Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Your employer puts most of the money in it, couple thousand a year.
    This is an even bigger lie than single payer being free healthcare. Your employer is not giving you shit, its taken from your pay, into a shittier insurance. Your employer is never giving you anything, its all taken from your paycheck., when ever its told or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    oh yeah, a yearly credit that I'll easily blow through and then some. whoopee.

same thing with HSAs.
    Off topic but do you save money every year?

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Well in this case republicans are pushing it and so far the trump administration has had a ''fuck everyone that didn't vote for me'' attitude, so it seems weird to intentionally go out of your way to fuck your own voters and helping the people who vote the other side, especially considering he has promised his own voters that everything will be better for them when he became president
    I'm not fond of this line of reasoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Off topic but do you save money every year?
    I barely make enough to pay my bills. I wish.

Currently looking for more consistent and better work, but alas.

Deleted
    I read everything you typed and it wasn't like what you did here. That is form an actual thought to back your claim. Good job on that. I can actually take you seriously now. Obama indeed did say that and obviously it isn't true. That doesn't mean he is the sole reason people want ACA repealed and replaced. There are many other factors of why people don't want it than just being against Obama. That is just silly. Perhaps you should do some reading and see the many other reasons why.
    First you compliment him on his ability to form an argument and then instead of making an argument yourself as to why he is wrong you tell him to go ''do some reading''.

Ah the hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    This is an even bigger lie than single payer being free healthcare. Your employer is not giving you shit, its taken from your pay, into a shittier insurance. Your employer is never giving you anything, its all taken from your paycheck., when ever its told or not.
    Employer contribution plans for the working class are such bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    From the sound of it, it keeps several key provisions of the ACA such as income based assistance and the inability of insurers to deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions.

So for all their bluster over the subject, the Republicans have basically accepted Obamacare and are just nibbling at the edges and giving it a new lick of paint.

Which was immediately obvious during the campaign when Trump constantly railed against the ACA but didn't want anyone to actually lose coverage. Ironically, Trump seems to have convinced Republicans to effectively support the fundamentals of Obamacare.

But without reading it, you're sure that this one will be a better deal for you?

Or perhaps you could be specific about which part of this new deal will be better for you personally?
    Well, yeah, remember, the ACA was originally a Republican plan. Romneycare. Fo real.

So yeah, they are trying to take credit for repealing it, but it really is pretty much what they wanted all along. They just didnt want the Dems/Obama getting credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Your plan is to tell people not to fuck if they can't afford an abortion? Good luck with that.

Pro tip: the poor have nothing better to do with their time than fuck.
    Nah, it's more like that the vast majority of those who are fucking and getting pregnant and giving birth should actually get abortions instead of carrying their 15 IQ DNA on.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    ... "didnt work for many" - sure. Because of holes in the program caused by the Republicans in the first place

Read the original bill, and read the bill after the Republicans got done with it.

And while it didnt work for many, it worked for millions who didn't have insurance AT ALL, in those states.

Perfect? No, no legislation is perfect. But the ACA was handicapped by the Republicans (and Corporate Democrats who sided with them) [i]on purpose]/i], and the irony is that the Republicans have managed to push the blame off on others, and gain accolades for "repealing" it.
    What republican input? All that input that they want to repeal and replace? Sorry I can't take you seriously and will just end our little debate here. You seem to be in blame everyone else mode and that's just not worth discussing, Have a nice the rest of your day, evening or night. Whatever it may be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'm not fond of this line of reasoning.
    Don't get me wrong, neither am I, but what would be the republican argument as to why providing it as a block grant would be a good idea? (Keep in mind, I know little on the subject and am neutral on it, just trying to learn)

What republican input? All that input that they want to repeal and replace? Sorry I can't take you seriously and will just end our little debate here. You seem to be in blame everyone else mode and that's just not worth discussing, Have a nice the rest of your day, evening or night. Whatever it may be.
    The GOP has plenty of input. They just exhausted all their capital on bullshit like taking away end-of-life counseling for the elderly poor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Don't get me wrong, neither am I, but what would be the republican argument as to why providing it as a block grant would be a good idea? (Keep in mind, I know little on the subject and am neutral on it, just trying to learn)
    Paul Ryan is an Objectivist. He views basically any government spending as a bad thing. Block grants cut funding and leave the door open for further cuts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Nah, it's more like that the vast majority of those who are fucking and getting pregnant and giving birth should actually get abortions instead of carrying their 15 IQ DNA on.
    I fully agree, unfortunately those people can't pay for anti-conception/abortions, so in order to achieve your goal (and save a fuckton of hardship & costs for the individual/society) it is a good idea to have anti-conception covered by your health insurance

10+ Year Old Account
    What republican input?
    The amendments they added to the bill?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    He is right though, the plan was originally a republican plan (very similar to romneycare) which was modified slightly by democrats.

While there are certainly some problems with the plan, the majority of those problems were startup issues as well as it being unable to control costs as much as it has liked.

Besides that, the lack of coverage that some people experienced is primarily due to many red states not expanding medicare to go with the ACA, causing a massive gap of people who were too rich to qualify for aid but too poor to pay for the care themselves.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    So where's the "Universal Health Care" Trump promised...

I'm realy sorry for the people who depended on the ACA. Many will die in that "orgy of egocentrism" that's raging the US.
    He did not say in the video you linked he was promising Universal Health care as such. I have seen interviews with him where he likes the idea, but he also is realistic. He may want something, but Congress still has to agree with it.

How this new proposed health care bill will be in it's final stages ( because you can look for some amendments before it is finally passed into law ) is still to be seen.

So you want to fund more abortions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

"Poor people are stupid" is such a cancer ideology.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Short version : kept the stuff people like, got rid of the stuff that pays for it.
    LOL exactly. This has been said for a long time by Democrats and economists. Republicans like most of the ACA, they just hated the Obama part, as well as the having to pay for it part.

So whenever someone says "free college", the consrvatives mock them and say there's no such thing. Now that they're basically gutting the funding of the ACA, you can either expect to see the insurance market crash, or the government will begin using tax dollars to hold the insurance industry up.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I barely make enough to pay my bills. I wish.

Currently looking for more consistent and better work, but alas.
    I don't understand. I thought Texas was sooo amazingly capitalismy capitalistic and everyone there had jobs they want...because of freedom.

Hmmm...

I just can't see a world in which this bill ends up with the same number or more people with health insurance.