Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Point of Krosus encounter?

Maybe I've not paid close enough attention to the dialogue in Nighthold, but why do we fight Krosus?

It doesn't seem that his presence would impede our assault on the Nighthold, as he's a bit out of the way. Him blocking our only route to the Tomb of Sargeras might make sense (a la Kologarn in Ulduar), but we're not going there yet. Instead, it's detour, kill boss, backtrack.

Is it merely revenge for Tirion?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's a big giant Eredar motherfucker with strong magic. Can't let him hang around, really.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Well, for lore's sake it's a nice vengeance for Tirion amongst other losses to the Legion. This is the demon that directly ended Tirion's life in front of us all on the Broken Shore as a random display of the Legion's power.

For another approach, he's already there. He's coming to wreak havoc whether we kill Elisande/Gul'dan or not, so why would we just see a giant demon that the Legion was making a pretty big effort to bring into this plane of existence, and NOT kill it :P

*Edit* I do agree that his position in the raid does seem pretty much like a detour as you said. Basically if you don't want to acknowledge that he'll be a threat after we leave anyway, you could always blame blizz for the weird spot he's in :P
    Last edited by Ronissassa; 2017-03-06 at 06:42 PM.

If he is just blocking the path to the Tomb, why wouldn't he be in THAT raid?

1. Revenge.
    2. He's a huge ass demon that could have wreaked havoc if left unchecked. Imagine getting to Gul'dan, only to have this guy show up after engaging.

Krosus isn't even dead, he went straight back to the Twisting Nether so we'll probably see him again in 7.3.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Ronissassa View Post
    Well, for lore's sake it's a nice vengeance for Tirion amongst other losses to the Legion. This is the demon that directly ended Tirion's life in front of us all on the Broken Shore as a random display of the Legion's power.
    Wasnt him that killed Tirion.

Deleted
    Still kills me that Tirion was a primary factor in defeating the lich king but gets butchered by a legion scrub. Not even end tier quality.

Be like seeing Medivh killed by Jinrokh down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, these demons ain't just gonna hunt themselves y'know!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    Wasnt him that killed Tirion.
    I do think it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    Still kills me that Tirion was a primary factor in defeating the lich king but dies to a random legion scrub. Not even end tier quality.

I mean it's not like Krosus soloed Tirion. He was captured in Legion territory, imprisoned and tortured by Gul'dan, and then held in place by Gul'dan's magic while Krosus struck him down into a pool of fel fire. Even then, he survives long enough to make a brief appearance in the Paladin storyline. Dude seems pretty hardcore!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Krosus isn't even dead, he went straight back to the Twisting Nether so we'll probably see him again in 7.3.
    Depends on how fel corrupted the proximity to ToS is considered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anax View Post
    I do think it was.
    Ret paladin artifact line.

Field Marshal Chad Bro Chill 17's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    Still kills me that Tirion was a primary factor in defeating the lich king but gets butchered by a legion scrub. Not even end tier quality.

Tirion didn't do jack, it was all Ashbringer. The LK beat Tirion like a chump ON HOLY GROUND at Light's Hope until he got Ashbringer, and it was Ashbringer who broke him out of his iceblock and also Ashbringer that shattered Frostmourne. Tirion was just an old paladin who was along for the ride.
    "The Light that guides us. This movement was set in motion before you came... We... We do as we are told. It is what must be done."

lol my guild was laughing about this the other day. You actively have to seek him out, he isn't anywhere near some place you'd go without knowing he was there. I get it for the revenge thing, which I'll mention, but for the most part, feels like we could kill everyone else, then he'd just be alone all sad. Left to take on everyone solo.

As a prot warrior fuck Krosus anyways.

Deleted
    Dumb question since I've skipped every cutscene, I wanna watch them but they delay me getting stuff done.

Tirion died to Krosus?! What when?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Dumb question since I've skipped every cutscene, I wanna watch them but they delay me getting stuff done.

Broken Shore. It was preeeetty obvious. The story closes in the ret paladin artefact quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Bro Chill 17 View Post
    Tirion didn't do jack, it was all Ashbringer. The LK beat Tirion like a chump ON HOLY GROUND at Light's Hope until he got Ashbringer, and it was Ashbringer who broke him out of his iceblock and also Ashbringer that shattered Frostmourne. Tirion was just an old paladin who was along for the ride.
    Without Tirion, none of that would have happened though. His faith in the light was essential.

Since Krosus is blocking the path to the former temple of Elune you might argue that he is to be defeated last, in preparation for 7.3?
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2017-03-06 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post

Yeah, in the Broken Shore scenario. You can still do it on new 100s I believe.

...the dude smashed a good portion of the city with slight effort. Who's to say he'd stop at the bridge and not start smashing the city?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I think it has to do with the "raid" dosen't know its way around Nighthold (everytime, canonically, is the first time through) and is exploring trying to find the path to Gul'dan. They stumble upon a group of eredar channeling fel into the water for some ritual: seeing its bad the raid engages and kills them, but its too late the ritual has empowered Krosus enough to wake him up, and he wants to kill the raid for interrupting his dinner. The Raid wants to kill him for Tirion, and because he's a big huge Doom Lord that's likely going to start murdering them if they try to turn around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Broken Shore. It was preeeetty obvious. The story closes in the ret paladin artefact quest.
    What's awful is I've done them both and not noticed, seriously don't pay attention to the story ingame only out of game. Ah well. Thanks for informing me.