Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    You're parsing in the bottom 25% and doing ~30% less damage than you should be.

You're using the wrong talents for bosses (check gebuz guide or warcraftlogs rankings for appropriate talent choices), wrong food (375 haste > 200 int), not using potions (at least use prolonged - they're 30g each), not casting enough (need to tidy up your rotation - practice on a training dummy or something)

There are a lot of fundamental problems you need to look at before you're trying to min-max and drill down on sims.
    Talents are spec'd for heroic Krosus so they should be right for a single target fight. As far as potions, yes, I'm a slacker and food we all just use the feast. Those two things shouldn't account for the 30% damage you're talking about though I'd figure.

I'm not really sure what logs you're looking at but if it is the Krosus fight it was our first kill of him so there was a lot of running around. Additionally, we have ranged soak pitch in the back so you're out of range for a while. Also, still trying to get a feel for weaving with SW and not just LS.

Besides those things any other specific tips? I am certainly guilty of not respeccing for each fight (using ST for MT fights, etc) which would account for poor performance on most things you are looking at.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Main thing is you're not weaving spells and using dream catcher properly. I was just going through your logs for one of your normal clears.

Download weak auras (if you don't have it already) and import this weak aura https://wago.io/EyAwkA-OG.

It will track your current haste and show you what spells you can cast in your dream catcher window. You have enough haste to be able to weave 2 x SW.

In your Krosus kill during bloodlust and incarnation you are just weaving SS > LS over and over when you could be doing SS > LS > SW or even getting 2x LS out in the window with the right haste procs. This means you're wasting empowerment procs and running out of AP to keep casting during normal windows. The whole point of ED is to try and cast as many low cost SS as possible which you're not doing. You're getting about 20-30% less casts than you should be.

Rough rotation (no lust) is:
    1) Build to 92+ AP
    2) SS > LS > SS
    3) LS > SS > SW x 2 > SS

Repeat step 3 until you can't cast anymore SS and/or close that loop off with a SW x 1 into a SS before restarting at step 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Can you sim my char like you did for that other guy? I made a few changes and put myself at 31% haste so I should almost always be able to weave SW. I really feel like I should be putting out more damage than I am. Do have a normal whispers (880). Also the big 3 legendary items (ED, IFE, OE).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Beakerz/simple
    Hey buddy, here's your sim results:

As @PowerGamez is saying, I noticed you had about 9 cancelled casts on your best Trilliax encounter, which leads me to believe you may be moving too much. Additionally, here is your resource chart from the same fight:

Your resource generation chart shows that you don't generate enough AP during your Surgeweaving, which causes your ED buff uptime to be significantly below what the simulations say (41% in your logs vs. 79% uptime in sims).

These two areas are probably the most important for you to focus on.

Don't really think simming Trilliax is that useful since getting cakes is more important than DPS, if you get the debuff you have to move to adds, and the whole don't die to beam thing happening constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Don't really think simming Trilliax is that useful since getting cakes is more important than DPS, if you get the debuff you have to move to adds, and the whole don't die to beam thing happening constantly.
    It's on normal, where cakes are inconsequential.

Also, I don't really understand how fight mechanics make simming less useful.. The sim gives you best case scenario and damage sources with their respective %.. Compare that to fight logs and you can see pretty quickly where you are losing a lot of dps.. Sure you're not going to achieve 100% patchwork tunnel boss levels of DPS most of the time but you can identify where the loss is and focus that area for solid gains most of the time..

I'm saying running a Patchwerk analysis and then telling him his Emerald Dreamcatcher uptime should be closer to 79% when the very nature of the fight will never allow that isn't particularly useful. It's like telling someone in the portal group for EN dragons that their uptimes should be closer to sims when in actuality they could find themselves having to run across the arena and spend large portions of the fight just moving.

Sims have their usefulness but I just don't think they are that useful for Trilliax. In fact I'd consider a 'ignore all mechanics and tunnel the boss' recommendation (which is what it seems is essentially being said) to be more useful than 'get your numbers closer to this Patchwerk sim on a fight that is ordinarily very mobile.'
    Last edited by Myztikrice; 2017-03-08 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I'm saying running a Patchwerk analysis and then telling him his Emerald Dreamcatcher uptime should be closer to 79% when the very nature of the fight will never allow that isn't particularly useful. It's like telling someone in the portal group for EN dragons that their uptimes should be closer to sims when in actuality they could find themselves having to run across the arena and spend large portions of the fight just moving.

