Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The state of the Underbelly, months into Legion

Guards on 24/7, reactivated as soon as possible when you turn them off.

If you manage to kill someone before they leg it to the safe zones, they whisper you and tell you to fuck off.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post

If you manage to kill someone before they leg it to the safe zones, they whisper you and tell you to fuck off.

Nice.
    and what did you expect when majority of wow population hates any form of pvp besides ganking 50 levels lower toons ?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and what did you expect when majority of wow population hates any form of pvp besides ganking 50 levels lower toons ?
    dont go to underbelly then its supposed to be an all on all pvp zone nmot a faster click for guards wins.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Serious PvPers don't engage in the 1 shot fest that is World PvP, my experiences with the underbelly have been confined to

"Oh I got 1 shot, what was that?"
    "Oh look, 4 guardian druids and 6 blood DKs what fun"
    "Heh, I wonder why that guy with 3.5m hp is only picking on guys with 1.4m hp "

The opposite is true for my realm. In my experience, there's a good mix between PvP and PvE in the Underbelly. I'm not a PvP guy myself, but the variation that the sudden absence of guards provides is welcomed! When I was farming for my hidden artifact appearance, the occasional player on player fight or even death helped anchor me to sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    dont go to underbelly then its supposed to be an all on all pvp zone nmot a faster click for guards wins.
    Then they shouldn't have put actual content (read: recipes) in it.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    The opposite is true for my realm. .
    Isn't the underbelly one big CRZ zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Then they shouldn't have put actual content (read: recipes) in it.
    5 gold and you get a personal bodyguard that makes you immune to PvP. Now you can get your recipes without anyone killing you. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    5 gold and you get a personal bodyguard that makes you immune to PvP. Now you can get your recipes without anyone killing you. Problem solved.
    You really should read the chain of posts before posting, just saying. Makes you look a tad foolish.

OT: My server/CRZ doesn't have this issue; might be a CRZ to CRZ thing?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted

Nice.
    You need to be petitioning Blizzard to remove the PVE content from down there.

PVP wise all I see are those trying to gank the PVE'ers so if the PVE content DID move out of there they wouldn't have anything to do anyway. It's not like they'll go there for fair duels now is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't seem to have this problem on my server, we just have groups of 3-5 in a group that go around and shit on any poor soul that gets caught in the headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Serious PvPers
    lol
    --------------------------------
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

If you want to blame anyone for them turning gaurds on again asap blame it on all the hidden skins that drop down there. When I went to get them on my shaman and rogue I had no desire to pvp I just wanted to get my hidden skin and get out. No one wants to have to defend against other people while grinding the npcs down there for hidden skins.

A part of it might be people trying to farm the rares for the stupid hidden skins since they do not spawn when it's PVP and you can't loot the chests they spawn in when it IS pvp with a bodyguard. Sucks for all around.

Edit: Just looked at the post above me. Whoops.

For 5 minutes, and the buff is on the BG, not on you, so you don't see it, plus it seems to randomly disappear even before the 5 minutes are up. Not sure if they fixed that yet, haven't been down there since the D3 event.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account

Nice.
    Toughen up? People are able to apply security when the rot of the Underbelly becomes too active, thus making it safer for them. And if you cannot catch your target in time because they weren't there for PvP, then be more awake?

- - - Updated - - -

So, you say everyone in the sewer are like so? I mean, that is why people secure themselves, because they might not be able to do a single quest without being jumped by a group of hungering rats whom are trying to get an easy kill?

I love PvP, and I do like the Underbelly but I also do like that ýou can make it safer for yourself if you might just be there for a little shopping.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it is just meant to be a lawless zone, not a feasting table because one person has a quest there.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Nice.
    Nice that PvEers are forced into PvP? They selected a PvE realm to avoid PvP and being forced into unwanted PvP is something they can be annoyed about.

Besides, is this only happening on PvE? If so, why are you on a PvE realm rather than a PvP? If this is due CRZ matching PvP with PvE servers, then Blizzard really did mess up with their CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be honest, there is quite some PvE content down there as well, but people are just stupid if they don't get the guard for this exact reason.

Recipies, Artifact weapon skin(s), quests, those fishing items, pets...
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-03-07 at 02:12 PM.

and how is that related to OP complaining about exackly those guards ? jezus do you people dont even read what he is complaining about ?

and how is that related to OP complaining about exackly those guards ? jezus do you people dont even read what he is complaining about ?
    Not sure if you noticed, but I wasn't replying to the OP. Am I not allowed to reply to other posters in the thread? As for the thread topic itself, well, the Underbelly is not a 'pure PvP' zone. It has both PvP and PvE mixed in, with the PvP being switched on-and-off by speaking to the guards. In my experience, in my server (PvE), few people go the Underbelly with the actual intention to PvP.

I mean, when I was in the Underbelly and the PvP switch is turned off, more than half of the UB's player population simply disappears, and some go hire a guard. And even if you didn't have a hired bodyguard, most of the time you still could traverse the Underbelly without being attacked.