Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    This bullshit has been going on for months.

There's a game called Final Fantasy: Brave Exvious that requires you to have a facebook account to log into the game. I had a "dummy" facebook account that I used. I was sending invites to people on a facebook group too quickly and facebook automatically suspended my account because the program is designed to detect that sort of thing(it's seen as a compromised account). The only way I could reclaim the account was to send in a government ID that matched the name on the account to verify that it was me doing that. The problem was that I named the dummy account a fake name and didn't use my actual birthday. I lost both my Final Fantasy account that had more than 50 hours played and my facebook account. Thankfully the other games I play aren't tied to this bullshit.

I created a new account that matches my name and birthday so that my new account doesn't get closed to avoid this drama in the future.

But, seriously, FUCK FACEBOOK!
    Last edited by urasim; 2017-03-07 at 07:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Anyone that uses a social media platform that requires verified ID is a sheeple. At least give yourself plausible deniability.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    So Facebook is more secure than voting?
    Yep, not entirely surprising given the hypocrisy of companies like FB.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    clicked the link and it showed me this.

Seems it is a way to recover a lost account. I see nothing wrong with it.
    Mobile and email is plenty enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Anyone that uses a social media platform that requires verified ID is a sheeple. At least give yourself plausible deniability.
    I already do my posting with my name and photo. Whether or not FB verifies that with my ID is irrelevant.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Mobile and email is plenty enough.

You have credit card info stored in the games facebook has. No, it is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    As long as IDs aren't free, they cannot be legally required to vote as per our constitution's poll tax amendment (24th).
    Yet it costs $10 or more to exercise the 2nd amendment. An ID isn't a poll tax. You have to have ID to buy booze or tobacco. You have to have ID to open a bank account. You have to have ID apply for government programs. You have to have ID to enroll your kids in school. In our society having an ID isn't the hardship that people make it out to be.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Yet it costs $10 or more to exercise the 2nd amendment. An ID isn't a poll tax. You have to have ID to buy booze or tobacco. You have to have ID to open a bank account. You have to have ID apply for government programs. You have to have ID to enroll your kids in school. In our society having an ID isn't the hardship that people make it out to be.
    An ID that is required to vote and is not free, would constitute a poll tax. Because then it would cost money to vote.

There is no constitutional amendment that says you cannot be taxed to buy booze/tobacco, open a bank account, enroll in govt programs/school. In our society it doesn't matter how much of a hardship it is, it just matters what our constitution says about poll taxes being unconstitutional.

You could make the IDs free, and there would be nothing unconstitutional about requiring IDs to vote, unless it introduces barriers to certain segments of our population disproportionately (and, go figure, members of congress have publicly said that this is what ID requirements are actually about, and is so far why ID laws have been struck down, without even going into the poll tax argument).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    You have credit card info stored in the games facebook has. No, it is not enough.
    TFW someone dumb enough stores CC info on facebook games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    An ID that is required to vote and is not free, would constitute a poll tax. Because then it would cost money to vote.

There is no constitutional amendment that says you cannot be taxed to buy booze/tobacco, open a bank account, enroll in govt programs/school. In our society it doesn't matter how much of a hardship it is, it just matters what our constitution says about poll taxes being unconstitutional.

You could make the IDs free, and there would be nothing unconstitutional about requiring IDs to vote, unless it introduces barriers to certain segments of our population disproportionately (and, go figure, members of congress have publicly said that this is what ID requirements are actually about, and is so far why ID laws have been struck down, without even going into the poll tax argument).
    You can get an ID for free in any state. It says on it FOR ID PURPOSES ONLY meaning you can't drive a car with it. People just want to bitch about it because then they could get the illegal votes that happen every election and stuff the ballot box.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    You can get an ID for free in any state. It says on it FOR ID PURPOSES ONLY meaning you can't drive a car with it. People just want to bitch about it because then they could get the illegal votes that happen every election and stuff the ballot box.

State Id's are not free in the state of Michigan.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's There's two sides to the story.

You have Facebook, the IT conglomerate that is used as a trusted from of user authentication (OAuth) because, in theory, something like a Facebook account can easily be vetted. Facebook asking for users to provide more personal information when signing up reinforces their strength of their user identification system. In turn, more sites would be willing to use Facebook account credentials for user authentication and authorization. This is good for you as a user because it means you only need one strong account on the web to secure your presence on the web. Less passwords and accounts to manage, better protection for security breaches as long as Facebook's database is never compromised, which is unlikely. A government ID lets them that you are YOU.

Not on the other hand, Facebook the social media business platform cannot be trusted. They mine your data and sell your data to advertisers, making it easier for advertisers to bombard your with content they want you to see. I barely trust Facebook with my phone number.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Not true at all, unless some state has stricter laws. You need an ID to do returns for some stores, or to have a membership (i.e. BJs) to shop at all.

Facebook is in the legal right, but they are going to lose plenty of popularity with this move. I for one think it's shit.
    Facebook has no legal standing, because the monetization angle for their games doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Furthermore, I would never do business with a store that requires ID for a return if I have a receipt in hand and I am willing to give my signature and give my phone number.

Note - this is to VERIFY your account, that is to get the verify tag on your account.

Won't affect the average user in the least.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Figure if Facebook ever asks for I.D of that kind for an existing account to continue using it, I'll just close my account.

State Id's are not free in the state of Michigan.
    Nor where I live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Back when I had a fb account, someone I knew of had a second account that was based around a Bears life & it's thoughts. Anything from every day "Hmm, Salmon for tea I think" to the odd political comments speech bubbled from a Bears mouth.

fb blocked him from using the page & asked him for ID to prove who he was, eventually making him just change the name of the account. Twice.

Asking a imaginary Bear for ID...lol
    Yeah, I actually do have family members that have/had accounts for various pets and/or fictitious animals to assist them with their various socialspam games.

7+ Year Old Account
    From what I can see, these rules are in the event of a dispute in the ownership of an account. Blizzard does the same thing with WOW accounts. If there's a dispute and someone needs to prove they are the account owner, government ID is the only realistic way of doing it.

Facebook has not asked me for my blood type yet.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano