Poll: What raid difficulty would you remove.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Oh and I would like to remove players like this

who in fact are a prime example for

and dont add anything to the game that is needed

- - - Updated - - -

MUAHAHA the BUTTHURT is strong in this one "I do hard normal raiding and other people dont deserve looot *cry* *bitch* *moan*"

I don't fully get what you mean but really, what does Mythic add? Yes obviously more mechanics, but there comes a limit to what is fun and what is just overkill. More advanced and complicated tactics doesn't make the boss better and the game more fun. Mythic adds things just for the sake of adding. And that is a bad thing.

But my big problem with Mythic is that it is also such a DPS race. I got the skill for Mythic, but I don't got the gear. And that sucks. I used to raid Mythic (and HC before name change) etc, but it was so demanding. I attended 3-4 raids a week in order to push decent ranks and to kill everything with a Cutting Edge achievement. It was just ridiculous the time you needed to put down, especially the gear you had to farm.

I want a scaled raid mode, with hard mechanics, like Mythics, BUT that you can enter with ANY gear and it get scaled. This way, ONLY skill is tested.

I love raiding and PvE, that's why I play mmos. But I hate leveling, gearing and farming stuff. There should be more options for those only interested in co-ordinated raid-gameplay and who don't care or like the whole mmo setting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't fully get what you mean but really, what does Mythic add? Yes obviously more mechanics, but there comes a limit to what is fun and what is just overkill. More advanced and complicated tactics doesn't make the boss better and the game more fun. Mythic adds things just for the sake of adding. And that is a bad thing.

But my big problem with Mythic is that it is also such a DPS race. I got the skill for Mythic, but I don't got the gear. And that sucks. I used to raid Mythic (and HC before name change) etc, but it was so demanding. I attended 3-4 raids a week in order to push decent ranks and to kill everything with a Cutting Edge achievement. It was just ridiculous the time you needed to put down, especially the gear you had to farm.

I want a scaled raid mode, with hard mechanics, like Mythics, BUT that you can enter with ANY gear and it get scaled. This way, ONLY skill is tested.

I love raiding and PvE, that's why I play mmos. But I hate leveling, gearing and farming stuff. There should be more options for those only interested in co-ordinated raid-gameplay and who don't care or like the whole mmo setting.
    This is why I would vote for the non-existing option, remove Mythic+ from dungeons. Or make its rewards purely cosmetic or whatever.
    Mythic raiding is so much more fun compared to heroic because screwing up is meaningful and eventually killing the boss is a greater achievement. But the entire grind around Mythic that Legion has introduced just killed it for me. Yes, every raider has their share of grinding to do, but this is on a new scale. I don't see how reducing lower difficulties will help the grind-or-die problem for Mythic raiding.

Out of the current options, I pick normal. I know normal -> heroic is a massive step up for those that are accustomed to normal raiding, but with the group-finding tool, normal-guilds have become obsolete. You find so many overgeared people for normal raids, you're better off gearing up in M+ and pugs and going for heroic, barring the first weeks of content of course.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either normal and heroic should be combined or heroic and mythic. I voted mythic because such a small % play this content, might as well make heroic a bit harder and have it fixed at 20. Then we would have LFR, Normal (flex), Heroic (fixed at 20).
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Mythic and I'd change the loot LFR gives to blue items and reduce their item levels so they're only just better than heroic 5 man loot.

Interesting how few say Heroic. Glad to see most of everyone is on board with removing one of the other 3, and I could see any of them removed for good reason.

LFR: Also known as "Looking For Retards", LFR is infamous for being so brain-dead easy, half the raid could AFK and still get it done, as well as bringing a bunch of toxic players together. No one takes LFR seriously, and for good reason.

Normal: Like raiding, but on "Very Easy" mode. Perhaps too easy to even be considered a challenge.

Heroic: IMO the closest sweet spot of how raids should be.

Mythic: Way too difficult and not in a good way.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think normal isn't really needed. It's a step above LFR but not by much and you do not learn anything.

Honestly thought what I'd prefer is them to make mythic flexible or 15 man because then my guild MIGHT do it.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2017-03-06 at 03:11 PM.

Deleted
    As much as i love alts, i would choose LFR, because it is cancer.

With that said... i'd remove both LFR and heroic. Have normal be the puggable easy mode and mythic the real deal.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-03-06 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep LFR and Normal, and merge Heroic and Mythic. There's no point in having two hard modes with slight differences in difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Keep LFR and Normal, and merge Heroic and Mythic. There's no point in having two hard modes with slight differences in difficulty
    There's a BIG difference between heroic & mythic, it's not slight. If anything normal & heroic are the ones that should be merged

Quote Originally Posted by merli View Post
    LFR is just for the really casual people to still see the story.
    This is a bit trolling of course, but it is also a bit true: LFR is also for the hardcore raiders who want to have a additional shot at their legendaries.

Deleted
    the obvios answer is: none. all other answers are false. choice is good, its a mystery to me how anyone can fail to see that.

I'd have two difficulties: normal and heroic.

Deleted
    None, the diffuclties are amazing now.

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    the obvios answer is: none. all other answers are false. choice is good, its a mystery to me how anyone can fail to see that.
    This.

I still don't understand why people want to remove a difficulty they don't even play.
    Don't wanna play LFR, don't do LFR. LFR is useful for alts and for people who don't want/can't get into organized raiding.
    Don't wanna play Normal, don't do Normal. Normal is for casuals that like organized play, and for those who need a stepping stone before reaching Heroic.
    Don't wanna play Heroico, don't do Heroic. Heroic is for players that are above casual and need a harder challenge.
    Don't wanna play Mythic, don't do Mythic. It's for the truly dedicate players that wanna a real challenge.

"Wah, but LFR is stupid now that we get Group Finder". No, it's not. Try getting into Group Finder when you are low gear.

Current raid setup is the best WoW ever had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    +1

Sadly there is a TLDR of both extremist and stupid position:

"I want LFR removed because i don't want to spend time in it but i want my BiS legendary"

"I want Myt removed because i will never be able to do it"

Both stupid arguments.

All of them. Bring back TBC Raiding. Doing the same content over and over again on different difficulties is absurd.

None.

What is it with this community and removing player options? Let people play what they will for pete's sake.

Remove all this different difficultys bshit, stop being lazy and just add several i mean SEVERAL raids that appeal to different ppl. Like 1 10 man easyesh here and there, a 20 man harder in each tier, etc.

I know most ppl like it as it is, but just designing 1, max 2 raid for each tier and opening them at different difficultys looks like shortcutting and lazyness to me.

There should only be the following:

LFR - For people who simply want to see content.
    Mythic - For those who want the best gear and challenge.

There's a reason TBC was such a success. Back then all you had was one difficulty--a 25-man raid. I can accept that LFR needs to exist to allow people to solo queue or have an option to see the content.

Back in the day you didn't have to ask "What difficulty did you beat?" What a stupid question anyway. You either clear an instance or you don't. There shouldn't be a hand-me-down version of an instance other than LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Interesting how few say Heroic. Glad to see most of everyone is on board with removing one of the other 3, and I could see any of them removed for good reason.
    Because most of the semi-serious players around here raid Heroic (such as your truly) and don't want to see their chosen difficulty removed.

This is what these threads often boil down to, I find. "Fuck the other difficulties, but leave the one I play alone''.

The current model works fine. LFR for casual players/alts, Normal for pugs and casual guilds, Heroic for organized guilds and skilled pugs, Mythic for the leetest of the leet.