Thread: Top Player Bans

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Top Player Bans

We’ve recently taken action against a number of accounts that were actively participating in and/or advertising the sale of in-game raid or dungeon clears in exchange for real-world currency. Such behavior is a clear violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use.

Of the players affected, many were members of top raiding guilds. We want to be clear that everyone we’ve taken action against had illustrated full knowledge and intent to violate the Terms of Use. Going forward, in order to ensure fair play and competitive integrity, we’ll be monitoring these activities much more closely in order to make sure that the rules are being followed. This includes selling services for real money, account-sharing, and other violations.

Note that while selling assistance with obtaining items, achievements, PvP rating, or other in-game benefits for real-world currency is against the Terms of Use, selling those things in exchange for in-game gold is perfectly legitimate. Players should not feel as though participating in a “gold run” is going to result in negative action taken against their account.

If you see people advertising these services, please help us keep the game clean by reporting them. If you’re unsure, here are some common warning signs:

A “broker” is offering to match buyers with service-providers. Commonly, a broker will collect real-world currency from a buyer while offering gold to a guild or group that will actually provide the service.
    Someone offering a service is unwilling to discuss terms of payment via in-game tells, and insists on using a non-Blizzard application to communicate.

Also note that Patch 7.2 includes some improvements to our reporting features to add clearer categories for reporting listings in the Premade Group Finder. We’re disappointed to see members of the raiding community participating in behaviors that clearly violate the Terms of Use, and want to be clear that such activities will not be tolerated.
    Anyone know how long the bans are? If they're six months this could potentially impact ToS progression?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Anyone know how long the bans are? If they're six months this could potentially impact ToS progression?
    Was thinking the same but someone in those guilds probably have secondary accounts etc etc to pass around if needed, at least if top 3 are affected.

Prestige Gaming and Openness are not in the race.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Prestige Gaming and Openness are not in the race.
    It's pretty obvious the majority of top guilds are involved in this. Whether there's enough in-game evidence (as I doubt Blizzard can justify anything else) is questionable.

I guess those who were smart = noban
    Those who got lazy and complacent = banned
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2017-03-08 at 05:37 AM.

7 day bans from the ppl in some of the other us guilds I know and 2 of our players.

It's pretty obvious all top guilds are involved in this.
    Mine isn't.

Whether there's enough in-game evidence (as I doubt Blizzard can justify anything else) is questionable.

I guess those who were smart = noban
    Those who got lazy and complacent = banned
    Advertising on your guilds website and wow progress page is pretty complacent.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    7 day bans from the ppl in some of the other us guilds I know and 2 of our players.
    Oh, if that's it, they'll be happy for the break, and doesn't effect progression in the slightest.

Mine isn't.
    Edited wording to what I actually meant.
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2017-03-08 at 05:37 AM.

The people who I know who were banned and the people who I know who have been involved with irl money sales do not overlap. Great sleuthing blizzard.

From US side, did Alacrity get any bans?

Wow, really? 7 days? That's..... sad. I mean, Blizzard is all "You cannot do that!" and people get a slap on the wrist and some angry eyes. Done.

sad sad sad

Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    The people who I know who were banned and the people who I know who have been involved with irl money sales do not overlap. Great sleuthing blizzard.
    Very much same from the personal friends I know who were hit are in the same boat. I can't speak for other people I have heard are banned though.

Anyone from the top 5 get banned?

It is about time blizzard cracked down on this.They should perma ban people for this.

Should've been perma and perma for all secondary accounts too.

10+ Year Old Account
    From US side, did Alacrity get any bans?
    Ya their GM and local scammer Kobe

I will say i know all of the guilds affected and everyone of them do real money or have done real money sales and associated just by being in the guild. So it shouldnt come as any suprise its the risk you take.

Its interesting that you all have association with Diamond LMAO
    Last edited by Speed; 2017-03-08 at 05:58 AM.

Should've waited till ToS was about to open to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    It is about time blizzard cracked down on this.They should perma ban people for this.
    I don't think there's anything you should permabanned for on first offence. A warning is always a good thing.

But sure, if they continue to do it after this very obvious "stop doing this" message, then sure permaban away.

However, 7 days is too lenient when botters are getting 6 months on first offence now.

I don't think there's anything you should permabanned for on first offence. A warning is always a good thing.

But sure, if they continue to do it after this very obvious "stop doing this" message, then sure permaban away.

However, 7 days is too lenient when botters are getting 6 months on first offence now.
    I definitely hope they figure out what the fuck they're doing before they start slapping down perma bans on the wrong people.

Let's be fair, selling runs hurts the game much less than botting does.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I hope they're perma
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?