Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Ontario isn't a have not province.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Ontario

The economy of Ontario is rich and diversified. Ontario is the largest economy in Canada, with a GDP nearly twice that of neighbouring Quebec, which is Canada's second largest economy.[1][2] Though manufacturing plays an important role in Ontario's economy, it is the service sector that takes up 76.9%.[3] Ontario's public debt-to-GDP ratio is projected to reach 40.3% in fiscal year 2016-2017, compared to 26% in 2007-2008.[4]

Ontario is the most populous province of Canada, with a population of approximately 13.5 million permanent residents in 2013.[5] It is Canada's leading manufacturing province, accounting for 46% of the manufacturing GDP in 2012.[6]

Inflation is at 1.0% as of July 2013, and the unemployment rate is at 7.5%.[7] In 2012, the ratings agency Moody's downgraded the province's credit rating from an AA1 negative outlook to an AA2 stable outlook in April 2012.[8]

In 2013, Ontario's main international exports were motor vehicles and parts (34.2%), precious metals and stones (12.3%), mechanical equipment (8.8%), electrical machinery (3.8%), and plastic products (3.6%).[9] Ontario's main international imports were motor vehicles parts and accessories (21.7%), mechanical equipment (14.2%), electrical machinery (11.8%), precious metals & stones (4.5%) and plastic products (3.7%).[9]

Ontario was the leading state/province for attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) in North America in 2013, with $7.23bn. This accounted for more than one-tenth of all FDI in North America. It was also the 4th biggest state for outward FDI, recording $7.74bn.[10]

As of 2016, Ontario has surpassed Alberta to become the fastest-growing provincial economy in Canada

- - - Updated - - -
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equali...ties_in_Canada

This is also from wikipedia

Per capita benefit is derived from provincial population data in other Wiki articles and the total payments cited below.

Quebec will receive the most from equalization payments in the 2013-2014 year.[1]
    However, per capita, PEI benefits the most. In the 2013-2014 year, the following provinces will receive equalization payments:[1]

Quebec ($7.833 billion)
    Ontario ($3.169 billion)
    Manitoba ($1.792 billion)
    New Brunswick ($1.513 billion)
    Nova Scotia ($1.458 billion)
    Prince Edward Island ($340 million)
    The following provinces will not qualify for equalization payments in 2013-2014:[1]

Alberta
    Saskatchewan
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    British Columbia

I don't really care that Canadians get 3 more days off and on average live 3 years longer.

What does life expectancy have to do with "the American Dream" anyway? Most Americans could easily live into their late 80s or 90s if they even remotely took care of themselves which most of them don't.

The weather fucking sucks in Canada also which is an underrated factor in comparing the quality of life between 2 places.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It might be true that if you cherry pick data to suit your own agenda you end up with something you like but that's misleading at best. If you want to call that the truth so be it but your only fooling yourself. The ide of comparing certain sects of society is contrary to the concept of the America dream anyways. You're real just proving the writers point for him.
    "cherry picked data"

Coming from the guy with skewed numbers.

Okay.

- - - Updated - - -

This attitude is part of the problem. You can't blame people for being uneducated without providing affordable education. Same goes for healthcare. Canada does a much better job of putting it's citizen first than the US does and the info linked shows that.
    He's not blaming them at all. Here is what he's saying in simpler terms.

1. Certain groups of people are struggling in Country A and Country B.

2. Said groups are in higher numbers in country A than in country B.

3.Therefore, comparing aggregate data between country A and B is misleading

I really love this faux moral high ground you've built for Canada. But it doesn't make you any less dishonest or dense.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2017-03-07 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    That is all very well and good, but Canada is the country equivalent of watching paint dry.
    Fine by me, it's exhausting living in a country where there's drama going down every damn day of the week due to the Trump administration. Watching paint dry sounds like a nice vacation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Fine by me, it's exhausting living in a country where there's drama going down every damn day of the week due to the Trump administration. Watching paint dry sounds like a nice vacation.
    but but but tennisace lives there.....i mean uhm...GO CELISTA BE FREE!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but but but tennisace lives there.....i mean uhm...GO CELISTA BE FREE!
    I'm not convinced Tennisace is a real person at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not convinced Tennisace is a real person at this point.
    (hey you like my new avatar?)
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't you had that one before?
    yes it's my favorite. do you like it?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-03-07 at 03:30 AM.

If you didn't read the news or talk to people about it, you wouldn't even know who the president is or what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I didn't pick it lol...and hey...you have to admit those geese really are asshole birds
    My dog keeps chasing them when we're at the park, just waiting for the day when one of them gets pissed off and doesn't fly off when she runs up to it. Gonna be a hefty vet bill...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    If you didn't read the news or talk to people about it, you wouldn't even know who the president is or what they are doing.
    I mean, I live here so I should probably keep myself informed on things.

I mean, I live here so I should probably keep myself informed on things.
    You saying that it is exhausting to live somewhere because of what you read on the news and then stress out over is something you choose to do to yourself.

You saying that it is exhausting to live somewhere because of what you read on the news and then stress out over is something you choose to do to yourself.
    What's the alternative? Stick my head in the sand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    For all of those thinking about moving to glorious Canadia land of the free.
    1. They gave us Celine Dion (kinda on the fence on this one)
    2. They produced Justin ffing Bieber (a crime so vile I am still hoping the UN will impose sanctions on them)
    3. The weather during all 4 seasons can only be described thus.....
    Well that's a good news. I love my winter.

Besides, there are 2 solitudes: Québec and the rest. We barely heard of Justin Bieber before he became a world wide star.

7+ Year Old Account
    From the United States, refugees and asylum seekers are now fleeing into Canada hoping for a fair immigration hearing and a better future. In Latin America, there are reports of economic migrants heading north, intending to cross the U.S. border and keep moving, into Canada. And, overseas, ESL students are increasingly choosing Canada over the U.S.
    Goodbye and good riddance. I'm left on gay rights, abortion, and economics; but on immigration and the military, I'm as hard right as you can get.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Take a hard look at the last 10,000 news articles you've read and come to the reasonable conclusion that practically none of them have had an effect on your daily life.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take everything with a grain of salt, realize that shit is designed to get you worked up, workout/twerk, work, eat, sleep, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yag View Post
    If you are talking about Quebec, you fell for that meme my friend. Its ON, BC, and AB.
    And speakig of alberta, they are basically canada's Texas, a bunch of racists cowboys who think they deserve everything because they have oil(sands).
    Well, Québec's GDP is still second. And Alberta GDP is doped by oil. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mestic_product

But I agree that Québec's economy is much less dynamic than Ontario's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Venice Beach, Near Los Angeles

Ontario Canada.
    To be frank, I prefer the second. I am a rather contemplative kind of guy and I like the tranquility that comes with winter.

Take a hard look at the last 10,000 news articles you've read and come to the reasonable conclusion that practically none of them have had an effect on your daily life.
    Health care, nonprofit funding and environmental policies affect my everyday life. I'm not spending a zillion hours a day reading/discussing Trump administration policies, if I was I would likely be far more worked up about things.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Take everything with a grain of salt, realize that shit is designed to get you worked up, workout/twerk, work, eat, sleep, etc.
    I don't have the booty for twerking. Stupid butt exercises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    lol When your national symbol of freedom is an apex predator... lol lol

Yeah, canada is cold though. Is there an equivalent to South Beach up in Canada? North Beach? Ice Fishing on the north shore in early july when it's a toasty 37 degrees?
    Eh, it is warm during summer (over 20-25 C).