Sims have their usefulness but I just don't think they are that useful for Trilliax. In fact I'd consider a 'ignore all mechanics and tunnel the boss' recommendation (which is what it seems is essentially being said) to be more useful than 'get your numbers closer to this Patchwerk sim on a fight that is ordinarily very mobile.'
    I understand what you are saying, I don't think that tunnelling the boss and/or ignoring mechanics are the only way to achieve closer to patchwerk level dps though as AP management and positioning play a big role in casting up time. If anything, ignoring mechanics is probably (imo) a bad recommendation because as you progress you reach a point where you simply can't ignore mechanics and having your AP/positioning down pat will result in a lesser DPS hit when the mechanics do become more demanding.

If you're doing everything else right (enough) sometimes the only areas left to improve are ones directly countered by fight mechanics, finding a way to mitigate/minimise this loss will result in the largest DPS gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any numbers on the ptr legendary tweaks for those of us who still dont have ife/edc
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Any numbers on the ptr legendary tweaks for those of us who still dont have ife/edc
    Might wait until a bit closer to 7.2 to start analysing throughput changes, but the boots doing damage now is pretty nice. Similar to how our 2pc functions.

Question on haste, why would i be sitting at 32% and still have problems casting two solar wraths and keeping up the buff.
    i usually sit at 45ms so i doubt its lag.

if i was to mess with the lag tolerance add on, what would i set it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Question on haste, why would i be sitting at 32% and still have problems casting two solar wraths and keeping up the buff.

Double check that you have the Starlord talent as well as 2 stacks of solar empowerment when weaving. Having a WeakAura to track your stacks is especially helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisunn View Post
    Double check that you have the Starlord talent as well as 2 stacks of solar empowerment when weaving. Having a WeakAura to track your stacks is especially helpful.
    have have and have

spent time on dummy today. i just don't get how its dropping off. oh well.

I have had instances where you can queue too fast, for instance if I bind solar wrath to mousewheel sometimes the SW queues will make it so I can't get a SS off but I can if i spam the key with my finger. As for lag tolerance just go to a dummy and test it yourself

I have this issue too. I have 28% haste from gear so obviously I can't fit 2x SW normally, but when I get metronome procs at 1 stack (32%) or 2 stacks (36%) I still seem to have around a 50% success rate of actually getting 2x SW off. I play with 60ms and have tried all sorts of lag tolerance settings as well as addons which automatically set it with no improvement. It's getting to the point where I'm hoping I can get IFE to run OI/IFE or just swap to another class.

Are you tracking your haste properly? ~700 haste (1 stack of metronome) should not be giving you 4% spell haste.

Sadly, the game is weird in that regard.

You have to trick the game into thinking you're lagging, so you can queue the next ability 'faster'. I had that issue with 32, 33, even 34%....

... and then i did as others suggested, think i asked Nagura on her stream aswell, and the solution is to install an addon "AdvancedInterfaceOptions" ( https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ad...terfaceoptions ) , and tweak the lag tolerance value to something a lot higher, like 300 or 400. You will NEVER miss the timing window again (and i usually wobble off between 30-31%, at the limit).

The exact Cvar is "MaxSpellStartRecoveryOffset" i think, just search for "lag" on the cvar browser and it will show up. You'll also need to enable reducelagtolerance to 1 to allow for it to happen.

That's that i think.

What Relics are we shootin for in NH or in General? Right now I have 2 Solar Wrath (885) and 1 Sunfire (865), So far I think I have the world record for worst luck on any type of gear in NH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    What Relics are we shootin for in NH or in General? Right now I have 2 Solar Wrath (885) and 1 Sunfire (865), So far I think I have the world record for worst luck on any type of gear in NH.
    Second link in main post:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post44479517

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    So taking the +10 to +15 was more beneficial thus far for me in terms of output. I wasn't completely sure if something has changed over the past month or so that made 1 a far better choice over another even if it was of a lesser ilvl. An I wasn't sure that running 2 Solar Wrath and adding another 885 Solar Wrath would be something I would consider over the 865 Sunfire.

Im having god awful luck in NH this tier, last night I actually went 1/7 on drops and bonus rolls so gearing up has been painful. So I really don't want to miss out on gear at this point..