Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Soooo they legalised it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddiance, but stil SLOOOOWPOOOOKE mode is active.

Deleted
    They knew the risk, they were confident they would get away with it being that blizzard always allowed it to in the past - they haven't now. It is what it is. Dare they cry about getting caught and punished? i hope not - you don't deserve to Good for them.

About time, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Totally missed out on the streaming thing, that just went by me.....
    Personally I do not pay attention to the steams and I would of missed such if it was not for catching the discussions complaining of such. Overall as expected the fans of such streams do not make negative word of such. It takes either the ones who feel like they are being exploited or anti-fans to spread word. Another poster mentioned the stream subscriber only run gray area which is generally innocent in a exclusive patron perk kind of way to play with a celebrity while the likes of donations and subscription can be leveraged in a way to promote paid runs. For streamers this has been in my view a far longer thing happening with PVP for rank carries. So far it looks like Blizzard has only targeting PVE. If that is the case then Blizzard is probably only targeting those who advertised in game.

I do hope Blizzard is also targeting streamers. Time will tell shortly if any announce being banned.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-03-08 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    What about most of big streamers from 'put random top guild here' with advertising 'put random shitty wow boosting service link here'? Is anyone of them banned? Twitch also should do something about it.

------------------------------------------------

I am pretty sure that maybe only a few streamers or sponsored pvp players can make enough cash to live from WoW.
    If someone wants to 'not starve' only from boosting other ppl... that person probably has got a huge problem.

Is punishing someone for acting against law (against ToS in that case) 'suffering' for that person?... For me is just another pointless 1st world problem.

There will be always be world 1st. I don't care if it is sponsored guild or not.
    Nighthold has shown us that hardcore players retire due burnout and endless grind. Most of them do not care about selling stuff for real money.

It was never ok. For some unknown reason Blizzard decided to do something with it now.

How does this relate to vanilla?
    "The sad thing is - PvE top scene is slowly dying. Remember the times when getting into top 10 of the world was something you dreamed of as a hardcore guild? Now it's more of a question if you have 20 people to stay online for 14+ hours for 1 week.
    Split raids are killing top guilds too. Progressing in Mythic difficulty is fun, but leveling 6 characters, farming legendaries, AP, gear on them to make 6 splitraids on heroic week is not. The reason such things still exists is understandable - heroic week is a "1 more PTR test week" for developers, where they can fix bugs, tune classes and so on, however from top guild perspective it's just terrible.
    Recruiting becomes almost impossible - it's hard to explain to any skilled player, why would he waste his time on this, when the only good outcome he gets is some cheering on twitter and some good emotions after the kill. The only thing that still attracts people to such guilds is "boosting" (and it's gonna be the last paragraph), because selling M+ and raid runs for a real life money helps every top guild to at least get some cash for what they do."

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...nd_some_other/

I knew i read this recently, this is a statement from fucking EXORSUS, quite recent to. Yeah , aparently boost selling was the one thing still keeping the hardcore PvE scene alive.

>expect raiders to treat the game like a job
    >get angry when they make the game their job
    ??????????????

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking finally. This shit was getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    What I thought was interesting is that they say "gold" runs are fine. Yet with the advent of the WoW tokens, gold has a real currency value. So really whats the difference there, if gold has has a $ value surely its pretty much the same thing?
    You get battle.net balance but you can't transfer it to your bank. So the $ stay at Blizz.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

I don't care who specifically got banned, I'm just curious as to which top guilds received bans. Any word?

Deleted
    The service sellers and multiboxers are the reason WoW has less active "human" subscribers every day.
    Have you ever thought,just thought,by removing them and severely punish any kind of these actions,will actually increase the numbers of active subs?
    Instead of focusing on PvE/PvP Aspects of the game, players are pretty much forced into buying these kind of services. Bring back the Guild System that was in Pandaria, that worked great,kept guilds together and active. Now everyone has a 5man or 10man guild mostly for boosting and selling crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    "The sad thing is - PvE top scene is slowly dying. Remember the times when getting into top 10 of the world was something you dreamed of as a hardcore guild? Now it's more of a question if you have 20 people to stay online for 14+ hours for 1 week.
    Split raids are killing top guilds too. Progressing in Mythic difficulty is fun, but leveling 6 characters, farming legendaries, AP, gear on them to make 6 splitraids on heroic week is not. The reason such things still exists is understandable - heroic week is a "1 more PTR test week" for developers, where they can fix bugs, tune classes and so on, however from top guild perspective it's just terrible.
    Recruiting becomes almost impossible - it's hard to explain to any skilled player, why would he waste his time on this, when the only good outcome he gets is some cheering on twitter and some good emotions after the kill. The only thing that still attracts people to such guilds is "boosting" (and it's gonna be the last paragraph), because selling M+ and raid runs for a real life money helps every top guild to at least get some cash for what they do."

