Haven't had my own Nintendo system since the gamecube so I'll hold off for now. No vc and give them a chance to fix all the hardware flaws like with the left joycon, kickstand, and scuffing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Haven't had my own Nintendo system since the gamecube so I'll hold off for now. No vc and give them a chance to fix all the hardware flaws like with the left joycon, kickstand, and scuffing.
    Im likely picking a switch up in April closer to MarioKart, so hoping they fixed most flaws by that batch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they will add something like NEW nintendo switch, with better specs in a year or 2.
    So its better to hold on money. (you dont have to play those games as soon as they are out anyway)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    True, but Nintendo could have sold at least a million more units worldwide this week/month if they had more stock available.
    Same with every console launch. Excluding xbox in Japan of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I think they will add something like NEW nintendo switch, with better specs in a year or 2.
    So its better to hold on money. (you dont have to play those games as soon as they are out anyway)
    X2 better battery. Prob same cpu speed but maybe 500mhz gpu handheld/1ghz docked gpu bump. Wish they would pump cpu speed to like 1.5ghz. All the things I said might be able to get it some modern ports if just barely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Same with every console launch. Excluding xbox in Japan of course.
    Well yeah, but its dumb. Why not just put more in stores. Should have shipped like 4m units worldwide. They will sell eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get one once the price is lower and it can replace my ageing tablet. If it doesn't get Netflix et al I won't bother, I don't need a weak home console butI would like a strong tablet.

10+ Year Old Account
    X2 better battery. Prob same cpu speed but maybe 500mhz gpu handheld/1ghz docked gpu bump. Wish they would pump cpu speed to like 1.5ghz. All the things I said might be able to get it some modern ports if just barely.
    If I remember correctly, Parker is rated for 20W, same with the Volta version, which is way higher than the 10-15W it's currently using. Parker uses 2x Denver (big cores) and 4x A57 (also big cores, same as X1). Which on the CPU front means it's stupidly high power usage.
    Well yeah, but its dumb. Why not just put more in stores. Should have shipped like 4m units worldwide. They will sell eventually.
    It depends entirely on when they started production and manufacturing capacity / yield. There is a physical limitation to how much you can move things place to place and how fast you can manufacture them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well hopefully battery tech will be advanced enough to let them increase the specs quite a bit in 2 or 3 years.

Well hopefully battery tech will be advanced enough to let them increase the specs quite a bit in 2 or 3 years.
    Doubtful. We are on literal physical limits of Lithium Ion and I haven't heard of any new alternative breakthroughts that would have cheap commercial applications in few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Theres not gonna be a revision of an expensive brand new nintendo console in a year or two and you can quote me. Thats not nintendos style and its a big fuck you to early adopters.

Seems there are now also reports of Nintendo using B-grade LCD panels for the Switch: Multiple dead/mis-colored pixels which they want to claim is "not a defect" in 2017. When was the last time you saw a tablet or phone with dead pixels brand new?

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Theres not gonna be a revision of an expensive brand new nintendo console in a year or two and you can quote me. Thats not nintendos style and its a big fuck you to early adopters.
    I'm sorry, what? do you forget how many versions of the gameboy and ds we have been through?

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    (Earliest release dates)

GameBoy: 1989
    GameBoy Pocket: 1996

GBC: 1998

GBA: 2001
    GBA SP: 2003
    GBA Micro: 2005

DS: 2004
    DS Lite: 2006
    DSi: 2008
    DSi XL: 2009

3DS: 2011
    3DS XL: 2012
    2DS: 2013
    New 3DS (XL): 2014

Nintendo has always done hardware revisions of their handheld consoles. Only exception to this is the Game Boy Color (which in itself was more of a in-between model for the original GB and GBA).
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-03-07 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GBA is the only day one console I've ever owned and it was complete trash, then they bought out the SP 2 years later and I was done ever buying a day one console especially from Nintendo.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems there are now also reports of Nintendo using B-grade LCD panels for the Switch: Multiple dead/mis-colored pixels which they want to claim is "not a defect" in 2017. When was the last time you saw a tablet or phone with dead pixels brand new?
    Exactly, some guy linked an article from 2004 and was like see, it's not just Nintendo...some people defend anything

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    nintendo shipping 2 million units and it's sold out everywhere, the lack of 3rd party games, 3rd party devlopers not even working on 3d party games because "we believe in the switch and are eager to see how it goes"

Remember SEGA coming on the switch stage with literally NOTHING just to say they liked the switch

I mean it's god damn obvious
    I ran into two different stores yesterday in search for the amiibos. Both stores had ~10 switch consoles lying around.

Why couldn't they have made this thing work with the WiiU controller for remote play? It just seems stupid to plug this up to a TV with the way it works now as you would be undocking it constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Undocking it takes 2 seconds at most.
    Yeah but if you have it plugged up to a TV you have to go to the TV every time you want to undock or charge it. Isn't that silly when you could just leave it docked and play remotely like the WiiU and without the massive battery drain?

I just don't see any point in using it with a TV the way it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Why couldn't they have made this thing work with the WiiU controller for remote play? It just seems stupid to plug this up to a TV with the way it works now as you would be undocking it constantly.
    Because remote play is utter garbage that's dependant on a proper internet when we're talking portability in a console.

I don't just take it around the house, i also take it with me when travelling (currently staying out of town for a month).

That's the whole appeal to a lot of people
    You're not dependant on internet access to play your games on the go.
    And when you're home you can just plop it in the dock and play on a large screen.

If you can't see the point then you're not the demographic and wouldnt get much use out of it, exclusives set aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmkyungri View Post
    What do you mean?
    Mother pus bucket!