Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdmooney95 View Post
    Aswell as trading my haunter do the people on the forum have any like friendly battling competitions?
    If you're looking for a battle, I could give you one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Snipamon
    I think it's a good step into transforming the series into a more traditional JRPG. Bigger story, more characters, more character development. Sun and Moon did ok, but it still has very generic and stereotypical "pokemon" characters, and not enough diverse personalities and development of characters. If they're gonna handhold the player through the world and lead them on a linear path, they better make it worth it. There's a "Team" that you fight along the way, and a bigger, eviler, baddie who is threatening the entire world. Generic Pokemon story. Which is fine, but there's no return by offering things to do. Like...things. To do. I never felt a need to go back to previous islands, or to wander around, because the game carries you through every inch of the world and doesn't hide any secrets to look for. Or any fun side quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the bank up and running for Sun & Moon, i managed to get my hands on all the starter pokemons across all generations finally.

"when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

So, hows end-game etc ?

Are the game still any good besides the story?

Or is it like X/Y ORAS where you just can barely lvl pokemons, and nothing to do after like 50 hours played?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So, hows end-game etc ?

Are the game still any good besides the story?

Or is it like X/Y ORAS where you just can barely lvl pokemons, and nothing to do after like 50 hours played?
    To be honest it feels much like XY, so basically:
    - a short quest with Looker's agency where you get to catch all the UBs
    - E4 regrind with a random champion challanger in the end

At least ORAS had rebattles of most trainers... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    To be honest it feels much like XY, so basically:
    - a short quest with Looker's agency where you get to catch all the UBs
    - E4 regrind with a random champion challanger in the end

At least ORAS had rebattles of most trainers... :/
    Sigh.....

As I posted before on these forums, the story 25-50 hour is fine, but lol I want more than that. There is a reason why I recently bought BW2 (Also have white, black and white2 lol) just to re-play it....its all down to PWT, having that great end-game, where you need proper trained team....Played BW2 like 350-450 hours active.

So is there no end-game?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Dont know if this is Necro posting but found it silly to start a new thread over this news

So in the new pokemon Direct a new version of Sun and Moon was announced 2 in fact named Ultra Sun and Ultra moon
    Skip to the 3 minute mark if you dont care about the rest.

So whats your thoughts is this a nintendo move or are you stoked for more Sun and Moon?
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2017-06-06 at 08:38 PM.

It's Nintendo being Nintendo.
    The fucking games only just came out.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I can't believe how insanely lazy the Pokemon Dev teams are (Gamefreak). If any other IP or game did what Game Freak does with pokemon the player base with flip out, and they charge the max they can for adding little to no additional content.

And people continue to support this.

I wish we had an actual good development team working on the Pokemon Franchise, it could be so much more than it is.

So uninterested in this garbage.

People wanted a return to Kanto to see Lillie's story or Pokemon Stars, which would be an actual sequel to the events of Sun and Moon, where we see the impact of what we did.

Instead we get an abortion of a side story with Necrozma fused with Lunala or Solgaleo? Both of which look incredibly stupid.

Nintendo so repeatedly just burns potential cash on stupid shit or not doing the obvious thing that it blows my mind they haven't gone under.

15+ Year Old Account
    They better be a significant upgrade because sun and moon were the worst mainline games by a country mile.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope current S&M at least get a bone thrown at them.

We have the technology to update games nowadays.

pokemon S&M rated 18+
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    This feeling is pretty much shared online, people are kinda baffled on why game freak did this and not just made either a third version for both the switch and 3ds or a direct sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I hope current S&M at least get a bone thrown at them.

We have the technology to update games nowadays.
    I really hope so it would feel kinda stupid to have to pay twice for the same game with just a few upgrades.

People wanted a return to Kanto to see Lillie's story or Pokemon Stars, which would be an actual sequel to the events of Sun and Moon, where we see the impact of what we did.

Instead we get an abortion of a side story with Necrozma fused with Lunala or Solgaleo? Both of which look incredibly stupid.

Nintendo so repeatedly just burns potential cash on stupid shit or not doing the obvious thing that it blows my mind they haven't gone under.
    Seems like someone missed the awesomeness that was Black & White 2.

I agree though; they have to actually prove that this isn't just an enhanced edition of the first game, but actually a full blown sequel with it's own content substantial enough to justify the $40 like BW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    This feeling is pretty much shared online, people are kinda baffled on why game freak did this and not just made either a third version for both the switch and 3ds or a direct sequel

I really hope so it would feel kinda stupid to have to pay twice for the same game with just a few upgrades.
    Because it's one of their major cash cows and they will still have guaranteed sales from rehashing a Pokémon game that's fairly new. Not to mention the money from the Pokémon tcg and cards of the sun and moon mascots in their ultra forms and I'm guessing a movie is also in the works.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Seems like someone missed the awesomeness that was Black & White 2.

I agree though; they have to actually prove that this isn't just an enhanced edition of the first game, but actually a full blown sequel with it's own content substantial enough to justify the $40 like BW2.
    What? I loved BW2. I wished this was like that. It was an actual sequel, not this side story nonsense. It doesn't seem like one. It sounds like a side story happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They better be a significant upgrade because sun and moon were the worst mainline games by a country mile.
    Is that different than a standard American City mile?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They're still good games, and the story was vastly improved over X&Y.

What? I loved BW2. I wished this was like that. It was an actual sequel, not this side story nonsense. It doesn't seem like one. It sounds like a side story happening.
    That's what we said when we heard about BW2. "Oh, it's just going to be the same rehashed region with some tweaks and a small story that ties up loose ends, their milking the franchise!" That said, I'm going to reserve my judgement until I see more information. They have to keep a hype train going for the next five months after all, they're not going to release all the info at once.