Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Thanks Blizzard it's about time hopefully this does some lasting impact with all the spam in premade group finder and also in trade chats. I was looking on some top ilvl specs on wow progress ( of the same character I play) to compare trinkets with my own and I noticed a lot of those players had like 35-40+ guldan heroic kills.. makes me wonder if they were selling guldan AOTC kills for money since these people were like 920 equipped ilvl.. I guess if you play 12hrs+ a day and do 3000 mythic+ runs you gotta be able to pay for groceries develiered on that no life grind.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Blizzard so greedy, want to get more money out of people, blab blah blah"

Newsflash:

Blizzard is a BUSINESS. They're passionate about their chosen field, but they are still a company that is designed to earn income like every single other company in the history of fucking forever. They're not a non-profit charity. They need to protect their business model.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    Woooooooow you people are scary... wth? "The top guilds in the world were making a living off WoW. TO BAD! LET THEM STARVE!" - The WoW comunity O_o. You're endorsing the suffering of another human being you sick FUCKS!. Like this will pretty much kill the World First scene just because the GM's / Officers of those guilds COULD live off playing WoW thus could put the insane hours in to compete...

Also, the spin on this is... horrifying "something that was ok for the last decade is no longer ok because .... reasons. By the by it's still toooootaly ok guys if you pay us instead." Somewhere in the design document of Legion , written in golden letters with the popes piss is "just do the oposite of everything players were used to since vanila". I've seen blizzard do some questionable shit in the past but this .... ow this is in a whole new level... fuckin speechles.
    They broke the TOS and they are already making a living from their actual job.

The income from playing comes from sponsors, and sponsored events. Donations, not selling their services.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-03-08 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Newsflash:

Blizzard is a BUSINESS. They're passionate about their chosen field, but they are still a company that is designed to earn income like every single other company in the history of fucking forever. They're not a non-profit charity. They need to protect their business model.
    I can't believe i'm doing this , i'm usualy not this mean, but i realy do hope a buissness somewhere sometime decides your choses profesion is no longer acceptable... see what happens then when the fucking "hand of god" takes food of your plate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    - buy gold with token, then buy boosts = OK ($$$>gold>boost)
    - buy boost directly with money, taking Blizz out of the equation = BAD ($$$>boost)

Such hypocrisy, what even the F. Anyone remember the days with Blizz blogs and webpages against buying gold with real money? "It destroys aspect X or Y of WoW". Nowadays, buy from us!!!!! don't try to put us out, or we ban you!!!! Yeah.

And before you jump me, I support their decision to ban these players. I just want them to be consistent, not hypocritical.
    You're essentially exchanging a monthly subscription for gold, and gold for monthly subscription

- buy boost directly with money, taking Blizz out of the equation = BAD ($$$>boost)

Such hypocrisy, what even the F. Anyone remember the days with Blizz blogs and webpages against buying gold with real money? "It destroys aspect X or Y of WoW". Nowadays, buy from us!!!!! don't try to put us out, or we ban you!!!! Yeah.

And before you jump me, I support their decision to ban these players. I just want them to be consistent, not hypocritical.
    Well see it from blizzards point of view. If you buy their tokens for gold you pay blizzard real money, but if you buy a boost from someone else that money is lost. So buying boost directly from other players is an income loss for Blizzard, which is exactly the opposite any company want.

It's Blizzards game, that's what matters at the end of the day. People play their game, so of course they want to make money from those people.

Their rules man, they can be as "hypocritical" as they want, it is THEIR game, it's like saying "Blizz doesn't allow me to fly hack in game, why can they fly" .. because it's their game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what did they get? A slap on the wrist and a one week ban? Blizzard is terrible with their 'punishments'

Deleted
    I suppose those boost sellers weren't the most obnoxious people out there, as they actually offered a legitimate service, in the sense that they weren't scammers.

However, the sheer amount of spam was getting out of control, to the point where they were aggressively exploiting the game as nothing but an apparatus for real life currency.

I'm glad Blizzard is taking action!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Newsflash:

But that money is not even going back into World of Warcraft, for the most part. It's going into Overwatch, Hearthstone and probably a new yacht or two.

All those $$$ sellers are doing is monetizing their love for the game. A love which, at this point, may be just as strong or even stronger than Blizzard's.

Woooooooow you people are scary... wth? "The top guilds in the world were making a living off WoW. TO BAD! LET THEM STARVE!" - The WoW comunity O_o. You're endorsing the suffering of another human being you sick FUCKS!. Like this will pretty much kill the World First scene just because the GM's / Officers of those guilds COULD live off playing WoW thus could put the insane hours in to compete...

There will always be a world first scene. Whether or not it will consist of 3 guilds requiring their members to take part in 5 or 6 splitruns is a different matter.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe i'm doing this , i'm usualy not this mean, but i realy do hope a buissness somewhere sometime decides your choses profesion is no longer acceptable... see what happens then when the fucking "hand of god" takes food of your plate.
    If you choose to make your profession something that clearly violates written terms of service, no matter how long you were able to get away with it, you should probably have a backup plan.

it's calling intelligent content ownership exploitation, you have something you create, it's normal to have exclusivity on your thing you created, there is law for that and you can make your own law for it too, people asking real money for game service is against law and ban is deserved

Use IRL money > Buy gold > Buy boost!

"Problem" solved :/

Deleted
    Lol so many crying about gold being money and Blizzard being greedy. Their game, their rules. Yes, what a surprise, they protect their busines from people openly trying to get part of their cut, how evil is this, no company in the world protects their money.

And sure that 100% of the adds and groups where legitimate and no one ever scamed and kept the money without offering any run. Sure. It is Blizzard excuse trying to defend players from that because gold and run sellers are all 100% good people, never stealing money or accounts.

anyone notable who got banned?

"It's not that we mind you making money, it's that we mind not getting our percentage" - Blizzard

They kind of threw out any credibility in this department when they decided to officially sanction gold selling. but hey....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Use IRL money > Buy gold > Buy boost!

"Problem" solved :/
    Funny thing is a boost for full mythic nighthold was being offered for the equivalent of 15 million gold. Top kek.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    Lol so many crying about gold being money and Blizzard being greedy. .
    Huh? I see the exact opposite happening.

So as long as Blizzard gets a cut, it's ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    Lol so many crying about gold being money and Blizzard being greedy. Their game, their rules. Yes, what a surprise, they protect their busines from people openly trying to get part of their cut, how evil is this, no company in the world protects their money.

And sure that 100% of the adds and groups where legitimate and no one ever scamed and kept the money without offering any run. Sure. It is Blizzard excuse trying to defend players from that because gold and run sellers are all 100% good people, never stealing money or accounts.
    The same should go for selling runs for gold. The same scams exist. Double standard. Blizz is ok with the scams, as long as they are getting a cut.