Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kil'jaeden's ultimate deception [theory]

I have a crazy theory I came up with for fun.
    (It's probably not true and just me trying to put some kind of interesting twist on Legion storyline)

What if Sargeras really is permanently dead after portal closed on him in WotA (correction: after Medivh's death). And Kil'Jaeden is the one trying to mantain the illusion that Sargeras is still alive and commanding the Burning Legion. Kil'Jaeden pulled the ultimate deception, but not on us, on his own forces - Burning Legion. We know that majority of demons joined in the Burning Legion either out of fear because of Sargeras' ultimatum or for power which he promised. Now that he's dead, Kil'Jaeden knows there's nothing to make other demons stay and fight so he saw an opportunity. He told others Sargeras will eventualy be back after his titan form is reconstitued and that he still keeps in touch with his spirit and is issuing his commands, so he declared himself the supreme commander of Burning Legion in Sargeras' absence. When Varimatharas was contacted by Sargeras in the Battle for the Undercity, it was really Kil'Jaeden pretending to be Sargeras.

Addition to this theory is another - Burning Legion, in reality, isn't as numerous & endless as the old stories tell.
    It was the second part of Kil'Jaeden's brilliant deception which worked for him ever since Sargeras' demise. Since Sargeras' death, Legion didn't exapand it's numbers as fast as before, so Kil'jaeden came up with scheme to make Legion look like this endless unstoppable force, against which there's no point fighting, in effort to demoralize residents of the world even before war actually starts. As demons can reconstitue in the nether, Kil'Jaeden ordred them that as soon as they fall they come back and in the process help maintain illusion that Legion's numbers never dwell. Most of the times this tactic accomplished conquering world without actually figting as opposing side would lose all hope or joined them after minimal fighting.

Rumors about Burning Legion, the endless genocidic army have spread across universe just as Kil'Jaeden has planed. Kil'Jaeden started winning wars even before actually starting them all because fear the illusion spread throughout cosmos. Of course, Kil'jaeden bought in Saregas' ultimate goal of stopping the void lords via destroying all world souls so all this was for naught if Azeroth doesn't fall. Maybe Kil'Jaeden even thinks once he gets access to Azeroth's lifeblood he won't need to resort to lies anymore and will aquire enough power to literally mantle Sargeras' role.

At one point Army of Light learned about Kil'Jaeden's lies and that Legion can actually be fought against so they formed opposition. That explains how they managed to establish base of operations on Argus and are still fightining against Legion rather succesfully to this day. Legion is not as powerful Kil'Jaeden led whole universe to believe. When we come to Argus, we'll learn of this too and join up with the army of Light in the final push against illusion Kil'Jaeden created. It also explains how we're pushing against force, which is supposed to be tehnologicaly and nummericaly ahead of us by eons, on Broken isles.

Burning Legion is bearly holding on, and is in state of decline and shadow of it's former self since time Sargeras led them in WotA.
    In Kil'jaedens eyes only way to keep the illusion alive is fighting Army of Light and us simultaneosly because Burning Legion is nothing
    if the illusion of it's endlessness dissapeares. In the end his biggest lie will stretch the Burning Legion too thin, fighting wars on
    multiple fronts to maintain the illusion.

Finally, the Deciever will become victim of his own deceptions which will ultimately be his downfall. In the end the only who profit from all this are Void lords, who revel in us fighting and not realizing that we only hasten the end by ignoring the real threat which is the enemy of all creation - Void.

EDIT: I mucked it up a little, it should be Sargeras is dead after Medivh dying, apologies.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-03-07 at 04:37 PM.

Medivh Possession happens after WotA. How do you explain this?
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Medivh Possession happens after WotA. How do you explain this?
    Uff didn't think it through enough :/, thanks Would it save it if you consider Sargeras dead after Medivh's death?

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Uff didn't think it through enough :/, thanks Would it save it if you consider Sargeras dead after Medivh's death?
    Not really :P Medivh could have been possessed by a fragment of Sargeras.. but i think thats reaching a bit too far.

plus i'm sure most people would be disapointed to reach "End Game" and find only Kil'jaeden saying "AH! Fooled you" xD
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

I've been saying that Sargeras is dead for a while. I think Kil'jaeden, and Archimonde saw Sargeras obsession with Azeroth as a weakness, and killed him before it led them to ruin. We haven't actually seen anything of Sargera since his avatar. Just people referring to him. Kil'jaeden and Archimonde have been leading all these attacks on Azeroth and Draenor.

