Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Argh, is there anything like SkyUI for the SE? That and requiem/skyrim redone would be sweet aswell >.<
    Well, SkyUI 2.2 will work, some features won't work, but it'll do until SKSE64 enters public testing sometime in March.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sweet. Still, what does the SKSE does exactly anyway? I understand that multiple mods depend on it, but no clue what it actually does xD
    It does exactly what it says on the tin: Script Extending. It allows modders to do a lot more with papyrus (the script engine that Skyrim uses) than what the base game allows. Being able to use custom scripts rather than being stuck with what Skyrim shipped with.

A prime example, since you brought up SkyUI, is the search function SkyUI has. Can't do that in the base game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    It's not a trick though. It's part of the game so why not use it?

And that's one of my biggest gripes with the game. The character building/progression system is bad. I see a lot of people talking about what "kind" of character they want to build but at the end of the game your character ends up overlapping into other builds anyway.

Most of your characters strength comes from Enchanting/Alchemy especially if you're someone playing a melee heavy build. If you ignore both crafting skills then you're just gimping your character for the sake of doing it instead of having a real RP reason to.
    But it IS a trick. Regardless if it's in the game or not, it's still a trick. Whether or not it's a CHEAT is up to you. But it's very obviously not how they balanced the game.

I never level alchemy. Ever. I level blacksmithing and enchanting as far as crafting goes. And I level archery, stealth, lockpicking, and light armor besides those. My friend likes to play plate + destruction and alteration with speechcraft. I have no idea what you're prattling on about when you say builds overlap. Considering there are only a certain amount of trees to go up, how the fuck could they not? What the hell kind of games are you playing with the diversity that Skyrim has that DOESN'T overlap? You seriously just sound like you are whining to listen to yourself whine.

Also, it's entirely possible to go through the entire game without ANY crafting ability at all. The base game itself throws enough enchanted gear at you as it is, and unlike most other RPG type games, enchantments are not a requirement. You could go the whole game without equipping one single piece of enchanting gear. As long as you are leveling the relevant skills to your playstyle, by 'the end' of the game, you will be powerful enough without enchanted gear. You don't need dragonbone or deadric armor to make it through the game. Or the relevant weapons. You could level one-handers and light armor and kill Alduin with a fucking iron dagger in leather armor, as long as your skill is high enough. Crafting just adds icing on the cake. Enchantments doubly so. You don't need to be an invincible one man army destroyer to enjoy this game.

- - - Updated - - -

I see, thanks, but isn't it odd? I mean, bethesda is aware that modding is what keeps the game going, why doesn't that come with the base game already? I mean, I can understand with vanilla, but the special edition could have it, no?
    Bethesda is aware of the myriad bugs and game-breaking glitches the game ships with, it's aware that the aging engine they are using is absolute garbage, but they haven't fixed any of that yet, either. Like scripting, they leave it up to modders to fix their bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Like with most games , the hardest difficulty is a gimmick really. Or rather a backwards difficulty curve

Stupidly unfair and hard for the first couple of hours, then slowly easier and easier, until you're in your 30s or 40s and you can't tell the difference between legendary and any other difficulty.

This assumes you know what you're doing of course. If you don't, you can just ruin your character and make the game much harder for yourself. But if you don't know what you're doing you probably won't make it past the first few hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to hate this game. I love it overall, but there is one aspect that makes it a nuisance: the dragons. They spawn everywhere, all the time. They are not hard to fight (I'm level 27), even on Legendary, but they take a stupidly long time to kill, and when you encounter them every 20-30 minutes, it starts getting really frustrating. At this point, half the time I'm doing nothing but fighting dragons. Right now, I closed the game in frustration, as I got some especially durable dragon, and after 30 minutes of repeatedly running back and forth, I only downed it to 50% HP.

From googling, it seems the dragon attacks by default happen every 3 days. Well, that's crazy... I fast-travel a lot and wait for the merchants to restock often. Why, why did they put in such annoying mechanic?
    Last edited by May90; 2017-02-07 at 03:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Yeah, there's nothing difficult about "damage sponge" gameplay, making things have higher HP and do more damage is not more difficult, it just takes longer.

Although, and this is a bit offtopic, it's really annoying when you got like 30% HP left, you put up your shield, but that does not matter because thanks to the difficulty modifier making mobs do more damage, the enemy gets a kill cam on you. Really retarded right there. I like killcams when I am giving them, but not receiving them because no matter how much health you have, if the enemy's attack could kill you (ignoring damage reductions from armor and blocking), you get the advantage of witnessing your own death through a killcam. Why is this a thing, I do not know. I wonder if there is a mod that just disables receiving end killcams instead of disabling all killcams.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dragons and combat become quite enjoyable with some mods that make it more "realistic"... As in nothing is really a damage-sponge but harder mobs will fuck you up in 2-3 hits so you have to dodge/block everything or you're fucked.

