Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    He's a big giant Eredar motherfucker with strong magic. Can't let him hang around, really.
    This. A thousand times.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Ronissassa View Post
    For another approach, he's already there. He's coming to wreak havoc whether we kill Elisande/Gul'dan or not, so why would we just see a giant demon that the Legion was making a pretty big effort to bring into this plane of existence, and NOT kill it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Since Krosus is blocking the path to the former temple of Elune you might argue that he is to be defeated last, in preparation for 7.3?
    I'll tag this too for funsies

Fun fact: If you kill Gul'dan before Krosus the Infernal trash mob right before you jump down doesn't spawn.

On topic: I think he could very well throw orbs high enough that it would reach Dalaran, so that's a reason to take him out.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2017-03-06 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anax View Post
    I do think it was.
    Even playing as Ret, I got the definite impression that Tirion would have died from the injuries Krosus inflicted, was just being kept alive for torture.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Krosus isn't even dead, he went straight back to the Twisting Nether so we'll probably see him again in 7.3.
    No, he got sent back to the nether where he slipped on a banana peel and died for good offscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Depends on how fel corrupted the proximity to ToS is considered.

- - - Updated - - -

Ret paladin artifact line.
    Krosus was in the water he was far away from the Tomb.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Vengeance for Tirion. Also, imagine that thing roaming around Suramar once the warlocks had finished summoning him. We're lucky we got him while he was skinny dipping!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    PLus the bastard obviously pissed all over the water.
    That too. Nothing more foul than demon piss, don't want it leaking into the lower levels of the tomb of Sargeras while we're trying to fight the tomb's namesake, do we?

he can destroy a bridge in like 12 punches

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Krosus was in the water he was far away from the Tomb.
    You can see the tomb there. Who's to say the ground under the water isn't fel corrupted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    Wasnt him that killed Tirion.
    Wait.... What???

When/how did Tirion die?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    it cant be revenge. Krosus isnt the one that killed tirion...

Deleted
    Do we need any reason other than "this big ass demon who is capable of destroying structures is on the loose, and that's kinda bad" ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    it cant be revenge. Krosus isnt the one that killed tirion...
    From what Khadgar and most of the heroes (classes) know he did.

Only the Silver Hand really knows about what came after.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Maybe I've not paid close enough attention to the dialogue in Nighthold, but why do we fight Krosus?

It doesn't seem that his presence would impede our assault on the Nighthold, as he's a bit out of the way. Him blocking our only route to the Tomb of Sargeras might make sense (a la Kologarn in Ulduar), but we're not going there yet. Instead, it's detour, kill boss, backtrack.
    While approaching the spire you see 3 warlocks casting a summoning ritual in the distance. You do not know what they are attempting to summon (outside of knowing it has to be something big).
    Would you continue the way upstairs and leave them be? Or would you make sure you won't be attacked from the rear while fighting Elisandre+Gul'dan who by themselves are extremely powerful beings?

Is it merely revenge for Tirion?
    Not at all... we only see what is being summoned after we fail stopping the ritual.

I think Balnazzar actually thought he could torture him until he could break him and make him a Legion agent (similar to what Arthas planned for Bolvar)
    Balnazzar intended to mindcontrol him, like he did with the Highlord, but Tirion was better at resisting his influence, which was actually what took such a toll on his body.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-03-08 at 09:30 AM.

From storytelling perspective all we do in the courtyard of the palace is fucking around. Krosus is a big detour, but everybody past Spellblade is. Consider this, for some reason we decide to go up to a private area to kill a scientist (Star Augur) who seems to be doing exactly nothing to harm us. Past that guy we proceed... only to murder a gardener. With that in mind, having a scenario where we somehow know (Idk, spy or someone told us) that Krosus is being summoned at the back of the palace doesn't seem impossible.

Come to think of it, this might be the first raid where most of the enemies are not really "super evil". They are only misguided, following their leader who has made a bad call and would change her mind if we didn't, well, butcher her as well. This makes all those detours to kill more Nightborne even sillier.

Maybe not having a huge fuck off eredar suddenly show up at the shoreline and start fucking up our shit.

Just because he is somewhat stationary in the encounter does not mean he lorewise can't leave the ocean and even if he couldn't the citizens of Suramar wouldn't exactly be safe with a huge fuck off demon throwing orbs of fel everywhere.

I think the idea is that we have to go out of our way to kill him because he was summoned. Krosus is really goddamn big and scary and I'm guessing allowing him to be fully summoned into Azeroth would be really bad.
    Since we actually go over there to stop summoners before they can spawn Krosus I can only imagine the idea is that we're trying to avoid the monstrous horrifying demon giant from being on our plane of existence.

Also, he's a douchebag and we might as well make him eat bridge pavement while we're on our way to kill Gul'dan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Wait.... What???

When/how did Tirion die?
    Oh boy. I've got bad news for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Oh boy. I've got bad news for you.
    Do tell...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Ronissassa View Post
    Well, for lore's sake it's a nice vengeance for Tirion amongst other losses to the Legion. This is the demon that directly ended Tirion's life in front of us all on the Broken Shore as a random display of the Legion's power.

tirion didnt die there

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    He was beaten by an Eredar that does not skip leg day in the Broken Shore and then he was tortured to death by Balnazzar and his inquisitors.
    Wait, is Krosus an actual Eredar? What the heck went wrong with that guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.