10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, was planning to complete Umbrite phase for my Bard weapon, abandon it and start working on AST.. but sadly my mouse decided to say "Nope!" and left mouse button went flying. Going to be annoying as my raid-days are Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.. and I'd get new mouse Wednesday at earliest.

If I'm lucky enough to get it by Tuesday, I'll try to do my Wiping City runs then, I really could use those upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I always try to knock out 24 mans on Tuesday, since that seems to be when most of the non-troll/shit people are in there for their weekly stuff. Fortunately as of late, that only requires me to run DS.
    Yeah the difference is staggering in wiping city. But also since it doesnt synch a full 265+ alliance doing void ark is ridiculous, some bosses take 2 minutes max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wee, finally done. 275 WHM weapon, dyed in Dalamud Red is mine now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they'd reveal more info about new housing area, trying to decide if I should gamble and let my plot auto-demolish for some Gil and inform FC-member that it's available, or wait and wish housing transfer includes personal houses as well - but then again I'd love to upgrade from small to medium.

I finally pushed myself to acquire the <Grandmaster of War> title. That's one of my goals for Stormblood achieved. Now I need to stop delaying and finish the Beast Tribe stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I finally pushed myself to acquire the <Grandmaster of War> title. That's one of my goals for Stormblood achieved. Now I need to stop delaying and finish the Beast Tribe stuff.
    I also finished that off recently...mainly driven by the idea that a friend of mine (who had both GM of War and Magic already) coming back from several months break/RL stuff was closing in on beating me to having everything to 60. He went on a tear with his gathering/crafting and when he had them all at 50, I was like "Just a minute here...".

All I had left at that point was NIN and MCH, which I finished off with a mix of leveling/50 roulettes and PotD. Needed some more grade 5 battle materia, anyway, so the whole 2 birds 1 stone thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Information from Korean Live Letter (Including Job info!)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...n_live_letter/

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    More Information from Korean Live Letter (Including Job info!)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...n_live_letter/
    Just posted that + some of my own thoughts about it in the Stormblood thread.

Does gear/item level matter in Palace of the Dead, beyond the distribution of stats (ie. having crit on a piece vs. det)?

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Does gear/item level matter in Palace of the Dead, beyond the distribution of stats (ie. having crit on a piece vs. det)?
    Gear doesn't matter in Palace of the Dead INCLUDING distribution of stats. Nothing about your gear matters.

Just the Aetherpool level of your weapon and armor (that you increase with the silver chests (RNG) inside Palace). Sometimes you need to do old floors a few times to catch that up.

Increasing Aetherpool is akin to increasing all your stats.

I look at it like this: Aetherpool of 50 or 60 is about like having a fresh geared level 60 in the real game. Aetherpool of 99 is like having a super geared level 60 chr. Fill in the rest of the power-curve like an Algebra class. So doing floor 50 with Aetherpool of 10 is probably a bad idea. Well past time to go back and farm up some silver chests.

(Completely anticdotal guesstimate)
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-03-07 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Gear doesn't matter in Palace of the Dead INCLUDING distribution of stats. Nothing about your gear matters.

Just the Aetherpool level of your weapon and armor (that you increase with the silver chests (RNG) inside Palace). Sometimes you need to do old floors a few times to catch that up.

Increasing Aetherpool is akin to increasing all your stats.

I look at it like this: Aetherpool of 50 or 60 is about like having a fresh geared level 60 in the real game. Aetherpool of 99 is like having a super geared level 60 chr. Fill in the rest of the power-curve like an Algebra class. So doing floor 50 with Aetherpool of 10 is probably a bad idea. Well past time to go back and farm up some silver chests.

(Completely anticdotal guesstimate)
    Gotcha. Thanks.

Wiped on floor 190 in POTD.

;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Wiped on floor 190 in POTD.

;_;
    {Insert Darth Vader "nooo!" emote here}

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    {Insert Darth Vader "nooo!" emote here}
    Or: http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

The most soul-crushing part about that is having to start over from friggin' floor 51 and not 101. 51-100, especially when you're 99/99, is a colossal snoozefest. I'd be more than happy to give up a guaranteed potsherd in order to start at 101 with a fixed group.

The most soul-crushing part about that is having to start over from friggin' floor 51 and not 101. 51-100, especially when you're 99/99, is a colossal snoozefest. I'd be more than happy to give up a guaranteed potsherd in order to start at 101 with a fixed group.
    yea this is why i haven't even done 100+ yet.

I'll be giving it another try, though Nier: Automata is out on Friday so that's going to be distracting me and then there's Diadem coming very soon, supposedly, too.

Ugh... 25% through Horizon Zero Dawn
    Breath of the Wild is at home.
    I wanted to play Nioh and Resident Evil VII. I'd like to play Nier, which I have, then Nier: Automata.
    I'm halfway through the relic light grind, will finish gearing my NIN next week with the final upgrades.
    And we're probably 2 weeks from the next full patch with more MSQ.

Why did everyone decide to put EVERYTHING out this month? T-T

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    yea this is why i haven't even done 100+ yet.
    The sad part is that from 151+ (and to a lesser extent, 101-150) is a lot more fun because mobs are actually dangerous at that point, even at 99/99. From my brief foray into 180+, anything over 2 mobs at once is likely a wipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Ugh... 25% through Horizon Zero Dawn
    Breath of the Wild is at home.
    I wanted to play Nioh and Resident Evil VII. I'd like to play Nier, which I have, then Nier: Automata.
    I'm halfway through the relic light grind, will finish gearing my NIN next week with the final upgrades.
    And we're probably 2 weeks from the next full patch with more MSQ.

One bright note: Seeing that you're on a dps anima, it's a LOT easier to get into an A1S light farm group. Adventurer in Need for those is almost always DPS, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be giving it another try, though Nier: Automata is out on Friday so that's going to be distracting me and then there's Diadem coming very soon, supposedly, too.
    Diadem should be after the patch that goes out this evening (for my time zone at least, starts 10 PM EST, 3 AM GMT...I leave other time zone conversions to others ).

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Heh, yeah. It's why I frown whenever someone says 'no good games are coming out these days' because there's so many coming out that I end up really wanting to play/enjoy quite a bit. Even Yoshi-P pretty much encourages people to play other games (which is pretty cool since it shows that he's a real gamer and not just another guy in a suit pretending as if playing FFXIV and only FFXIV is the right choice.)

- - - Updated - - -

Diadem should be after the patch that goes out this evening (for my time zone at least, starts 10 PM EST, 3 AM GMT...I leave other time zone conversions to others ).
    Oh, neat! I guess I'll join the mad rush tomorrow morning then when it goes live.