Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Good luck affording a house here though!
    Only if you live in Toronto or Vancouver. I can buy a 4 bedroom, 2000 square foot home with over 5 acres of land here for under 300k. I live less than 2 hours from Toronto. Hell, you can get a brand new home in the suburbs of London Ontario for under 300k.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Bet the internet is slower and more expensive in Canada.
    Depends on where precisely. Right here, we've got FTTP with no caps rolling out in all the cities.

However, elsewhere where private companies things, it's less good.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I like California. They're very progressive and enjoy a high standard of living. If the chart above had measured California vs Canada it would look different. Given that California is propping up the US as a whole, that means the gap in the other 49 states must be even worse.
    You're aware that Cali isn't propping the US as a whole right? Tons of states are booming. Texas is right there, and is a top 10 economoy. Used to be top 5, then you have recent booming places like oregon.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Only if you live in Toronto or Vancouver. I can buy a 4 bedroom, 2000 square foot home with over 5 acres of land here for under 300k. I live less than 2 hours from Toronto. Hell, you can get a brand new home in the suburbs of London Ontario for under 300k.
    London isn't where all the jobs are, but look at all the big cities near Toronto, the average house is around 500k now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Depends on where precisely. Right here, we've got FTTP with no caps rolling out in all the cities.

However, elsewhere where private companies things, it's less good.
    Rural Ontario is pretty potato for internet services. I live near Waterloo and we don't even have cable in a town of 500.