Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The blue bird and the Russian are not huge problems for Junkrat, they are called 'Natural counters' to Junkrat, which is what the game is based on. Rock Paper Scissors. If you see those two you are expected to switch to someone who counters them, not stick with what doesn't work. While I think pharah needs a better counter I don't think Junkrat needs a way to deal with her. Zaria can be out played, you just have to wait for shield to go down or muscle through them without dying.
    Pharah has all the hitscan counters. A very good Widow and McCree make life tough. Soldier can be a pest. And a Roadhog, Dwarf or Bastion change Pharah's lurk and pounce gamestyle to a long range annoyance playstyle. Play her at high skills, you'll find out she's hard to play properly.

Regarding Ana, I don't have a problem with her offensive shots dealing less damage. I do have a problem with her Biotic Grenade changes. Just like someone else mentioned, atleast let her heal up for 100, but teammates for 50. It's all about the fast healing buff from it anyway.

Don't really understand the Junkrat change though. I mean, with this logic all explosions should stop doing damage to themselves (Pharah, Zarya, Soldier etc). Even though Junkrat is kind of weak right now, don't think this will help much.
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2017-03-07 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Don't really understand the Junkrat change though.
    I just laughed since now attacking Junkrat's can't kill themselves during set-up in Mystery Heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ana nerfs look good. I would have preferred they toned down the healing block (as there is no counter for it) but she's more fragile now. I'm not sure I agree that she needs passive healing a la Mercy and Zen either. Her self heal works while taking damage and it's burst healing. Mercy and Zen can't heal while taking fire and then it takes time for them to recover 50hp. There are trade offs. They don't all need to match. You also need to take into account Sleep Dart. Ana can completely stop an attacker with one ability and no other healer has that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I just laughed since now attacking Junkrat's can't kill themselves during set-up in Mystery Heroes.
    Why would people do that anyway? I mean, in just a chill quickplay he can be quite good. Not really at competetive levels, but in the good hands, he can be quite dangerous. I've seen 1 or 2 Junkrats that I was kind of impressed at. He's a lot of fun to play though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would people do that anyway?
    It's pretty common to see people killing themselves during set-up if they don't get hero they wanted to.

There's always the question, why play Mystery Heroes in the first place then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovin the new changes

its makes way more heros viable

Imagine reaper going in for the kill with Zen being able to discord literally anything?

Winston is stronger, and thats a good thing since the tank meta is hurt by a nerfed Ana, which brings in my squishies

ON TOP OF THAT

Since we got a new tank, who is another barrier, Junkrat is now a good pick..... plus he no longer hurts himself, making him actually usable.

Deleted
    Finally some more nerfs to Ana. Perhaps people can finally stop consider her a "must pick" 100 % of the time, so tired of that hero.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Finally some more nerfs to Ana. Perhaps people can finally stop consider her a "must pick" 100 % of the time, so tired of that hero.
    She's still the best healer though. Highest skill cap, highest reward. Just her survivability is in a tricky spot right now. We'll have to see how it goes.

Deleted
    She's still the best healer though. Highest skill cap, highest reward. Just her survivability is in a tricky spot right now. We'll have to see how it goes.
    Indeed. Ana's actually the only interesting support hero to play. Hopefully these nerfs won't destroy her surv too badly.

Deleted
    I disagree with her being the best healer seeing as Ana's never manage to get gold healing when they are on my team. She may have good utility on top of that, but she does not bring the highest amount of healing to the team out of the healers.

I won't deny that she has a high skill cap, but that skill cap is also a big reason for why she's so overpowered, in the right hands she can simply do too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    I disagree with her being the best healer seeing as Ana's never manage to get gold healing when they are on my team. She may have good utility on top of that, but she does not bring the highest amount of healing to the team out of the healers.

I won't deny that she has a high skill cap, but that skill cap is also a big reason for why she's so overpowered, in the right hands she can simply do too much.
    Sleep, Anti-Heal, and Heal Buff are 3 of the best bits of utility in the game. I don't think she'll be going anywhere, she was never taken for her DPS and good teams will look after their support properly anyway; and her overall healing has barely been touched.

You're right that Mercy or Lucio will usually out heal her though.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-03-07 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if the Junkrat change also means his ult won't kill him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Anyone know if the Junkrat change also means his ult won't kill him?
    Can confirm, ult won't kill him anymore.

Tested against training bot in practice yard.

Deleted

With this silly logic I also want my Barrage to not kill myself. Kinda stupid change imo.

