doctor Strange, we have a guest appearance by none other than the Mighty Thor!

It seems Strange needs help, Mr Misery has re-infected all the patients that Strange once operated on, so he has to redo all their opperations.

Only one problem... His hands are still fucked.

So he calls on the only medical professional he knows: Dr Jane Foster (turns out he knew she was Thor all along, because... Magic).

There's only one problem. After the first successful surgery, Mr Misery realises what they're doing and makes all the patients crash at once.

Strange, still thinking like a doctor, suggests what any doctor WOULD suggest; triage. Work out who will crash first and fix them sooner, hope the stronger ones can hold on for long enough, that Thor can get to them later.

Thor however, has a slightly different plan...

Moving as fast as the lightning she controls, she performs all eight surgeries... AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME!

So yeah... I think this once and for all puts to rest the theory that a lot of people had, that Thor was capable of Light speed travel, but was much slower in combat (because that's possible...).

I mean... 8 successful brain ops at the same time? That's FLASH level speed right there, forget Superman level speed...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Saw Logan. Brutal but amazing.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    its a miracle it got made. lets hope logan and deadpool teaches fox to stay out of the way and just let people do their own thing.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its a miracle it got made. lets hope logan and deadpool teaches fox to stay out of the way and just let people do their own thing.
    All movies have studio interference, you just only hear about it when the movie goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    DAYUM!!!

So, in this months Doctor Strange, we have a guest appearance by none other than the Mighty Thor!

It seems Strange needs help, Mr Misery has re-infected all the patients that Strange once operated on, so he has to redo all their opperations.

Only one problem... His hands are still fucked.

So he calls on the only medical professional he knows: Dr Jane Foster (turns out he knew she was Thor all along, because... Magic).

There's only one problem. After the first successful surgery, Mr Misery realises what they're doing and makes all the patients crash at once.

Strange, still thinking like a doctor, suggests what any doctor WOULD suggest; triage. Work out who will crash first and fix them sooner, hope the stronger ones can hold on for long enough, that Thor can get to them later.

Thor however, has a slightly different plan...

Moving as fast as the lightning she controls, she performs all eight surgeries... AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME!

So yeah... I think this once and for all puts to rest the theory that a lot of people had, that Thor was capable of Light speed travel, but was much slower in combat (because that's possible...).

I mean... 8 successful brain ops at the same time? That's FLASH level speed right there, forget Superman level speed...
    That's an actual recent comic book?
    omg...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's an actual recent comic book?
    omg...
    Yup, in this months issue of Doctor Strange.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Trying not to let the hype overtake me before I see it. I think I'm failing
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

What do you guys think of Gary Busey playing Captain America?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    What do you guys think of Gary Busey playing Captain America?
    When did this happen? Or rather, surely this didn't happen. I can't see Gary Busey as Captain America, like ever.

Gary Busey playing Red Skull maybe :P

Holy shit brutal was right. Wolverine finally got the movie he deserved. I'm just sad Hugh Jackman is hanging up the claws now that we got a good Deadpool movie franchise going.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    Holy shit brutal was right. Wolverine finally got the movie he deserved. I'm just sad Hugh Jackman is hanging up the claws now that we got a good Deadpool movie franchise going.
    I did not expect them to actually kill logan in the movie. Kinda felt like shit over that. I'm curious if they'll continue the franchise with the girl.

I did love the fighting scenes. Logan and the girl were both so vicious. We finally got a real wolverine movie.

Quick question though! Did anybody see Stan Lee in the movie?
    Last edited by the game; 2017-03-06 at 03:23 PM.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano