Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spec for mythic+

Hello everyone, I was wondering which spec and talents you guys are using for both high and low lvl keystones, share with the rest why your spec in better than the rest for dungon content!

Deleted
    For a nonskittish week when the tanks are not afraid to mass pull 4-5 packs I go arcane with Resonance and Arcane Orb. Also put hc trinket from Botanist and Aran ruby with chest. Down side is you have to be in almost melle, but it deals massive AoE burst if you combo with RoP.
    For skittish - fire. There is build up time and you are in range so the mobs cant instagib you.

I have also seen frost to pull some nice aoe numbers, but I think the mage had legendary belt and shoulders.

Deleted
    Go for Arcane. This spec has a nice st dps and great on-demand aoe dmg. While doing high mythic+ runs (15+) i am pulling around 800k-1kk total dps without bis legendaries

I've always played fire and i still think it's the best spec for m+. Pulling 1,4-1,5m on total before jumping down to helya when it isnt bolstering week got db head and trinket

As fire i usually use 2121112

It really depends on dungeon and affixes, for bolster/fortified i use flame patch and meteor because of small pulls, for fortified rop (not with volcanic btw), for tyrannical i usually go with MI especially when there are some though bosses (melandrus), i pick lb and cinderstorm when there are big pulls
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I am kind of wondering myself, my mage's main specc is arcane with 45 traits, wrists and trinket as legs, 4pc set, 887 equipped. On AoE situations it rocks but on single target tyrannical with high movement and bad AM procs, my dps simply sucks alot, I barely hit 300-350k, I got no frost legs and for fire i can switch to the belt but i only got 35 traits. My second trinket options are 890 trinket with socket form krosus, 880 from guldan and 875 trinket from botanist.

Tried to do a +16 arcway this week with a couple of friends and I couldn't get more than 350k on ivanyr, having to dodge stuff all the time and tyrannical crippled my dps alot.

Any suggestions are very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by groparu View Post
    I am kind of wondering myself, my mage's main specc is arcane with 45 traits, wrists and trinket as legs, 4pc set, 887 equipped. On AoE situations it rocks but on single target tyrannical with high movement and bad AM procs, my dps simply sucks alot, I barely hit 300-350k, I got no frost legs and for fire i can switch to the belt but i only got 35 traits. My second trinket options are 890 trinket with socket form krosus, 880 from guldan and 875 trinket from botanist.

Tried to do a +16 arcway this week with a couple of friends and I couldn't get more than 350k on ivanyr, having to dodge stuff all the time and tyrannical crippled my dps alot.

Arcane suffers from mechanics because of bad mobility (this week you've been lucky to not have shit volcanic), that said 350k is really low for +16 (should absolutely be more than 500k)
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted

U don't have to dodge stuff all the time on Ivanyr Oo. Position yourself better and u will get much higher dps. I did multiple Arcway+14 and higher runs this week, and i had around 700k dps on most bosses. 903ilvl, no bis legendaries, 53 traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    U don't have to dodge stuff all the time on Ivanyr Oo. Position yourself better and u will get much higher dps. I did multiple Arcway+14 and higher runs this week, and i had around 700k dps on most bosses. 903ilvl, no bis legendaries, 53 traits.
    Thanks for your reply but as a comparison we are no really on the same level me being 886-887 with 45 traits you being 903 with 53 traits.

Comparing your gear and mine you got like 12k intelect more than me,thats huge
    Last edited by groparu; 2017-03-08 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted

It is a bit annoying to be arcane on tyranical week I agree. The only thing that can help you deal with that is to build 2 sets - one for AoE and one for ST.
    The AoE one should be with high mastery and, as I see from your post, Botanist trinket (two on use trinkets are bad so avoid Krosus one when you use legendary trinket).
    The single target should be heavy haste/crit and maybe versa with 4 set ofc gul'dan trinket and anomaly trinket.

Also big note for M+ runs - damage on trash mobs is a lot more important than boss damage (with very few exceptions ofc). As mage you can't be Jack of all Trades.
    I found for myself that Arcane mage should focus a lot more on AoE, because it has very huge potential, than on ST.
    I also would recommend to get one Havoc DH to compensate for your lack of ST damage

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    It is a bit annoying to be arcane on tyranical week I agree. The only thing that can help you deal with that is to build 2 sets - one for AoE and one for ST.
    The AoE one should be with high mastery and, as I see from your post, Botanist trinket (two on use trinkets are bad so avoid Krosus one when you use legendary trinket).
    The single target should be heavy haste/crit and maybe versa with 4 set ofc gul'dan trinket and anomaly trinket.

Also big note for M+ runs - damage on trash mobs is a lot more important than boss damage (with very few exceptions ofc). As mage you can't be Jack of all Trades.
    I found for myself that Arcane mage should focus a lot more on AoE, because it has very huge potential, than on ST.
    I also would recommend to get one Havoc DH to compensate for your lack of ST damage
    Thank you for your input man.
    The AoE damage is somewhere between 1mil - 4mil dps depending on pack size and mobs' health, the Krosus trinket does quite solid AoE damage in my opinion and has 1 minute cd, always felt that botanist trinket is more suited for Fire specc but I'll try it out instead of krosus one eventhough there is a pretty significant ilvl difference, 875 versus 890 with socket.

Regarding talents, I use overpower on last tier pretty much on anything I do PvE wise, I seen some mages using arcane orb, haven't tried it yet either but I felt the damage it would provide is not that great.

