Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Metals Nazi problem isn't a drop in the bucket compared to rap's racism and violence insightment problem. And I enjoy rap way more than metal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It seems there are quite a few complete and utter retards on these forums who advocate and/or condone punching people due to their being Nazis. Often those people don't realise they are just as bad and extremist as the wannabe Nazis.

In fact, for some inexplicable reason, the mods don't even infract them, despite the rule stating that 'Content that is dangerous or considered illegal' is forbidden, given that incitement to violence is illegal in just about every country posters on here come from.
    Lol...infract them? They want their turn riding the slippery slope that is Nazi punching.

It seems there are quite a few complete and utter retards on these forums who advocate and/or condone punching people due to their being Nazis. Often those people don't realise they are just as bad and extremist as the wannabe Nazis.
    I think you'll find Nazis did a bit worse than punch people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by AbortedGodFetus View Post
    Metals Nazi problem isn't a drop in the bucket compared to rap's racism and violence insightment problem. And I enjoy rap way more than metal.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol...infract them? They want their turn riding the slippery slope that is Nazi punching.
    Well, your forum name, could be a Death Metal band name ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Link

This article, although titled "Metal's problem" almost exclusively notes trends in Black Metal bands and mentions bands like Pantera. Article really should be renamed *Black* Metal's problem with Nazis.
    Nope. This article should be called "How journalist in 2017 still not get how metal music is made to shock, so they use shocking symbolism". lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It was 72 years ago you lunatic. Germans paid for doing it (death camps) somehow, so no one should be considered 'nazi' in 2017.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-03-06 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svad View Post
    If it was an article made by Metal Hammer, or Kerrang, I would perhaps give it abit more credence ;-)
    You missed Rockhard

btt
    I really don't care anymore. I listen to the music I like.
    The dude released that shit (the album with the swasika cover) almost 10 years ago. JUST maybe he is now longer so fond of that shit he did in the past.

Deleted
    I don't think singing about an inappropriate topic is a problem at all. It's a harmless way to express your opinion.

I personally enjoy a few songs from some bands in blazebirth hall like m8l8th and branikald even though they're obviously far from my political beliefs

Deleted
    For some reason, the writer, David Anthony, doesn't inspire trust in me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    And rap music still has a nigga problem.

Your point is?
    /thread.
    sad but true.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It seems there are quite a few complete and utter retards on these forums who advocate and/or condone punching people due to their being Nazis.
    I think you will find that people who don't believe it's okay to punch Nazis are the minority lol.

Deleted
    I am a big metalhead and do enjoy Black Metal, I couldn't tell you if some of the bands I listen to are Nazi's, my assumption is that they aren't though to me music is just music.

Some metal music does promote negativity without a doubt, but most of it is just artist freedom, I don't think that metal music is the only music that has negative connotations, just look at your typical rap album, encouraging drugs and gang violence which is arguably just as bad as being far right politically just not on the same scale.

I mean is gang violence any different to prejudice because of race/relgion etc.?

Just to caveat, I don't think its ok to be a nazi at all, but I don't think negativity and prejudice is a problem exclusively to metal, but music in general.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a simple guide for anyone confused:

Iron cross, means they like German tanks/planes and stuff, which makes sense as they're badass. Do not punch (without cause).

Swastika, means they're a Nazi, punch away you're doing the world a favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So they are advocating punching old aged German pensioners then? Is that somehow better, or are you mixing up Nazi wannabes with actual Nazis?

If you (general, not you you) think that punching Nazis is okay, then that is advocating political violence, which makes you an extremist and as you would be condoning punching extremists, you have no moral defence if people decide to punch you.

I take the position of not advocating punching anyone for their political views, even if I personally don't find them distasteful, but then again I am not an extremist.

Right, If there is any music today that's not good its rap, i love it but the shit they rap about lol, hating and killing gays and cops, selling drugs etc and of course the use of nigger in every sentence not very good for all kids that have them as rolemodels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I think you will find that people who don't believe it's okay to punch Nazis are the minority lol.
    Not in any civilised country and Wales counts as a civilised-ish country.

Link

This article, although titled "Metal's problem" almost exclusively notes trends in Black Metal bands and mentions bands like Pantera. Article really should be renamed *Black* Metal's problem with Nazis.
    While we are at it we should address the gang problems with gangster rap too.

Deleted
    Link

Only a nazi problem? You do realize, that lots of anti-establishment youth listen to angry music, right?
    You cant blame an entire fucking genre of music, as if it's somehow sentient, and blame it for something like this. It's fucking dumb.

Punk Rock and it's subgenre and related genre of that style are predominantly leftwing and often aggressively so. Have we ever said that they've got an anarchist or communist problem? No.

Why? Because it doesn't fucking matter.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2017-03-06 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I don't consider this a problem to be honest, the NSBM scene is very niche, and most metal fans steer well clear of those bands. The average metal act has no nazi problem whatsoever.

So they are advocating punching old aged German pensioners then? Is that somehow better, or are you mixing up Nazi wannabes with actual Nazis?

If you (general, not you you) think that punching Nazis is okay, then that is advocating political violence, which makes you an extremist and as you would be condoning punching extremists, you have no moral defence if people decide to punch you.

I take the position of not advocating punching anyone for their political views, even if I personally don't find them distasteful, but then again I am not an extremist.
    Oh so Nazis just have a different type of opinion, sure. They also want to kill all the jews, handicapped, gays and blacks. They believe in dictatorship and taking countries by force. Please don't reduce it to just an opinion, they're dangerous people. You'd know that if you ever lived close to a real neo-nazi. I've had mates gotten their teeth kicked out, their noses broken by nazis simply because they disagreed with them/looked at them. They're not friendly people with another opinion, they will fucking beat you up if you aren't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Oh so Nazis just have a different type of opinion, sure. They also want to kill all the jews, handicapped, gays and blacks. They believe in dictatorship and taking countries by force. Please don't reduce it to just an opinion, they're dangerous people. You'd know that if you ever lived close to a real neo-nazi. I've had mates gotten their teeth kicked out, their noses broken by nazis simply because they disagreed with them/looked at them. They're not friendly people with another opinion, they will fucking beat you up if you aren't one of them.
    If you're the instigator, then you are in the wrong. If they're the instigator, they are in the wrong. That's simply how it is.

If you're the one that ends up in court for punching a nazi, then you've done something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    If you're the instigator, then you are in the wrong. If they're the instigator, they are in the wrong. That's simply how it is.

If you're the one that ends up in court for punching a nazi, then you've done something wrong.
    And no. Nobody would willingly fuck with a mob of nazis. They were rampant in my hometown and beat innocent people up for either staring at them or being black. Too many are too complacent about nazis, thinking they're poor misunderstood people who just happen to believe their race is superior and that you should exterminate everyone not white and blonde.