Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Watchman View Post
    Police in the UK seem to do a good job for the most part, in America you're all so on edge because you glorify your right to literally own weapons that exist to kill each other (that you paint under the "defend yourself" banner).

No doubt there are some examples of racism, but isn't a big part of gang culture African Americans (not exclusively but majorly) glorifying how they shoot and kill people, I know if I was putting myself in that situation I'd be on edge?

Don't mistake this as racism, this is all things that gang culture (and by extension rap music etc.) says about itself.
    Gang culture in the US is not relegated to just African Americans, that's a stereo type. It ranges from all ethnic groups, there's White Gangs, Asian Gangs, Spanish Gangs, all races in the US have Gangs, for some reason everyone outside of the US thinks it is just African Americans and it is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    They also have perverse relations with their dogs that are bad for the public. The same goes for horses.
    I don't even know how to respond to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Gang culture in the US is not relegated to just African Americans, that's a stereo type. It ranges from all ethnic groups, there's White Gangs, Asian Gangs, Spanish Gangs, all races in the US have Gangs, for some reason everyone outside of the US thinks it is just African Americans and it is not.
    Our only real exposure to gang culture in America is rap music, which is almost exclusively African American.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our only real exposure to gang culture in America is rap music, which is almost exclusively African American.
    I completely understand, but again its a stereo type. Here Rap is listened to by all races, even Whites.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    there are far better paying jobs and much safer ones than being a cop.
    Not readily available for the educational and professional qualifications equal to a cop. It's one of the best paying jobs for that bracket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I completely understand, but again its a stereo type. Here Rap is listened to by all races, even Whites.
    It's not even about the people listening to it, its about the culture it portrays and "white rappers" aren't taken seriously for the most part, and even the white rappers I know about don't talk about gangs and shooting people and stuff.

It might be a stereotype but you can't expect the police to act outside of stereotypes really given that with acess to guns you can literally kill people and this is the picture that these stereotypes are paiting of themselves. It's a bit of a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Okay, you don't have to watch the news on television when this happens, but it still enrages me how often it is that if several cops die to some notable conflict, they have to take the time of day to mourn those officers publicly . Like, really? They're not special, and the people brutally murdered or accidentally killed by corrupt cops fade into obscurity and are never mourned. Like that poor child shot and killed for opening a door with a game controller.

What pisses me off is how law enforcement seemingly tries to influence people that each and every one of their lives are highly important and any loss is a gravely tragic one. I say, fuck no, we're all the same and unless we weep for everyone lost, they need to fuck off with this shit that happens every so often.
    What posses me off is watching CNN celebrate the terrorist group thugs lived matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not even about the people listening to it, its about the culture it portrays and "white rappers" aren't taken seriously for the most part, and even the white rappers I know about don't talk about gangs and shooting people and stuff.

It might be a stereotype but you can't expect the police to act outside of stereotypes really given that with acess to guns you can literally kill people and this is the picture that these stereotypes are paiting of themselves. It's a bit of a vicious cycle.
    But your wrong, cops dont steroe type just AA.

Gang violence is not only African Americans in all of the US, depending on what part of the US you live in depends on the race and those police departments stereo type the type of race gangs they have in their community. In a community of Spanish Gangs the cops don't go after African Americans. There are a lot of States that don't even have AA gangs at all, at least none that are of concern.

Im not trying to argue with you, just help you understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes it does. It pisses me off as well, pretty much for the same exact reasons you listed.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

They don't do police ceremonial burials for the very few minor bad cops, the OP is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They were killed protecting and serving the public. That, to me, deserves a ceremony, where the public can pay their respects, should they choose to. If it bothers you, don't participate in it, and don't watch it on TV. It's really that simple.
    ^This. It really is that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post

Cops, soldiers, and firemen are pretty much the only occupations where you put yourself at risk to save people they'll never even meet in most cases. And, not surprisingly, they all celebrate the deaths of those who fall in the line of duty.
    !
    Nurses and doctors put themselves at risk when attending people with certain diseases / viruses. I could go on and pick out from professions, but there's no point. This is the exact mentality that makes cops think they are more important than other professions and deserve some sort of special treatment.

That amount of mental gymnastics retardation present in this thread is over 9000.

It's not a few bad cops.
    Statistics disagree with you, but don't let facts get in the way of your blind hatred. As others pointed out, you say you'd rather have marines instead of police, yet a great many of police officers are former servicemen and women.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootkitt View Post
    Nurses and doctors put themselves at risk when attending people with certain diseases / viruses. I could go on and pick out from professions, but there's no point. This is the exact mentality that makes cops think they are more important than other professions and deserve some sort of special treatment.
    Please, do tell what the statistics are of the mortality rate for doctors and nurses being killed on the job or as a result of their job.

A police officer has a risk of being shot while giving a speeding ticket, one of the most rudimentary tasks they do. I doubt many nurses or doctors are remotely at risk when checking someone for a sore throat or ear infection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of disrespect and cold heart people on these forums.

These people put their loves on the line day in day out to try and protect us, they make risks and sacrifices for us to help us live our lives in the best possible way.

Considering the shit they get thrown at them with the media and all the crocked cops out there, there are those that actually want to do better, those that believe in their job, as a former community officer myself and someone that wanted to join the police force myself I have a lot of respect for them.

If you ask me the media needs to focus on those that do their job in stead of the bad ones, otherwise everyone is dumb enough to think they are all bad, they keep reporting on these bad cops so all cops must be bad attitude... and that's very naive.

For our emergency services I have a large respect for them all. If you ask me that don't get enough respect!
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-03-07 at 01:54 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Nothing gets me quite as hard as seeing videos of riot police using rubber bullets/beanbags against rioting, police hating, anarchist fucks.

God, just thinking about it gave me a chubby.

Thought of this when I saw your post. Freaking love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    OP, are you autistic?

Alright, OP has not any ol' type of autism but turbo autism.
    I take offence at that. Autism is not teen edgelord anger. Autism is a different way of perceiving the world and often a difficulty at interpreting human nonverbal communication (along with emotions), but please do not equate it to misanthropy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    They don't do police ceremonial burials for the very few minor bad cops, the OP is moot.
    in fact one of them is sitting on death row.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Well said. Libtards see the relevance of policemen only when crime knocks on their own doors. Otherwise muh privilege!
    "Libtards" would not cry over their privileges. In fact, they'd advise you to check yours.

Okay, you don't have to watch the news on television when this happens, but it still enrages me how often it is that if several cops die to some notable conflict, they have to take the time of day to mourn those officers publicly . Like, really? They're not special, and the people brutally murdered or accidentally killed by corrupt cops fade into obscurity and are never mourned. Like that poor child shot and killed for opening a door with a game controller.

What pisses me off is how law enforcement seemingly tries to influence people that each and every one of their lives are highly important and any loss is a gravely tragic one. I say, fuck no, we're all the same and unless we weep for everyone lost, they need to fuck off with this shit that happens every so often.
    First of all, you cannot assume that a cop killed in the line of duty is corrupt. There are corrupt cops, sure. Most of them, however, are not corrupt.

Secondly, yes, someone who dies while performing such a service does deserve a certain honor. If a cop dies due to his/her dedication to upholding the law they abso-fucking-lutely deserve greater honor just as a soldier dying in battle would or a firefighter running into a burning building who doesn't make it out.

Unwarranted deaths due to a trigger happy cop are of course quite tragic. But let's face it, they're far more uncommon than a cop dying in the line of duty. And there isn't really anything heroic about them; just tragic and unfortunate.