Deleted
    depending on the +10 buff.
    i would say if trash are buffed, then go for fire
    if boss HP +40%, then go for frost or arcane.

All spec are ok anyway.
    Your choice might depend on the legendary stuff you have.

Deleted

This is incredibly dependent on setup and level of the key. High trashdamage as prio if you're going for 16+ or higher keys in tyrannical is a dodgy move at best. For example last week in MoS I could go fire and destroy everyone on every single trash pull but be 200k dps behind everyone for all the bosses. The trash damage I gain is quite heavily cannibalized from the others in the group while the damage I lose on bosses can't be made up by anyone and lasts much longer. For fortified it's usually a good idea to be a bit more AOE centric but ST damage is pretty much king anyway.

As far as letting a havoc DH do the ST, hell just bring 2 since they dominate AOE and ST in a much better balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply but as a comparison we are no really on the same level me being 886-887 with 45 traits you being 903 with 53 traits.

Comparing your gear and mine you got like 12k intelect more than me,thats huge
    12k int is huge, but it's not 350k dps huge.

That is also true, I definetly need more practice in M+ to maximize my ST damage issue is , this being an alt, I don't have that much time to practice but I would like to thank everyone for all the helpful comments

Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    depending on the +10 buff.
    i would say if trash are buffed, then go for fire
    if boss HP +40%, then go for frost or arcane.

All spec are ok anyway.
    Your choice might depend on the legendary stuff you have.
    Never used frost for m+ because i don't want to do tests with other ppl's keystones and deplete them (i feel much more comfortable with fire), guess arctic gale and splitting ice are a must but what about cs/tv?
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Thanks for the great repsons guys, I myself prefer Frost, it`s great for 1 pack pulls with splitting ice, and for the bigger packs I use Zannèsu Journey to boost my aoe dps. I still belive arcane is better for m+ but I just love frost

Deleted

What what what. So many misleadings in one post.
    - Mastery is the WEAKEST stat for AoE. With P4 u don't want to have more than 25% mastery. Crit is much stronger in AoE.
    - Arcane does not lack ST dps. Arcane ST dps is only 6-10% worse than frost have. When i had gear similar to Groparu (45 traita, 887ilvl) i was easily pulling around 600k dps on any boss in m+.
    - ST 'build' is the same as 'AoE' build. U want around 30%crit, 18% haste, 25%mastery, and alot vers (it is second if not the strongest stat except from int).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    What what what. So many misleadings in one post.
    - Mastery is the WEAKEST stat for AoE. With P4 u don't want to have more than 25% mastery. Crit is much stronger in AoE.
    - Arcane does not lack ST dps. Arcane ST dps is only 6-10% worse than frost have. When i had gear similar to Groparu (45 traita, 887ilvl) i was easily pulling around 600k dps on any boss in m+.
    - ST 'build' is the same as 'AoE' build. U want around 30%crit, 18% haste, 25%mastery, and alot vers (it is second if not the strongest stat except from int).
    Oh I'm sorry. I forgot to mention that what I have wrote was about 12m+ and above.

But on that what you wrote:
    - I want to see how long will you last with low mastery without legendary legs, especially on Fort week. Crit is good, but it doesn't help with you oom-ing in 30 seconds.
    - I want to see how do you do 600k dps on tyranical boss with 887 ilvl.
    - Arcane ST is no that far behind Frost ST, but it's far behinde a lot other specs in M+
    - For AoE I would rather go with 15% crit 40%+ mastery and 15%+ versa than with 30% crit, 25% mastery, ~10% versa. At very least mastery>versa>crit>haste is how my mage sim for 5+ targets at 898 ilvl with 2 set(4 set is useless in 5+ AoE scenario)

I again keep my opinion - Arcane can excel at AoE with heavy mastery gear and will suck a bit at boss fight, but trash dmg is more important than boss one.

Deleted
    Oh I'm sorry. I forgot to mention that what I have wrote was about 12m+ and above.

But on that what you wrote:
    - I want to see how long will you last with low mastery without legendary legs, especially on Fort week. Crit is good, but it doesn't help with you oom-ing in 30 seconds.
    - I want to see how do you do 600k dps on tyranical boss with 887 ilvl.
    - Arcane ST is no that far behind Frost ST, but it's far behinde a lot other specs in M+
    - For AoE I would rather go with 15% crit 40%+ mastery and 15%+ versa than with 30% crit, 25% mastery, ~10% versa. At very least mastery>versa>crit>haste is how my mage sim for 5+ targets at 898 ilvl with 2 set(4 set is useless in 5+ AoE scenario)

I again keep my opinion - Arcane can excel at AoE with heavy mastery gear and will suck a bit at boss fight, but trash dmg is more important than boss one.
    I am not using mana regen legs and i have no mana issues with +15 runs and higher. U are using resonance as part of your rotation and using OP on CD so there is no way u can go oom during trash fight. Mastery does not affect your AoE dps in any way. It sound like u are only spamming AM so there won't be any difference between 25 and 40% mastery because u are burning your mana too fast to notice it.
    Arcane is not behind in ST dps compared to other classes. Last night i was doing DHT+16 with mh guild mates and my dps was on pair with DH and frost DK...
    However, u can stack mastery if u want but don't say later that Arc is bad on something lol.
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-03-10 at 01:24 PM.