With this silly logic I also want my Barrage to not kill myself. Kinda stupid change imo.
    You mean like how D.va's ult totally kills her?

Game Balance > Logic. Junkrat's ult is one of the worst in the game and needed a buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You mean like how D.va's ult totally kills her?

Game Balance > Logic. Junkrat's ult is one of the worst in the game and needed a buff.
    Perhaps. But now you get the problem, why this particular hero, and not that other hero? There's only a few remaining left that can technically kill themselves using their ultimate. The most obvious one is Pharah, but Bastion can also kill himself. For Bastion you could still allow him to jump in his tank but prevent damage.

If they were to do it for Pharah, it'll be way too overpowered, and even remove a few clever ways to kill her (Like Winston Bubble or Dva flying into her). I already use my Barrage point blank to give them barely any reaction time, but imagine if it didn't kill you. For this reason I feel like the Junkrat tire should still kill himself, just like Barrage kills the Pharah. As a Junkrat, it's your choice to blow yourself up if someone is near you at that moment, or you can go for that specific hero you are aiming for and lose yourself in the progress anyway. Pharah doesn't have that choice.

I do agree Junkrat needs a buff, he needs it. But the ultimate should still kill himself.

Pharah has all the hitscan counters. A very good Widow and McCree make life tough. Soldier can be a pest. And a Roadhog, Dwarf or Bastion change Pharah's lurk and pounce gamestyle to a long range annoyance playstyle. Play her at high skills, you'll find out she's hard to play properly.

Regarding Ana, I don't have a problem with her offensive shots dealing less damage. I do have a problem with her Biotic Grenade changes. Just like someone else mentioned, atleast let her heal up for 100, but teammates for 50. It's all about the fast healing buff from it anyway.

Don't really understand the Junkrat change though. I mean, with this logic all explosions should stop doing damage to themselves (Pharah, Zarya, Soldier etc). Even though Junkrat is kind of weak right now, don't think this will help much.
    McCree is not a good counter to pharah as he has a low rate of fire, his damage drops off at range, can't stun at range and has no escape when the missiles come raining down. If he hits every shot he does okay but even missing once puts McCree so far behind the ball. Roadhogs hook is an okay counter at medium range but pharah can be right on top of you and still be at long range.

Soldier is an ideal counter. Zen is pretty good too but no escape if the pharah bears down on him.

Anna is getting nerfed. Tracer doesn't have the range. Bastion is not terrible but still has range drop off issues and his mobility issues makes pharah his counter. Snipers can be good.

Here's the issue with pharah, if your team takes a soldier to counter pharah all the opposing team has to do is kill the soldier and pharah runs rampant until soldier gets back on the rest of the team so the entire other team focuses on killing soldier and Pharah runs Uncountered for the entire game. Soldier can't focus on the sky and 5 other opponents.

I would like to see them add another character with a jump pack and a medium ranged hit scan weapon for fun air battles and a more natural counter to pharah. Give them less air time than pharah and a play style where they leap up and into combat to shoot faces then leap away.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-03-08 at 02:33 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account

YES! https://gfycat.com/FewFastBedlingtonterrier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    how is it with the normal grenade dmg? doest junk still get dmg from is own?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    McCree is not a good counter to pharah as he has a low rate of fire, his damage drops off at range, can't stun at range and has no escape when the missiles come raining down. If he hits every shot he does okay but even missing once puts McCree so far behind the ball. Roadhogs hook is an okay counter at medium range but pharah can be right on top of you and still be at long range.

Soldier is an ideal counter. Zen is pretty good too but no escape if the pharah bears down on him.

Anna is getting nerfed. Tracer doesn't have the range. Bastion is not terrible but still has range drop off issues and his mobility issues makes pharah his counter. Snipers can be good.

Here's the issue with pharah, if your team takes a soldier to counter pharah all the opposing team has to do is kill the soldier and pharah runs rampant until soldier gets back on the rest of the team so the entire other team focuses on killing soldier and Pharah runs Uncountered for the entire game. Soldier can't focus on the sky and 5 other opponents.

I would like to see them add another character with a jump pack and a medium ranged hit scan weapon for fun air battles and a more natural counter to pharah. Give them less air time than pharah and a play style where they leap up and into combat to shoot faces then leap away.
    Pharah is the type that if left, or left to just a single char (I.e. Soldier/Mcree) they will destroy your team, especially considering most have a pocket mercy. Focus Pharah down as a team she dies really quickly.. Sadly this happens next to never at 2500 is level.