Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Some classes getting far more in 7.2

This is from the perspective of a Warrior main. One who has mained Warrior since WotLK. I welcome any input from other classes.

As the PTR gets less and less content each new build we're reaching the point where we can ask "Is this it?" when it comes to warrior.

The lastest build brings class armaments to Paladin and DK. Gear used by NPCs in their hall will now be available to the class. For whatever reason the third plate class: Warrior, does not get the same despite NPCs in the hall also using NPC unique weaponry. Mind you, warrior NPC do use lower resolution, single color gear and the gear itself isn't being used by warriors but rather Vrykul. But it's still unique. Likewise we don't have things like special pets, toys, or, like the monk, a talking mount. Given that as a class we already were lacking in flavor in our hall, all of it being regulated to a weekly arena (opposed to other classes daily occurances) that has a rare drop, high cooldown toy that is already similar to one dropped by a rare mob in Stormheim and has nothing to do with warriors, this is a bit distressing from flavor and all over "fun" standpoint for warriors.

DK were distressed over their hall being what they already had and also being rather bare bones and in return they have all kinds of things coming to them in 7.2. Warriors were distressed over their hall having little to do with warriors (devs even admitted they decided to tell a Vrykul story rather than a warrior story) and also being very barebones, and they have nothing coming to them in 7.2 other than a rather unpopular proto-drake.

Mind you, Warrior isn't alone in this. DH also isn't getting much in 7.2 aside from an edgy Pepe. And I hope blizzard gives them more, but as a warrior main, I'm tired of warriors in legion being told they aren't as important. With the expansion having a heavy theme of "Class Fantasy", it doesnt help when some classes get notably more for the sake of flavor than others.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    every class.. doesnt need everything.. everytime.

ebb and flow is better than homogenization.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Monks get a talking mount but only 1 color
    Demon hunters get toy and pepe but only 1 color
    And about the sets: please calm down, this has just been added and we haven't gotten a release date yet so they might add more !

- - - Updated - - -

BTW druids don't have any special occurances in their classhall

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Monks get a talking mount but only 1 color
    Demon hunters get toy and pepe but only 1 color
    And about the sets: please calm down, this has just been added and we haven't gotten a release date yet so they might add more !

- - - Updated - - -

BTW druids don't have any special occurances in their classhall
    Monks also get a pet.

The Druid form allows them to carry others, they also receive two pets from a current class advancement.

DH is limited I agree, they do get a pet currently in their hall, though its shared with Warlocks if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Monks also get a pet.

The Druid form allows them to carry others, they also receive two pets from a current class advancement.

DH is limited I agree, they do get a pet currently in their hall, though its shared with Warlocks if I remember correctly.
    which 2 pets

This is from the perspective of a Warrior main. One who has mained Warrior since WotLK. I welcome any input from other classes.

As the PTR gets less and less content each new build we're reaching the point where we can ask "Is this it?" when it comes to warrior.

The lastest build brings class armaments to Paladin and DK. Gear used by NPCs in their hall will now be available to the class. For whatever reason the third plate class: Warrior, does not get the same despite NPCs in the hall also using NPC unique weaponry. Mind you, warrior NPC do use lower resolution, single color gear and the gear itself isn't being used by warriors but rather Vrykul. But it's still unique. Likewise we don't have things like special pets, toys, or, like the monk, a talking mount. Given that as a class we already were lacking in flavor in our hall, all of it being regulated to a weekly arena (opposed to other classes daily occurances) that has a rare drop, high cooldown toy that is already similar to one dropped by a rare mob in Stormheim and has nothing to do with warriors, this is a bit distressing from flavor and all over "fun" standpoint for warriors.

DK were distressed over their hall being what they already had and also being rather bare bones and in return they have all kinds of things coming to them in 7.2. Warriors were distressed over their hall having little to do with warriors (devs even admitted they decided to tell a Vrykul story rather than a warrior story) and also being very barebones, and they have nothing coming to them in 7.2 other than a rather unpopular proto-drake.

Mind you, Warrior isn't alone in this. DH also isn't getting much in 7.2 aside from an edgy Pepe. And I hope blizzard gives them more, but as a warrior main, I'm tired of warriors in legion being told they aren't as important. With the expansion having a heavy theme of "Class Fantasy", it doesnt help when some classes get notably more for the sake of flavor than others.
    ill listen about your unwanted proto drake as soon as the mount I got in wow for running hots is swapped for the Judgement mount that would absolutely go with my paladin and guild for that matter is offered in wow. stupid flaming cat mount.....................
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    which 2 pets
    Broot and Nightmare Lasher

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    classes have always gotten different stuff classic warlocks/pallys had mounts. tbc.... i don't know what people got in tbc. wrath dk's got there own flying mount. cata casters got a legendary that was also a mount. mop warlocks got green fire. wod..... wod sucked so it doesn't matter. and legion has tons of stuff for different classes.