Also since Broxigar injured Sargeras, that's even more of a reason for Archimonde and Kil'jaeden to realize they could take over, if a mere mortal could injure the titan.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Not really :P Medivh could have been possessed by a fragment of Sargeras.. but i think thats reaching a bit too far.

plus i'm sure most people would be disapointed to reach "End Game" and find only Kil'jaeden saying "AH! Fooled you" xD
    I don't know I think it could be cool way to avoid raid bossing Sargeras, which however cool the fight would be just wouldn't give justice to him. And it would show how brilliant and cunning Kil'Jaeden really is telling lies on universe level scale.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Kil'jaden talks to Sarg in Chronicle 2
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Kil'jaden talks to Sarg in Chronicle 2
    Oh, didn't know that, cool. Even after Medivh's death? Because my theory thinks of Sargeras dead after Medivh's death

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, didn't know that, cool. Even after Medivh's death? Because my theory thinks of Sargeras dead after Medivh's death
    Yes, he tells Kil'jaden to wait for the most painful way to kill Gul'dan, where Kil'jaden was getting ready to kill him the moment he abandoned the horde.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a time when the lore had Sargeras MIA after Medivh's death and Kil'jaeden was the leader of the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There was a time when the lore had Sargeras MIA after Medivh's death and Kil'jaeden was the leader of the Burning Legion.
    IMO it should've stayed this way. Now they have to deal with Sargeras raid boss problem. But who knows, maybe they come up with something cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I've been saying that Sargeras is dead for a while. I think Kil'jaeden, and Archimonde saw Sargeras obsession with Azeroth as a weakness, and killed him before it led them to ruin. We haven't actually seen anything of Sargera since his avatar. Just people referring to him. Kil'jaeden and Archimonde have been leading all these attacks on Azeroth and Draenor.

Also since Broxigar injured Sargeras, that's even more of a reason for Archimonde and Kil'jaeden to realize they could take over, if a mere mortal could injure the titan.
    lol broxigar gave him a literal papercut, pre or post retcon of archimonde's/Kj's power stood no chance against Sarg no matter the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    lol broxigar gave him a literal papercut, pre or post retcon of archimonde's/Kj's power stood no chance against Sarg no matter the situation.
    indeed, were described as literal fleas compared to Sargereas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    indeed, they were described as literal fleas compared to Sargereas.
    Holy shit lol

But they're still attacking Azeroth in the Legion expansion? What's the point.

A mortal with a magic axe gave a titan the tiniest of nicks. Even if they were shocked that a mere mortal could injure Sargeras, I don't see how it follows that they - who are objectively significantly less powerful - should take over because of it. "Our boss can be scratched by a mortal, so he should be replaced by us, who can definitely be wounded or even killed by mortals" is not sound logic.

And Toranaar of the aldrachi also wounded Sargeras, and far more noticeably than Broxigar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I believe that is still the case. The one leading burning legion now is Punished "venom" Sargeras, a body double after surgery and hypnosis.

7+ Year Old Account
    indeed, were described as literal fleas compared to Sargereas.

- - - Updated - - -

indeed, they were described as literal fleas compared to Sargereas.
    Good thing then that fleas can kill. Perhaps we could infect Sargeras with the titan version of bubonic plague, or typhus or maybe just give him lovely planet sized tapeworm infestation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Good thing then that fleas can kill. Perhaps we could infect Sargeras with the titan version of bubonic plague, or typhus or maybe just give him lovely planet sized tapeworm infestation.
    what if he vomits titan black plague on Azeroth? Forsaken will inherent the earth!
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    IMO it should've stayed this way. Now they have to deal with Sargeras raid boss problem. But who knows, maybe they come up with something cool.
    I don't know. Sargeras disappearing for decades just to suddenly be a thing all over again looked odd and inconsistent. Like, oh cool Kil'jaeden is actually in charge and want to be the big boss but oh no no wait he's actually a pawn after all. Really, the disappearance of Sargeras looked more like lazyness than anything else, they just didn't know how to integrate him with the story told in WC2 and WC3.

- - - Updated - - -

what if he vomits titan black plague on Azeroth? Forsaken will inherent the earth!
    Hey, maybe that's what Gul'dan meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

Hey, maybe that's what Gul'dan meant.
    Most likely, considering the Alliance counterpart of the intro.