Dragons are especially challenging since you kind of have to bash or somehow else interrupt their flame-breath and their attack-animations or they'll wreck your in like 1 breath or 2-3 attacks... But you can also kill them relatively fast with melee-attacks once they're grounded.

I think I was using Wildcat and some other mods to enhance the combat.

Though I'll warn you, at a few points in the game when you meet some really strong mobs for your current level you'll pretty much die in 1 hit while they take multiple hits to kill, which makes some of the fights pretty annoying (unless you're a Stealth Archer, lol).

Sad they never nerfed crafting - reason why I stopped playing the game even though I was enjoying it. Even if it's single player, I usually like to at least try to be effective with my builds, and it's literally pointless to play anything that doesn't include alch/enchant/smith etc etc. Purposely gimping yourself when you know there's something so much more effective is a lame way to play a game - imo, at least.

Well technically, Smithing is pretty balanced as is. It's when you mix Enchanting or Alchemy with Smithing that makes it go bat shit insane.

The way it used to be, getting 100 in every skill would net you about 80 skill points, which really isn't enough to expand on Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing and have room for your other skills. You're supposed to go one crafting route per class type. Smithing for Warriors, Alchemy for Thieves and Assassins, and Enchanting for Mage types. Though, of course since this is a sandbox game, and you can be anything, it doesn't stop you from exploring all routes of crafting regardless.

And when they implemented the legendary skill reset system, you are not limited to 80 skill points any more.

On one hand, skill reset is great as it means you will not longer need to level up all skills, including those not in your character class type to reach 80 skill points. On the other hand it breaks Role Play and also has a side effect of letting the character become too powerful since they can now expand on all crafting skills.

But even with the cons of it, I still rather have skill reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hit level 90 (by utilizing Legendary Skills heavily), and something weird is going on: my Magicka regeneration has increased by a factor of 5 or so suddenly. I do not see any special magical effects on me in the list, and I didn't change any gear, and yet the difference is obvious: I can now cast any spells all the time without my Magicka ever depleting. Reloading the game doesn't change anything.

I cannot find anything on this by googling... Is this an intended mechanic or a bug?

Also, apparently, they haven't balanced the Legendary system properly. There are a few ways to level very quickly by using the skills that level fast and then resetting them. The fastest I've found is casting Muffle repeatedly: Illusion levels incredibly fast, and you can go through the whole cycle from 15 to 100 in several hours by casting it every time you are just walking and not doing anything else. I think it would make sense to just allow the player to level skills beyond 100, with some minimal skill bonuses, but no extra talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sneak is another one you can "game" the system with. Just go somewhere populated, enter sneak mode, and turn on autorun while facing a corner. Walk away and go do something else and you'll easily be a master when you get back.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Sneak is another one you can "game" the system with. Just go somewhere populated, enter sneak mode, and turn on autorun while facing a corner. Walk away and go do something else and you'll easily be a master when you get back.
    Why not just cheat and raise the Skill via Console... same effect. I never understand people who exploit Games like that. If you want to cheat, just cheat but why bother like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirilla View Post
    Why not just cheat and raise the Skill via Console... same effect. I never understand people who exploit Games like that. If you want to cheat, just cheat but why bother like that?
    Probably the same reason some people don't mention to the cashier if they give them back too much change, but would not consider actually robbing the store. Exploiting systems in the game can be seen differently than "cheating" by using the console command. The end result may be the same, but the feeling from the user towards each method could be dramatically different.

Deleted
    Why even bother auto-"Afk"-walking to increase sneak? thats a waste of time. just player.setav sneak 100 ...done!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why even bother auto-"Afk"-walking to increase sneak? thats a waste of time. just player.setav sneak 100 ...done!
    If the player feels that the auto-sneak-walking is satisfying (gaming the system like I mentioned before), then it might not be a waste of time. Yes, if the ultimate goal is to get Sneak to 100 then sure, but games like Skyrim aren't typically about the destination.

why you would bother doing that is because console commands can and do sometimes lead to glitchy behavior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    why you would bother doing that is because console commands can and do sometimes lead to glitchy behavior.
    Definitely not if you fucking change a ActorValue LOL

Definitely not if you fucking change a ActorValue LOL
    i've had the leveling caused by it cause some scaling issues and shit.

I sometimes use the muffle speed leveling method, especially if I am going for a "get all possible perks" character.

I only really use cheat console commands if I am recreating a character I had to delete thanks to issues with mods in which the mod had to be uninstalled. Otherwise I play legitimately (as possible even with exploits like leveling through recasting muffle).

Also, there's a real easy way to level alteration. Just get the telekinesis spell and keep in cast in front of a huge group of people. May need a lot of Alteration cost reduction gear. Just don't aim whatever you grab at someone, or the guards get pissy.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Probably the same reason some people don't mention to the cashier if they give them back too much change, but would not consider actually robbing the store.
    You mean sleazy dishonest people?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988