Thread: eating elephant

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    would you eat elephant if given the opportunity? I'd certainly try it.
    No. They most likely taste pretty terrible and will have bad meat on them. Not to mention the fact that many of them are endangered.

A quick Googling confirms that. Tough and gamey.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2017-03-07 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I have eaten dog actually. And I may have strange conversations with salads I make at 2 in the morning...

Is it bad that I'm more concerned about how I'd cook elephant than whether or not I'd eat elephant?
    Why would you eat dog?, just out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Why would you eat dog?, just out of curiosity.
    The other option was horse. I think they might have both been the same option, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    A quick Googling confirms that. Tough and gamey.
    Braising or smoking it is then.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had Mammoth to eat. Now, my kinds are kind of mad at it, since there's no more money to spend on colleges lul.

It was meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    No of course not. I'm not going to eat animals that have shown far higher intelligence than the usual livestock. This includes pigs, not because they are "haram" but because they are highly intelligent.

I would never willingly eat octopodes/squids, dogs, dolphins, whales, ravens/crows, chimps/apes, horses, or rats either.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    The other option was horse. I think they might have both been the same option, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Braising or smoking it is then.
    There's far better animals to hunt, that aren't gonna kill you in your hunt. Risk vs Reward.

I think the "sad" truth that the most tasty animals are already very common on our plate.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    No of course not. I'm not going to eat animals that have shown far higher intelligence than the usual livestock. This includes pigs, not because they are "haram" but because they are highly intelligent.

I would never willingly eat octopodes/squids, dogs, dolphins, whales, ravens/crows, chimps/apes, horses, or rats either.
    You think squid is on the same level as dolphins and chimps? Have you never had calamari?

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    There's far better animals to hunt, that aren't gonna kill you in your hunt. Risk vs Reward.
    I don't know, I once tripped on a chicken. I wasn't even trying to eat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    You think squid is on the same level as dolphins and chimps? Have you never had calamari?
    I have when I was younger until I read up on them. Squids have complex learning, social, and problem solving behaviours including using trial and error.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    No I wouldn't eat it, elephants are intelligent animals. I wouldn't eat a dolphin either.
    Do you eat bacon?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I have when I was younger until I read up on them. Squids have complex learning, social, and problem solving behaviours including using trial and error.
    Also very short life spans and among the most renewable and environmentally friendly sources of protein.

Good guys, squids. Or gals. I don't know how to check.

I want to eat guerrilas, kangaroos, koalas, gators, bears, and I don't know what a wallaby is but I want to eat that too. I'd never personally go out of my way to kill9nbof those animals, but if it presented with an opportunity where they die naturally or something, then munch.

50 pound elephant steak!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Sure. Not going out of my way or pay a lot of money to do so though. More or less the only species I would have qualms about eating is human, even though human flesh is the same as any other flesh in regards to nutrients/composition.

My perception is based on the circle of life, and that even the animals on top of the food chain end up serving as food for fungi, worms, bacteria etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Do you eat bacon?
    Yeah but pork has been bred for meat, no one hardly eats wild hogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Sure. Not going out of my way or pay a lot of money to do so though. More or less the only species I would have qualms about eating is human, even though human flesh is the same as any other flesh in regards to nutrients/composition.

My perception is based on the circle of life, and that even the animals on top of the food chain end up serving as food for fungi, worms, bacteria etc.
    You can get prion based diseases from cannibalism or eating beef from a cow that has mad cow disease. The most well documented one in a cannibal tribe is called Kuru and the one you get from eating beef is called Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease if I remember correctly.

You can get prion based diseases from cannibalism or eating beef from a cow that has mad cow disease. The most well documented one in a cannibal tribe is called Kuru and the one you get from eating beef is called Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease if I remember correctly.
    Ah yea the cannibal disease read on that one too, the tribe acually eat the organs of their dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Yeah but pork has been bred for meat, no one hardly eats wild hogs.
    The world of "artisan" pork might astound you.

- - - Updated - - -

I happened to be in France when the mad cow scare happened. Duck became the primary meat for a while over there.

Duck is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I happened to be in France when the mad cow scare happened. Duck became the primary meat for a while over there.

Duck is awesome.
    Yeah I love duck as well, haven't had it in a long while though. Usually I cook a lot of chicken at home with different veggies thrown in, and sometimes beef or mutton as a change of pace.