Very happy to hear that the Switch is selling well. I haven't been able to get off the thing, I wake up and play my switch, I go to school and play my switch after I finish my work. I go to work, well I don't play there because I have to move a lot. Get home, take the dog for a walk...with muh switch. Must have 40 hours in Zelda by now, planning on buying Fast RMX next week.

Unfortunately though I don't have that many people to share the joy(con) of the switch with, like two friends who were/are pumped for it, got this one guy who thinks any new tablet can run Zelda...
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    What do you mean?
    Shitty link is shit
    Found this one in the feed i guess that's the one.
    "This is how the switch looks after zlda is completed"
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-03-07 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Because remote play is utter garbage that's dependant on a proper internet when we're talking portability in a console.

I don't just take it around the house, i also take it with me when travelling (currently staying out of town for a month).

That's the whole appeal to a lot of people
    You're not dependant on internet access to play your games on the go.
    And when you're home you can just plop it in the dock and play on a large screen.

If you can't see the point then you're not the demographic and wouldnt get much use out of it, exclusives set aside.
    Dude all I'm asking for is to be able to use the WiiU gamepad to play remotely at home. I'm sure it's possible because the WiiU did exactly that and I don't want to have to go undock it from the TV every time I want to play around the house.

Of course you would take it with you if you wanted to play away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    (Earliest release dates)

GameBoy: 1989
    GameBoy Pocket: 1996

GBC: 1998

GBA: 2001
    GBA SP: 2003
    GBA Micro: 2005

DS: 2004
    DS Lite: 2006
    DSi: 2008
    DSi XL: 2009

3DS: 2011
    3DS XL: 2012
    2DS: 2013
    New 3DS (XL): 2014

Nintendo has always done hardware revisions of their handheld consoles. Only exception to this is the Game Boy Color (which in itself was more of a in-between model for the original GB and GBA).
    But I thought all the different handheld models were just smaller/larger/SE versions. I dont think any had massive technical updates allowing better graphics/FPS and what have you. Heck 2DS is technically a downgrade.

I doubt we are gonna see SwitchXL SwitchMicro and all the slight variations we got with the gameboy line of hardware.
    Last edited by minkage; 2017-03-07 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    But I thought all the different handheld models were just smaller/larger/SE versions. I dont think any had massive technical updates allowing better graphics/FPS and what have you. Heck 2DS is technically a downgrade.

I doubt we are gonna see SwitchXL SwitchMicro and all the slight variations we got with the gameboy line of hardware.
    DSi had new features that DS and DS Lite never had, and New 3DS is more powerful than the regular 3DS, though only few games took total advantage of that because that ment a regular 3DS couldn't play those games.

All of the revised hardware usually also aimed for better battery lives, something that Switch most certainly needs right now.

If you just want to play Breath of the Wild and have a Wii U already, is there any real point in buying a Switch vs just buying the Wii U version of the game? Almost all of the comparisons between the Wii U and Switch version show fairly minimal differences between the two. Is there any point adopting the Switch until it has more of a library available?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    If you just want to play Breath of the Wild and have a Wii U already, is there any real point in buying a Switch vs just buying the Wii U version of the game? Almost all of the comparisons between the Wii U and Switch version show fairly minimal differences between the two. Is there any point adopting the Switch until it has more of a library available?
    Honestly no. Just get it for Wii U. Switch Version suffers from performance issues while docked among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Right now I'd say get BotW for Wii U if you already have that console. Gettign Switch later means you'll get it for cheaper and it'll have more games.

Right now I'd say get BotW for Wii U if you already have that console. Gettign Switch later means you'll get it for cheaper and it'll have more games.
    'Cheaper'

Feels like I bought the Wii U near the ends of its life, and it was still full price or close to it. Just a quick check, I saw this;

http://kotaku.com/four-years-later-t...ice-1790095385

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    'Cheaper'

Feels like I bought the Wii U near the ends of its life, and it was still full price or close to it. Just a quick check, I saw this;

the wii u often had bundles and deals for the same price of the system itself and you can buy a refurbished one for $200 directly from nintendo which you can still do now I think
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    'Cheaper'

The Wii U's one of those rare consoles that never had a real price drop. When I got mine, it was a Xenoblade X bundle that was actually more expensive than an Xbox One + 2 games deal at the time, which is kind of ridiculous.

Perhaps it's because it never sold enough to make up for its development costs, or perhaps Nintendo just said fuck it, we give up. I reckon the Switch will get a price drop since it'll sell enough purely by virtue of being a handheld console, but that'll be late 2018 or even 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    I ran into two different stores yesterday in search for the amiibos. Both stores had ~10 switch consoles lying around.
    Can confirm, in Austin TX right now you can find a switch pretty much everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I'll be 39 or 40 by the time Zelda:BotW gets a $20-$30 budget release.

If that even happens, mind you.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nin...GSS-05-10aaa0b

Bad news for the haters.
    A sprout of recovery after the Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly no. Just get it for Wii U. Switch Version suffers from performance issues while docked among other things.
    the wiiu suffers the same performance issues. its a non factor in choosing which version to get.

get it for the wiiu if you dont mind it not being portable.

however, being able to play zelda at work is pretty fucking fun for me.

i put a joy con in each pocket and put my switch in my front pocket, play it on all my breaks and lunches and while waiting for my ride. which is about 2 or 3 so hours of playing (with brightness all the way down the screen still looks great and i usually have about 20% battery life left)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post

Bad news for the haters.
    Lol, if I did hate it that wouldn't be bad news, seeing as we already knew it was sold out everywhere that would just be news we already..knew. It still failed to outsell the Wii in Japan by a long way, which is sad.

Bad news for haters would be if it continues its momentum for a year or two. Hype was huge for this. I still think this will sell well over time but this is no Wii/ps4
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-03-07 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post

Bad news for the haters.
    like i said earlier, im not going to be convinced its a success until its doing well AFTER launch.

the wiiu did well at launch as well, i love my switch, but launch was always gonna do well irregardless
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

DSi had new features that DS and DS Lite never had, and New 3DS is more powerful than the regular 3DS, though only few games took total advantage of that because that ment a regular 3DS couldn't play those games.

All of the revised hardware usually also aimed for better battery lives, something that Switch most certainly needs right now.
    The only features the DSi had weren't really worth upgrading over at all.

This is someone who got a DSi mind you.

The New 3DS is the only one on there that's a real "power" upgrade, and even then, it took 4 years, not 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    like i said earlier, im not going to be convinced its a success until its doing well AFTER launch.

the wiiu did well at launch as well, i love my switch, but launch was always gonna do well irregardless
    Exactly, the Wii u did not bomb at launch, it bombed later. Not that the switch will.