Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoScratcher View Post
    Well. He might as well have left the cannons off, eh?
    Seriously wth do you even want?

I could go on for hours speculating why he armed his ships if he didn't expect humans. I can have a gander at my own asshole and say 'Well, he didn't expect humans but it'd be foolhardy to sail unknown waters unarmed. There could be fucking Krakens for all I know.' which would probably be the correct assumption.

But in the end there is one reason:
    Blizzard left tedious details out. The end. You can sleep at night again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is receiving one final warning to end this side-debate before infractions are handed out or thread closure occurs.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Garithos and Kael'thas work together to beat the scourge, Kael'thas finds a new ally in the naga which saves the blood elves and by extension Garithos. No one thought they were betrayed except Garithos. And even then he was already looking for an excuse to get rid of the blood elves.

so once again ordering the death of people who saved your ass = betrayal.
    i don't get that statement. Garithos would have behaved exactly the same to dwarves as well or gnomes or any of the new alliance races.

and while what he did could be phrased as a personal betrayal, i think they are much better words - like being a douchebag , prick , but usually hate is the term associated with that

I really wonder what they change about the expedition to Draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I really wonder what they change about the expedition to Draenor.
    I'm guessing Deathwing's involvement is even bigger than the one in the Beyond the Dark Portal novel. Quite possible that he could be behind the Human Expedition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    The horde had to attack lordaeron together alterac and defeat the alliance later could invade quelthalas and never conquer it
    Trying to shift the focus to not stagnate on the same trite topics: what makes you think Alterac would have actually joined the Horde in ther assault against Capital City? The moment they got spared after giving a free passage to the Horde they were pretty much done. As treacherous as they could have been they didn't love the Horde nor hated the Alliance enough to join the Horde armies and throw their achieved safety into the trash can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, Gul'dan could take advantage of his great results in screwing the runestones to sell the false hope that breaking the shield was possible as well. Orgrim would have never left Gul'dan behind if he didn't fall to the warlock's lie.
    And that's ultimately the thing. Without Gul'dan's intention of betrayal and this lie, not only would the Stormreavers, the Twilight's Hammers and the Dragonmaws with their dragons have marched with Doomhammer, it is rather likely that the Amani would have as well, having no false hope of breaching Silvermoon in that moment. With such a force, not only would Doomhammer certainly have conquered the Capital City, but it is rather likely he would have also dealt with Turalyon and his forces. After all, when working in unison, his forces managed to push Turalyon, his army and the full might of the elven armies all the way to Silvermoon, and that was while half the Horde was fighting in the Hinterlands.

So, yes, Doomhammer could have likely won, and yes, Gul'dan screwed them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread is receiving one final warning to end this side-debate before infractions are handed out or thread closure occurs.

Guys i'd stop if I were you, would be a shame if it gets locked or people get infracted.

Trying to shift the focus to not stagnate on the same trite topics: what makes you think Alterac would have actually joined the Horde in ther assault against Capital City? The moment they got spared after giving a free passage to the Horde they were pretty much done. As treacherous as they could have been they didn't love the Horde nor hated the Alliance enough to join the Horde armies and throw their achieved safety into the trash can.
    I think it's no longer canon but alterac privateers fought against alliance forces at Caer Darrow

Uther the Lightbringer embarked for the isle on a mission of mercy to aid and comfort the survivors of the bloody raid, he was ambushed by privateers from Alterac.In the naval battle that followed, some of the sailors were captured; During questioning in Lordaeron's capital, they confessed their nation's treachery to the Alliance, leading to Alterac's eventual ruin

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Caer_Darrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Guys i'd stop if I were you, would be a shame if it gets locked or people get infracted.
    I've cleared what parts of the tail ends of the off-topic snarl I could easily identify - I'm not going to hand out infractions until after the warning has been seen for a bit. There is a *lot* of Chronicles-related stuff to talk about, but let's pivot away from Elves, Quel'Thalas, and that potion of the Second War for a bit and let other portions of the new material get discussed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Guys stop so we can hear chapter 6

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I'm guessing Deathwing's involvement is even bigger than the one in the Beyond the Dark Portal novel. Quite possible that he could be behind the Human Expedition.
    It's pretty much true to former canon. Deathwing was intrigued by the portal's reopening, even though he knew the Horde's invasion was a feint. He immediately moved to infiltrate the royal court once again. This time posing as Daval Prestor, a supposed cousin from Perenolde. He convinced Terenas to enforce martial law in Alterac, which distracted the humans' militia away from the orcs' invasion.
    Deathwing made a deal with Gorefiend to help him gather the artifacts needed to make the dimensional rifts, and in return Deathwing and his brood could enter Draenor unhindered. The book stated that dragons had little need of fertile surroundings to thrive, so Deathwing was more than content to inhabit a world far away from the other Aspects and Azeroth's meddling mortals. He requested the Skull of Gul'dan from Ner'zhul, sensing its potency to empower his brood, regarding it as a token of 'friendship' from the Horde. Ner'zhul feared Deathwing and knew he could never withstand him and obliged.
    Deathwing settled in Gorgrond, which agitated the Gronn. You know what happened next.

