Page 1 of 42
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

House Republicans release ObamaCare replacement bill

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ment-bill.html

House Republicans have released the text of their long-awaited ObamaCare replacement bill.

The legislation, called the American Health Care Act, can be read online at readthebill.gop.

The sweeping legislation would repeal ObamaCare certain taxes and subsidies, along with the so-called individual and employer mandates.

The legislation would allow state insurance exchanges to exist for now, and would preserve protections for those with pre-existing conditions.

Fox News is told the plan is to go to both the Energy and Commerce and Ways and Means committees on Wednesday for "mark-up" sessions where they will craft a final version of the bill. The legislation would go before the House Budget Committee next week.

The hope is that the bill would hit the House floor the week after that -- and the Senate before the Easter recess.

Unclear is how many people might lose coverage under the new plan.
    About time!

https://housegop.leadpages.co/healthcare/

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    About time!
    I can't speak for others, but I commend your ability to swiftly read and approve of complex legislation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I can't speak for others, but I commend your ability to swiftly read and approve of complex legislation
    Obamacare has been a disaster. Without going into too much detail it has cost me a lot of money.

About time what.?.?
    replace it with anything, because there is no way you read it......and it could very well say some really bad shit.

They were pretty evil in dealing with pre-existing conditions. Basically you're grandfathered in, but if you let coverage lapse or change it - it goes back to the basics of charging you either an arm or a leg, OR just outright denying you.

Medicaid change is going to piss off a TON of stupid Trump supporters.

Obamacare has been a disaster. Without going into too much detail it has cost me a lot of money.
    That doesn't actually say anything about whether this is an improvement.

I think he's saying it's about time they released their plan after 6 years of "repeal and replace".

edit: Nvm, he just doesn't like the ACA.

7+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't actually say anything about whether this is an improvement.
    Well for me it can't get much worse.

Even just repealing it without any replacement would be a good thing for me. Not necessarily for some other people perhaps, but I'm hopeful that it's gonna be solid.

job creators
    job creators

god damn
    job creators

why can't they just say the rich.

I'll have to read what's in it, but I'm not optimistic.

Now to wait for the other members of the Collaborators to read it (at the same time as us unelected jackoffs!) and watch to see if Ryan and company have managed to whip them into line or if they'll have an internal fight over this. Because as of now, there's been plenty of opposition to what folks thought would be in the bill from within the Republican party, despite Ryan's constant claims that there was party unity behind it.

Look a no-argument argument.

If it cost you a lot of money, its because you fell into the donut hole that the -Republicans- demanded be included in the original legislation that screwed people in the middle.

Its been a disaster because the people you're praising fucked you. Either that, or you make enough to afford and it your employer is an asshat who didnt provide you with good benefits.

Sorry to hear that, get an employer who isnt a piece of shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Look a no-argument argument.

If it cost you a lot of money, its because you fell into the donut hole that the -Republicans- demanded be included in the original legislation that screwed people in the middle.

Its been a disaster because the people you're praising fucked you. Either that, or you make enough to afford and it your employer is an asshat who didnt provide you with good benefits.

Sorry to hear that, get an employer who isnt a piece of shit.
    I'm my own boss. Not being able to hire more people thanks to Obamacare sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short version : kept the stuff people like, got rid of the stuff that pays for it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Even just repealing it without any replacement would be a good thing for me. Not necessarily for some other people perhaps, but I'm hopeful that it's gonna be solid.
    How very Randian of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Short version : kept the stuff people like, got rid of the stuff that pays for it.
    That was my takeaway.

The bill is too big for me to possibly be able to judge it at this point.

I have this sneaking suspicion that republicans just left all the things their constituents like while cutting everything that made it work.

It didn't do shit to you - and this plan won't do shit either.

Also, cry me a effing river if you had to switch insurance or something. SOme of us actually got our asses saved by Obamacare. 2 weeks after signing on my gal bladder burst and I was unemployed. Obamacare's Medicaid sections saved my life.

So, if you paid something slightly higher - thanks for helping save my life, and if that's not good to you - then you're the proverbial death panel you were so damn afraid of.

Seems so far as im going through it that aca will end in 2020. Givings states a few years to figure out what type of plan works for their state. I see tax credit parts in the bill with rules and penalties. That is how this gets really messy like what happened to aca.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-03-06 at 11:44 PM.

How many employees do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Hey, why not take notes from Trumps proposed budget. I mean, his budget pays for things with a magical 3.5%+ GDP growth that's not realistic by any measure, so why not have the funding for this be just as magical?

THE GOVERNMENT PRINTS MONEY AFTER ALL, SO WHY IS OUR DEBT AN ISSUE?! (/s)

... you realize the employer mandate doesnt kick in until you have more than 50 employees, right?

If you have more than 50 employees and werent providing them with insurance in the first place, you dont deserve to be in business.

If your costs went up to provide that insurance, again, it is the fault of the Republicans who insisted on cuts to subsidies for people like you in the original ACA legislation.

You're literally thanking the people who fucked you for un-fucking you (maybe).

Do you not see the irony?

so if i make 30k a year....

i get a tax credit..of say...14k.

umm, do they think someone making 30k a year is paying 14k in taxes to get credits for?

Will women be able to purchase a plan that covers abortions?

No. Our proposal is consistent with the bipartisan Hyde Amendment, which does not allow taxpayer dollars to go toward funding an elective abortion.

lol what.....

How are you paying for this plan? How much is it going to cost taxpayers?

We are still discussing details, but we are committed to repealing Obamacare and replacing it with fiscally responsible policies that restore the free market and protect taxpayers.

Translation, WE HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA.

- - - Updated - - -

how so? Tell me how did obamacare increase your cost as a business owner?