Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Unless he has conclusive evidence that Queen Elizabeth is a lizard person from the center of the Earth, we should not care.

"Vault 7" sounds like a stupid marketing ploy. If they had something legitimately juicy, it wouldn't be needed. So, I'm going to assume this is a cry for attention until proven otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I would love for you to tel me what exactly Trump did that helped Putin besides just hope to not be as neck biting and maybe beat ISIS together during his campaign? He hasn't done anything to help Russia. In fact he picked the wrong advisors to go easy on Russia.
    Telling the EU to destabilize itself for the lols is a pretty big pro-Putin move.

Having the US retard itself in international influence, alienate its allies and pull up trade stakes widens the door for Putin to fill the gap.

Basically, everything that makes the US weaker, whether internally or externally, is a benefit for Putin.

You'd do well to remind yourself that Putin does not have the US' best interests in mind, he has Putin's. So you'll excuse me if playing into his hand isn't exactly seen as "pro-US." There can be only one big fish in the pond.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Pretty sure the leaks are about Obama and the space aliens work on Modor prime in service of the Night king

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Pretty sure the leaks are about Obama and the space aliens work on Modor prime
    That's Alex Jones. Possibly literally, not sure anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    "Vault 7" sounds like a stupid marketing ploy. If they had something legitimately juicy, it wouldn't be needed. So, I'm going to assume this is a cry for attention until proven otherwise.
    It made me think of Fallout. Can't yet decide if they would be the Brotherhood of Steel or the Enclave though.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It's almost as if both sides are as bad as eachother.

That is if you only try to see the extreme. There is a whole range of people. Not just extreme left or right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Pretty sure the leaks are about Obama and the space aliens work on Modor prime in service of the Night king
    SHHHHHHHHHHHH. We aren't meant to discuss King Mlarktarc in Public.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    That is if you only try to see the extreme. There is a whole range of people. Not just extreme left or right.
    I'd say most people fall inbetween the 2, yet we tend to only hear the extreme sides in the Media unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say most people fall inbetween the 2, yet we tend to only hear the extreme sides in the Media unfortunately.

Outrage sells better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Unless he has conclusive evidence that Queen Elizabeth is a lizard person from the center of the Earth, we should not care.
    That explains her suspiciously long reign...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Telling the EU to destabilize itself for the lols is a pretty big pro-Putin move.

Having the US retard itself in international influence, alienate its allies and pull up trade stakes widens the door for Putin to fill the gap.

Basically, everything that makes the US weaker, whether internally or externally, is a benefit for Putin.

You'd do well to remind yourself that Putin does not have the US' best interests in mind, he has Putin's. So you'll excuse me if playing into his hand isn't exactly seen as "pro-US." There can be only one big fish in the pond.
    I do enjoy this new "OMG PUTIN IS ALL DA BIG EVUL" Narrative that seems to have only really taken foot since this Election. Shows how badly people need a big evil scapegoat to blame all their issues on.

surprised it wasn't North Korea this time, but i guess they aren't a big enough country to start a fight with.

10+ Year Old Account
    It made me think of Fallout.
    Hacking and Fallout? That sounds familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Your reasoning is pretty roundabout. You could say literally anything you don't agree with is playing into Putin's hands. "Not having gender neutral bathrooms is playing right into Putin's hands." "Revitalizing manufacturing in the US is playing right into Putin's hands." "Conway taking a picture from the couch is playing right into Putins hands."

10+ Year Old Account
    I do enjoy this new "OMG PUTIN IS ALL DA BIG EVUL" Narrative that seems to have only really taken foot since this Election. Shows how badly people need a big evil scapegoat to blame all their issues on.

surprised it wasn't North Korea this time, but i guess they aren't a big enough country to start a fight with.

Let me guess. You think he is completely innocent of everything people have accused him of? Or do you not actually know his history?

You haven't been paying attention. The Putin stuff predates the election. This forum, fore example, has been discussing Russia's expansionist and aggressive actions since at least 2011. This has been going on for years.

The election was but the latest, and most directly-aggressive (towards the US) phase of his agenda. But make no mistake, it is but a star (a bright one) in a much larger constellation of aggression.

Do not be blind to Putin, just because you like Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Your reasoning is pretty roundabout. You could say literally anything you don't agree with is playing into Putin's hands. "Not having gender neutral bathrooms is playing right into Putin's hands." "Revitalizing manufacturing in the US is playing right into Putin's hands." "Conway taking a picture from the couch is playing right into Putins hands."
    These are ridiculous examples.

However 'America first' does play directly into Putin's hands. The cornerstone of US power and economic vitality is it's leadership of the Western world. America "comes first" through the US acting as a leader of a large, wealthy geopolitical community... not as a crazed hermit with a gun, telling our friends to piss off.

Putin would love nothing more than 'America first' to take root, because it would open the space up in Europe, Latin America and Asia for the first time in nearly a century, for American influence to be rolled back.

You know what I'd do if I were Mexico and the US Administration was as hostile as it has been the past 2 months for the next year? I'd cut a big foreign investment deal with China, including giving them access to a port for ship resupply and a modest military outpost. It's known in foreign policy circles they're shopping around Latin America for one. They want to establish a foothold in the Western Hemisphere.

That's what 'America First" gets America... alienation of everyone else NOT America. And who has the greater power? The one heavily armed guy or the guy with 60 friends, all of which are tremendously wealthy and heavily armed?

America First is American Geopolitical Suicide. And it's exactly why any policy along those lines play right into Putin's hands.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-03-07 at 03:20 AM.

The last time I tried to extract a file with 7z, my entire computer was swarmed with viruses. May as well try to play video games on a Linux.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prediction for Left-Wing reactions when it drops.

If it is Pro-Trump/Anti-Democrat - OMG IT'S JUST LIES RUSSIA FASCIST etc.
    If it is Anti-Trump/Pro-Democrat - OMG SEE WE TOLD YOU IT WAS ALL TRUE, FASCISTS etc.
    As if the same wouldn't be true for right-wing supporters?
    Pro-Trump/Anti-Democrat - OMG SEE WE TOLD YOU IT WAS ALL TRUE, FASCISTS
    Anti-Trump/Pro-Democrat - OMG IT'S JUST LIES RUSSIA FASCIST

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost as if both sides are as bad as eachother.
    You mean the edge of each side that is totally nuts because most people just want them all to shut the hell up....?

I don't think he was being vague, Trump's general objectives are fine, the hows of that objectives though do sometimes play into Putin's/China's hands. I'll take one of this to make the point:

"Revitalizing manufacturing in the US is playing right into Putin's hands."
    In this case, the way Trump set to achieve this during the campaign was through tariffs and alienating our trading partners, rather than using more organic ways like Paul Ryan's border tax, susbidize investment in automation like China is doing, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me use my amazing power of prediction to guess what it is:

1)Won't be about Russia

2)Won't be about American Republicans

3)Will be about CNN

4)More democrat leaks to distract from Trump

5)Literally nothing and just trying to sell shit again