Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I don't know. Sargeras disappearing for decades just to suddenly be a thing all over again looked odd and inconsistent. Like, oh cool Kil'jaeden is actually in charge and want to be the big boss but oh no no wait he's actually a pawn after all. Really, the disappearance of Sargeras looked more like lazyness than anything else, they just didn't know how to integrate him with the story told in WC2 and WC3.
    What if Sargeras left to create new better burning legion in his inner hell ? Then KJ who is already a demon could lead the old legion.
    This shit writes itself.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2017-03-07 at 11:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What if Sargeras left to create new better burning legion in his inner hell ? Then KJ who is already a demon could lead the old legion.
    This shit writes itself.
    Well, that's kind of mind-blowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's kind of mind-blowing.
    And then first thing that sargeras says after making his apperance ?

"Kept you waiting, huh ?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I've been saying that Sargeras is dead for a while. I think Kil'jaeden, and Archimonde saw Sargeras obsession with Azeroth as a weakness, and killed him before it led them to ruin. We haven't actually seen anything of Sargera since his avatar. Just people referring to him. Kil'jaeden and Archimonde have been leading all these attacks on Azeroth and Draenor.

Also since Broxigar injured Sargeras, that's even more of a reason for Archimonde and Kil'jaeden to realize they could take over, if a mere mortal could injure the titan.
    First of all Brox did not really injure Sargeras, it was like a papercut, if even that, he was able to do this with his axe which was enhanced magic. If they thought his obsession with Azeroth was a weakness, why do they keep comming?

I don't know. Sargeras disappearing for decades just to suddenly be a thing all over again looked odd and inconsistent. Like, oh cool Kil'jaeden is actually in charge and want to be the big boss but oh no no wait he's actually a pawn after all. Really, the disappearance of Sargeras looked more like lazyness than anything else, they just didn't know how to integrate him with the story told in WC2 and WC3.
    Yeah I agree. I just can't get rid of the feeling that no matter which way they integrate Sargeras as end boss in Legion it's gonna be dissapointment and some cheesy story where we kill literal god. Maybe they should've emphasized more the importance of Kil'Jaeden & Archimonde ledarship duo and not overuse them before the time was right, but that gate is closed now.

IMO Sargeras is just a big problem for writers now. So far Azeroth was "too far away" so he couldn't get here because if he did it would all be over. In all the previous invasions the goal was to stop Legion from summoning Sargeras which would also result in game over. But now we're so powerful that we aren't afraid to go directly to Sargeras' home base?... If Sargeras is not in some kind of weakened state or coma I just can't see how they can justify us winning against fully powered titan without making it kinda meh.

But maybe it's just me, I never liked "you're so empowered by x/y so you can kill z" stories and I think it's unimaginitive way to get rid of Sargeras.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-03-08 at 06:38 AM.

Deleted
    I dream of some deception action by KJ but I try to maintain some healthy cynicism. So far even Belial from Diablo3 showed more competence in deception.

Sargy was MIA because he was checking on Diablo universe for potential recruits but thought "fuck these guys" and came back empty handed.

7+ Year Old Account
    This shit writes itself.
    *subscribe* deal
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have stated, in a blue, that Sargeras is NOT a demon and NOT tied to Twisting Nether..

Thus:
    - On the positive side, he can be killed, pretty much anywhere and he will stay dead.
    - On the negative side, there is (possibly) a Sargeras for each reality, and therefore we can kill him over and over again, as we already have AU Draenor to prove that we can have people (and entire planets) from alternate realities crossover with our own..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2017-03-08 at 09:04 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Yeah I agree. I just can't get rid of the feeling that no matter which way they integrate Sargeras as end boss in Legion it's gonna be dissapointment and some cheesy story where we kill literal god. Maybe they should've emphasized more the importance of Kil'Jaeden & Archimonde ledarship duo and not overuse them before the time was right, but that gate is closed now.

IMO Sargeras is just a big problem for writers now. So far Azeroth was "too far away" so he couldn't get here because if he did it would all be over. In all the previous invasions the goal was to stop Legion from summoning Sargeras which would also result in game over. But now we're so powerful that we aren't afraid to go directly to Sargeras' home base?... If Sargeras is not in some kind of weakened state or coma I just can't see how they can justify us winning against fully powered titan without making it kinda meh.