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...nd_some_other/

I knew i read this recently, this is a statement from fucking EXORSUS, quite recent to. Yeah , aparently boost selling was the one thing still keeping the hardcore PvE scene alive.
    A statement from Exorsus does not reflect the experience of all raiders. Nor does it defend breaking ToS rules.

Also, boost selling does not keep the hardcore PvE scene alive. What incentive does it give to the boosted players? Why sell boosts when they can simply subtract players from their pool of 20 to keep the "hardcore" vibe?

It's not the hardcore scene that comes off as inactive. It's the replay value.

Edit: Exorsus post refers to guild recruitment and Mythic raid requirements. It doesn't give actual insight as to why they exploit the product other than "we sell service for cash". It's one thing to sell runs for gold, but that's not the case.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-03-08 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    This has been going on for over a decade. Not sure if people got carried away and drew too much attention or if Blizzard is just paying more attention to this.
    Exactly this..... The people who got banned here were the ones who were full blatant spamming trade talking about skype in game ect.....

There are guild right now that have been selling $$$ carries for 5+years without ever having 1 player banned.... These guilds/players will continue to sell because they are smart. to be honest I doubt Blizzard will ever care enough to go after these operations because it would take some work outside of game and blizzard doesn't do that (Just loot at how long projectcarry got away selling CM's even having his toon named ProjectCarry) and he was banned once in 2 full expansions making close to 6 figures a year from what ive heard.....

But regardless blizzard isn't gonna ban an exorsus or method or Blood Legion (was huge into sales when around) Regardless of how well known it is they take cash for raid.... These ban waves are to clear up trade chat of people spamming without care...
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-03-08 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sockzz View Post
    >expect raiders to treat the game like a job
    >get angry when they make the game their job
    ??????????????
    a job is a "paid position of regular employment". wow is a game - just because you funnel 40 hours a week does not equate it to a job, its a hobby at best. you can make money by playing it, by streaming it or by making shitty youtube videos, but the purpose remains ENTERTAINMENT, not generating cash flow for u. no game developer gets up in the morning thinking "i wonder how can i enable my players to make money out of my game", except for diablos real money auction house developers.

and even in tbc/wotlk gold carries qualified as bannable offense but they changed the game policy because its hard to track and prove beyond doubt.

Deleted
    If its true it should hit some Serenity Method Exorsus etc Members and many more

Deleted
    This makes me so mad. Last week somebody offered a full Night Hold clear for 250k gold in trade chat. I purchased this boost but when i traded the player 250k I was removed from the raid group and removed from his battle net friends list and /ignored. When i made a ticket i was told this.

"As we talked about during the webchat here since these kind of paid help with dungeons or achievement are not supported from our side we cannot give back any gold spent on the activity.

We will still treat it as a scam and take the appriopriate action on the player that did this to you but other then that we cannot get any gold back. "

I've since spoken with the scamming player and he's apologised to me and he said he received a 1 day ban and they removed 250k gold from his account. If that kind of activity is "perfectly legitimate" why did they not return the gold to me instead of telling me they simply don't support these kind of boost?. They're saying It's Perfectly legitimate to sell boost for in game currency but the players buying those boost are at risk of simply just losing their gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Robmmo View Post
    This makes me so mad. Last week somebody offered a full Night Hold clear for 250k gold in trade chat. I purchased this boost but when i traded the player 250k I was removed from the raid group and removed from his battle net friends list and /ignored. When i made a ticket i was told this.

"As we talked about during the webchat here since these kind of paid help with dungeons or achievement are not supported from our side we cannot give back any gold spent on the activity.

We will still treat it as a scam and take the appriopriate action on the player that did this to you but other then that we cannot get any gold back. "

I've since spoken with the scamming player and he's apologised to me and he said he received a 1 day ban and they removed 250k gold from his account. If that kind of activity is "perfectly legitimate" why did they not return the gold to me instead of telling me they simply don't support these kind of boost?. They're saying It's Perfectly legitimate to sell boost for in game currency but the players buying those boost are at risk of simply just losing their gold.
    You should probably always check what kind of guild those people are in. If they call it "mythic raiding guild" and are 3/10m that means nothing at all. Those bosses past the 20-man requirement are easier then Heroic Guldan. There is almost no risk if you buy from more higher profile guilds. We would for example never fuck over our reputation for a mere 600k gold

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Blizzard took too long to take action that players thought it was acceptable.
    False. Blizzard taking a long time might have encouraged the offenders to become brazen in the belief that they would get away with it. Trying to argue that their inaction was a sign of tacit approval is just disingenuous. These assholes knew exactly what they were doing, they knew it was wrong, but they thought the risk was low enough to take a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmmo View Post

They stopped tracking all trades done with gold unless they're via the Auction House.

Which reminds me... the PayPal service is now rejecting refunds too.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-03-08 at 10:07 AM.