Monks also get a pet.

You are right about the shared pet, it can drop from the daily demon kill.
    Non-cageable so only obtainable by those classes but useable by any once learned, and tradeable amongst eligible players if looted by one.

But short version as stated by others - not everyone is going to have the same.
    If they did, then blizzard would be called out for being unoriginal, boring etc.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-03-08 at 01:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You are right about the shared pet, it can drop from the daily demon kill.
    Non-cageable so only obtainable by those classes but useable by any once learned, and tradeable amongst eligible players if looted by one.

But short version as stated by others - not everyone is going to have the same.
    If they did, then blizzard would be called out for being unoriginal, boring etc.
    Not all will get the same no.

I would argue that given one of the themes of Legion is "Class Fantasy" that all should get a few somethings. Warrior, Priest (and arguably DH currently) get the barest of anything. Though DH at least has the most unique class as a whole given their double jumping, slow falling, unique skinned nature.

I would argue that given one of the themes of Legion is "Class Fantasy" that all should get a few somethings. Warrior, Priest (and arguably DH currently) get the barest of anything. Though DH at least has the most unique class as a whole given their double jumping, slow falling, unique skinned nature.
    Class fantasy is not written in stone, and is very subjective.
    Some mechanics or themes introduced pretty late have been adopted as part of the class fantasy, despite being relatively new additions.
    Metamorphosis for demo warlocks for instance, despite being part of the demon hunter fantasy long before that.

A few "what" though - if its anything unique to them then the same argument will come up, that someone else doesn't have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Class fantasy is not written in stone, and is very subjective.
    Some mechanics or themes introduced pretty late have been adopted as part of the class fantasy, despite being relatively new additions.
    Metamorphosis for demo warlocks for instance, despite being part of the demon hunter fantasy long before that.

A few "what" though - if its anything unique to them then the same argument will come up, that someone else doesn't have it.
    The argument isnt that someone else doesnt have it. The argument is that there are those with a noted lack. Giving warriors, say, their own set of armaments like the DK and Paladins have, or their own none-set armor like the Rogues get or their own pet, like a warrior themed hound or something similar would put them in line with other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's times that the classes being 'ignored' in 7.2 got neat stuff when other classes didn't. Back in vanilla, warriors/pallies had exclusive use of Quel'serrar, hunters had their bow Rhok, priests had Benediction, etc etc. In Dragon Soul rogues had an exclusive legendary, just as casters did in Firelands.

Sorry but that's just how game design works. It isn't going to be an even 12/12 class-split every time.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    The argument isnt that someone else doesnt have it. The argument is that there are those with a noted lack. Giving warriors, say, their own set of armaments like the DK and Paladins have, or their own none-set armor like the Rogues get or their own pet, like a warrior themed hound or something similar would put them in line with other classes.
    MMmmh....

The best toy added in legion is a warrior only item: Stormforged Vrykul Horn wowhead .com/item=140160/stormforged-vrykul-horn

Quote Originally Posted by Tizock View Post
    MMmmh....

The best toy added in legion is a warrior only item: Stormforged Vrykul Horn wowhead .com/item=140160/stormforged-vrykul-horn
    Aww, the incredibly low drop rate toy with a high cooldown low duration that you have a once a week chance to get (whereas other classes get multiple a week chance at similar items) that drops from an arena box whose timer is constantly off for some reason making it very difficult to time when you can try at it, and typically requires you to be able to out gear people and/or have a prot spec ready? Assuming the box itself doesnt bug, which is common.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then roll a Paladin if you feel so utterly slighted.

As others have said, not everything in game has to be completely equal across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    ill listen about your unwanted proto drake as soon as the mount I got in wow for running hots is swapped for the Judgement mount that would absolutely go with my paladin and guild for that matter is offered in wow. stupid flaming cat mount.....................
    How dare they give you a mount for something so trivial as 15 games of HotS and its not exactly what you wanted(since all classes can get it , it has to be a universal mount, not a paladin specific mount).

Welcome to Hunters.
    The state this game is in, and the lack of equal class attention is disgusting.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted
    Aww, the incredibly low drop rate toy with a high cooldown low duration that you have a once a week chance to get (whereas other classes get multiple a week chance at similar items) that drops from an arena box whose timer is constantly off for some reason making it very difficult to time when you can try at it, and typically requires you to be able to out gear people and/or have a prot spec ready? Assuming the box itself doesnt bug, which is common.
    Yes this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Welcome to Hunters.
    The state this game is in, and the lack of equal class attention is disgusting.
    Hunters are getting pets in 7.2 and can currently get a unique head item which has been rather popular.