Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.1.5 Herald of the Titans Classes

A few guildies are interested in going for this achievement and we're trying to figure out what some of the better specs are for it (as of 7.1.5). Are there any specs that should be outright avoided? Which are recommended for tanking, healing, and dps?

I did it back in MoP and it was almost a complete faceroll (we had bis gear from Ulduar, of course). That being said, I don't believe any particular class should be avoided, assuming you're trying to do it with a full 10m group (we did with 8-9 and it still was pretty easy). Unless you're doing with 7 or less, any setup works, really. Remember that you can use consumables from Cataclysm though, that also helps a lot.

Deleted
    I've done it about 4 months ago with my guild. We had an overload of DKs because they were easyer to level. The sucker went down easy. Just make sure you gear up quite well AND know tactics. It should be easy from there on out.

I did this at the end of cata or start of mop, one of the two. Anyways. Even as a blood DK in BIS gear he still hit like a truck it was pretty crazy. All in all though we beat it in 3 pulls. I don't think comps really matter anymore for that.

I did this back in the end of cata, iirc, and at least at that point, neither gear, skill or class was an issue. I went in with about 50/50 dungeon gear / raid gear, did top dps in the run and we 1shot it without any issues whatsoever.

Thanks for the advice guys. Debating between Rogue, Pally, and DK. Not sure if healers are hard to come by for this so I may go Pally just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did it 7man with like 200ilvl gear and it was a joke. You don't need much of an effort to do this. Just go with anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Li...=DjuntasGaming I recently did in WOD 6.2. Did a quick explaining video, 2 cents on how hard it was

We had to wipe a bit, it was not easy as people say. Do bring a full 10 man raid that knows mechanics, unless you got some rather good players.

Ofc legion maybe made it easiere again.

Also...openraid RIP I imagine its hard to get groups for this now?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

They made it more difficult in wod (fight will last a little longer and you have to not fail the mechanics) by scaling enchants. It's fairly easy still and you can now use neck enchants that are extremely powerful.

Class doesn't matter - a tank who knows how to use defensives will be nice but you only need 1 healer regardless of spec (except maybe new disc? not sure how raid capable they'd be low level)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    If You are able to collect gear for this achiev, You definitely can do it on any class, spec and role.
    ...since 2007...

Deleted
    EU/US? Ally/Horde?

Still got a herald char can help out if needed.

I healed it on a pally in Cata?/MoP? that had half ret gear.

That said, I have a more proper resto shaman (Alliance, US) if you are doing it during the day, US time and need a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is now a little bit harder as you can't really twink out your 80 anymore.

Still, decently doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    I healed it on a pally in Cata?/MoP? that had half ret gear.

That said, I have a more proper resto shaman (Alliance, US) if you are doing it during the day, US time and need a healer.
    I helped some friends doing it now couple of times...have a blood DK or Heal_drood ready to melt some faces. back in the days we captured the fight,,,and U can clearly see that even with fails you can bring him down rather easy.

youtube.com/watch?v=1wOklmw3qVg

the only hard part is to get motivated players...the rest is faceroll.
    If anyone needs help with this,,,I still have 2 Chars on EU (Blood:dk, Heal:drood) ready for some herald action

it's super easy, you don't need to overthink it unless you are trying to 3-5 man it. You can have 10 level 80 players and do it, as long as their gear is lower than 226. If anyone has a piece of gear higher than 226 have them take it off and use no piece of gear in that slot. The hardest part by far is just getting people with level 80 characters that can organize a time to do it.

/end Herald of the Titans guide

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK, It's still pretty doable with a group that knows what they are doing.

A lot of people are saying it's really easy -which it was up until 6.0. The stat squish made it far less of a faceroll -I've seen a few pre-WoD videos of people 3/4 manning it. You were however able to use the WoD enchants, Cata flasks/food/gems which took some of the sting out of the changes. Bear in mind a lot of guides that I have seen showed the tier sets as being BiS -Blizzard disabled the tier set bonuses due to some misuse on current content (looking at you arcane mages!) which has increased the difficulty somewhat. I tanked it several times as a Pally and while he hit like a truck, it was survivable if you knew what you were doing.

Even in 6.0 I'd say its standard for most groups to hard-carry 2-3 people
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Wait, that achieve is still obtainable? I thought it'd been moved to a Feat of Strength years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Wait, that achieve is still obtainable? I thought it'd been moved to a Feat of Strength years ago!
    Nope. The requirements are a full group of level 80 characters with gear no better than Ulduar in the respective mode. So it isn't like you can walk in with a level 110 with Ulduar gear. Gotta be a full group of 80s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    and it is indeed a FOS...but unless the Undying or Champion of Ulduar, still achievable