Also, the battle of Auchindoun is canon. The Arakkoa hated the Horde for what Kargath did to them. Grizzik offered to help them navigate through Auchindoun and Danath killed Kil'rogg.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-03-07 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    It's pretty much true to former canon. Deathwing was intrigued by the portal's reopening, even though he knew the Horde's invasion was a feint. He immediately moved to infiltrate the royal court once again. This time posing as Daval Prestor, a supposed cousin from Perenolde. He convinced Terenas to enforce martial law in Alterac, which distracted the humans' militia away from the orcs' invasion.
    Deathwing made a deal with Gorefiend to help him gather the artifacts needed to make the dimensional rifts, and in return Deathwing and his brood could enter Draenor unhindered. The book stated that dragons had little need of fertile surroundings to thrive, so Deathwing was more than content to inhabit a world far away from the other Aspects and Azeroth's meddling mortals. He requested the Skull of Gul'dan from Ner'zhul, sensing its potency to empower his brood, regarding it as a token of 'friendship' from the Horde. Ner'zhul feared Deathwing and knew he could never withstand him and obliged.
    Deathwing settled in Gorgrond, which agitated the Gronn. You know what happened next.

Also, the battle of Auchindoun is canon. The Arakkoa hated the Horde for what Kargath did to them. Grizzik offered to help them navigate through Auchindoun and Danath killed Kil'rogg.
    Too bad, I would use this opportunity to explain how Katrana Prestor had ties within the Stormwind court, with Deathwing using his persona to instigate the nobles and press the expedition. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

I think I deviated enough from the original topic. Nonetheless, the Second War is all we have to talk about at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    Guys stop so we can hear chapter 6
    That's not on us.

- - - Updated - - -

There's any mention on how Ner'zhul went "mad"? There's a chance he actually meddled with the Void as the AU version did in WoD?
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Too bad, I would use this opportunity to explain how Katrana Prestor had ties within the Stormwind court, with Deathwing using his persona to instigate the nobles and press the expedition. Thanks.
    Deathwing had inflitrated Stormwind's court in earlier years, but his first appearance as Daval Prestor was specifically mentioned to be during the portal's second opening.
    No name was given for his Stormwind noble's identity. Could be another Prestor for all we know.
    Besides that, the name Prestor could've commanded respect to all kingdoms, for no one knew 'Prestor's' intentions were in favor of the Horde.
    Also, it was mentioned that even though many remained in Lordaeron after the Second War's end, many did go to the rebuilt Stormwind. The Prestor line could be one of the earlier nobles of new Stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

There's any mention on how Ner'zhul went "mad"? There's a chance he actually meddled with the Void as the AU version did in WoD?
    No. The more detailed character descriptions kinda stopped with Gul'dan's death. Ner'zhul's intentions, thoughts etc. were mostly in the dark.
    I firmly believe we'll see more of Ner'zhul in Volume III with the foundations of the Scourge, but that's anyone's guess.

I'm fairly certain Ner'zhul's madness comes as a result of the Skull of Gul'dan whispering to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. The more detailed character descriptions kinda stopped with Gul'dan's death. Ner'zhul's intentions, thoughts etc. were mostly in the dark.
    I firmly believe we'll see more of Ner'zhul in Volume III with the foundations of the Scourge, but that's anyone's guess.
    That's kinda weird, but whatever. Thanks for the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think I deviated enough from the original topic. Nonetheless, the Second War is all we have to talk about at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not on us.

- - - Updated - - -

There was the mention of how the Pale, the Orcs who dabbled with the Void, were marked with skull-like tattoos on their faces in the MU. I'd imagine this is a very telling echo of Ner'zhul himself who bore the very same tattoo after the Second War. Hopefully confirmation will be forthcoming.

Deleted
    These are the different parts of Chapter 6 in order:
    - Reforging of the Horde
    - Return of Garona
    - Fel Omens
    - Reopening the Dark Portal
    - Lord Daval Prestor
    - The Book of Medivh
    - Revelations
    - The Eye of Dalaran
    - The Scepter of Sargeras
    - The Sons of Lothar
    - A deal with Dragons
    - Assault on Hellfire Citadel
    - Battle of Auchindoun
    - Gruul the Dragonkiller (1st artwork Deathwing vs Gruul)
    - The Black Temple
    - The Breaking of Draenor (2nd artwork Nerzhul's ritual)
    - Remnants of the Horde
    - Valley of Heroes (Final artwork Alleria's statue)
    End of book
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-03-07 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    I'm fairly certain Ner'zhul's madness comes as a result of the Skull of Gul'dan whispering to him.
    Ner'zhul was slipping even before that. In the original story he began having dreams about his death and the death of the Horde in general, and actually saw the return of the Death Knight Teron Gorefiend as confirmation of those dreams. The Skull of Gul'dan definitely corrupted him further and made him a megalomaniacal sociopath in the mold of Gul'dan, but something had happened beforehand that made him tattoo a skull onto his face.