But maybe it's just me, I never liked "you're so empowered by x/y so you can kill z" stories and I think it's unimaginitive way to get rid of Sargeras.
    I don't think is realistically possible for us to not even beat but just fight against Sargeras. Give us all the power boosts imaginable, we'll still be flies before the "Fel Titan". If it's Blizzard's intention to make us fight Sargeras directly than they kind of shoot themselves on the feet when Chronicle confirmed his planetary size, big enough to cleave a goddamn planet in half. Fighting Deathwing was ridiculous enough and he's a dragonfly compared to Sargeras.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Not really :P Medivh could have been possessed by a fragment of Sargeras.. but i think thats reaching a bit too far.

plus i'm sure most people would be disapointed to reach "End Game" and find only Kil'jaeden saying "AH! Fooled you" xD
    It was a fragment. Destro lock research tells you this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I've been saying that Sargeras is dead for a while. I think Kil'jaeden, and Archimonde saw Sargeras obsession with Azeroth as a weakness, and killed him before it led them to ruin. We haven't actually seen anything of Sargera since his avatar. Just people referring to him. Kil'jaeden and Archimonde have been leading all these attacks on Azeroth and Draenor.

Also since Broxigar injured Sargeras, that's even more of a reason for Archimonde and Kil'jaeden to realize they could take over, if a mere mortal could injure the titan.
    Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde would be a nice meatstick on Sargeras' fel grill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think is realistically possible for us to not even beat but just fight against Sargeras. Give us all the power boosts imaginable, we'll still be flies before the "Fel Titan". If it's Blizzard's intention to make us fight Sargeras directly than they kind of shoot themselves on the feet when Chronicle confirmed his planetary size, big enough to cleave a goddamn planet in half. Fighting Deathwing was ridiculous enough and he's a dragonfly compared to Sargeras.
    Don't worry, we will use zalazanes darkest secret, the one that vol'jin protected us from for all those years - shrinking magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Blizzard have stated, in a blue, that Sargeras is NOT a demon and NOT tied to Twisting Nether..

Thus:
    - On the positive side, he can be killed, pretty much anywhere and he will stay dead.
    - On the negative side, there is (possibly) a Sargeras for each reality, and therefore we can kill him over and over again, as we already have AU Draenor to prove that we can have people (and entire planets) from alternate realities crossover with our own..
    Blizzard have stated so many things in the past. Their story changes every hour.

Sargeras is 100% likely tethered to an object which grants him immortality even after death, as long as the object is not destroyed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fairly sure he can downsize his body to a more humanoid form.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It was a fragment. Destro lock research tells you this.
    Yes.
    But Sargeras fought against Aegwynn (Medivh's mother) and even though it was an Avatar (all he could summon to azeroth....) it was still him.
    Later she was imbued with a fragment of him, which is still him.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, we will use zalazanes darkest secret, the one that vol'jin protected us from for all those years - shrinking magic.
    That's some evil shit now. He'll also lose 2 points in Strength and Spirit. How can he stand a chance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    I'm fairly sure he can downsize his body to a more humanoid form.
    Besides the fact that I don't think he can actually do that (at most he can create an avatar of himself, as he did with Aegwynn) why should he reduce his natural size? Just to make himself "defeatable"? That would be pretty retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Yes.
    But Sargeras fought against Aegwynn (Medivh's mother) and even though it was an Avatar (all he could summon to azeroth....) it was still him.
    Later she was imbued with a fragment of him, which is still him.
    No the avatar was specifically described as a physical fragment. Killing the avatar did not kill him and nothing killed the spirit in Medivh, Medivh simply died.

Deleted
    That's some evil shit now. He'll also lose 2 points in Strength and Spirit. How can he stand a chance?

- - - Updated - - -

Besides the fact that I don't think he can actually do that (at most he can create an avatar of himself, as he did with Aegwynn) why should he reduce his natural size? Just to make himself "defeatable"? That would be pretty retarded.
    Power =/ body size. If we face him, he'll be downscaled, or we'll be upscaled.

We won't be fighting his toe hair, because that's how big we'll be in comparison to his size.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No the avatar was specifically described as a physical fragment. Killing the avatar did not kill him and nothing killed the spirit in Medivh, Medivh simply died.
    We are talking about Sargeras dying... not Medivh.

EDIT: You are reading half my answers. Go read the OP etc and it will make sense.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Power =/ body size. If we face him, he'll be downscaled, or we'll be upscaled.

We won't be fighting his toe hair, because that's how big we'll be in comparison to his size.
    Yeah, I guess that's precisely the reason why fighting Sargeras would be a terrible idea. It's either him shrinking down for no reason or we matching the size of planets for equally dumb reasons.

I hope you're right. But with Blizz and their rule of cool you never now.