Thread: Top Player Bans

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I know for a fact that guilds even in top30 are doing this. Problem is bigger than you might expect.
    Also account sharing is very common among these guilds.

Deleted
    Pretty sure Openness got hit hard, their recruitment message on wowprogress was 'wts xx, Skype x'

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    i know for a fact that guilds even in top30 are doing this. Problem is bigger than you might expect.
    Also account sharing is very common among these guilds.
    thank you captain obvious!

There will always be a loop whole, A streamer who I won't name has been giving "boost" runs in RBG / EN / NH mythic to the top donation.

Seen somewhere (think Icy Veins on Facebook?) it was 8 day bans. But I don't really understand what was wrong with boosting for real money yet boosting for gold is fine, considering you can buy gold for real life money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    There will always be a loop whole, A streamer who I won't name has been giving "boost" runs in RBG / EN / NH mythic to the top donation.
    Can't wait for people like this to get banned! (won't happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Seen somewhere (think Icy Veins on Facebook?) it was 8 day bans. But I don't really understand what was wrong with boosting for real money yet boosting for gold is fine, considering you can buy gold for real life money.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait for people like this to get banned! (won't happen)
    Boosting for in game gold is fine because blizzard is able to assist any issues that come up, this can't be done if you use outside of the game methods. if you buy a boost run for 1mil gold and you pay then don't get invited you can report it to blizzard, they will see you got scammed and refund you. if you buy it for $$ and you get scammed blizzard is limited to what they can do.

No permaban? Again Blizzard is too scared to lose subs. Current level of subs must be very low.

Well now that Blizzard sells gold this cuts into their profits.

Your $$$ --> going directly to a guild? BAN.
    Your $$$ --> going to Blizzard and then the gold you bought going to the guild? A okay, enjoy the run!
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see the problem with sell runs, can someone explain why that is bad?

People buying obviously care about the game and they are solid customers.

People selling also have to pay subscriber fees. If they can make IRL money with a game they pay for, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You really think that money are spread between all raiders, how cute
    They are or why the fuck would the raiders agree to carry random shitters? O this week we are carrying the GM's 45th random friend for fun xd!

The GM of Drive was stealing from the guild and when people found out the guild insta died.
    Hi Sephurik

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I just don't see the problem with sell runs, can someone explain why that is bad?

People selling also have to pay subscriber fees. If they can make IRL money with a game they pay for, why not?
    Because being able to extract real money from the game attracts all the wrong kind of scum and villainy who will happily do all sorts of shitty things that ruin the game for other people in order to get more money. For example, a lot of real money boosts were sold by middlemen who were goldfarmers. You pay $$ to goldfarmer, goldfarmer gives gold to boosting guild. But what the goldfarmer does to get the gold (botting, account stealing etc) is cancer to the game.

Also, people selling can sell for gold and use it to buy tokens to pay their subs.

Anyone calling for a permaban is crazy, this is a well worded post by Blizz saying flat out that this is a warning shot against the TOS-breaking that EVERY top guild (whether it be real money sales or account shares) does. Every single one. And has for like the better part of a decade, minimum (Account sharing goes back to like EverQuest days, wow raid sales are more of a wrath and onward thing at that penetration though). I have no problem with them putting their foot down finally, but it would be asinine to just ban people for an extended period when they've literally looked the other way since the launch of the game. The reality is, these rules are set to reduce the CS headaches and scams blizz needs to deal with, and top guilds generally haven't been the ones causing those issues, but it's also become more and more widespread over time, and the brokering aspect has gotten huge over the past 4 years or so as well. It doesn't surprise me they're finally stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    They are or why the fuck would the raiders agree to carry random shitters? O this week we are carrying the GM's 45th random friend for fun xd!

The GM of Drive was stealing from the guild and when people found out the guild insta died.
    Anyone not cutting in their guildies was probably still throwing money in the gbank, and just not telling anyone that they were getting actual cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

because if you get scammed blizzard can't help you. They can if you use wow gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Oh, if that's it, they'll be happy for the break, and doesn't effect progression in the slightest.
    I see this being a warning shot. With another, bigger ban wave coming shortly before the next progression race for maximum impact.

That's how I would do it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    even if they got perma banned, it wouldnt fix the problem cause its only socials in the top guilds who get banned, if you want names like method, serenity and stuff above your character just offer to find them deals. honestly its disgusting what these top guilds have to do to stay competitive. account sharing? pretty much anyone in top 10 are required to offer their account up in a pool.

What the hell are you even talking about? Maybe you have the wrong thread. This is about selling in-game boosts for irl money.

'disgusting'

War crimes are disgusting. Chalk and cheese is disgusting. What the top guilds do is a bit different. For a start, they don't have their accounts in a pool. If someone has an alt with rediculous legendary RNG and titanforged gear, then it gets put on a seperate account and played by someone else in the guild. Not strictly legit, but certainly not relevant to selling boosts for IRL cash either.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    The 7 day ban is probably a warning shot, Blizzard got so lax with punishing this sort of thing that they felt it worth putting out a "oh hi, we see what you're doing there - stop it".

I expect subsequent offences to be far more heavily punished, and any of those caught would be naive to think anything different.
    I agree. Coming out with immedaite perma bans would have been stupid. It's better to suggest individuals change their behaviour first with a considered warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post

HeyGuys

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    Anyone not cutting in their guildies was probably still throwing money in the gbank, and just not telling anyone that they were getting actual cash.
    Yeah that's what the GM of Drive was doing. Taking RL money and paying the raiders with gold but he stopped paying them and had all kinds of random excuses. Something to that effect. There are screenshots and shit around the forums I'm sure.
    Guild died real fast when they found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Hm, in the real world, this would be entrapment and a cause for dismissing the charges. Guess it's different in the Blizzarchy.
    This would be more like a sting, not entrapment. For Blizzard to entrap them, the Blizzard person would had to have "convinced" the guild in question to sell to them. Clearly these guilds were offering the services prior to any potential sting, so it's not really entrapment if someone gets the "service" to confirm it's real.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Let's be fair, selling runs hurts the game much less than botting does.
    Let's see your evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    Let's see your evidence?
    Obviously there isn't any hard evidence - which I doubt any of us can provide unless someone here is Blizzard employee in secret. I can give you my arguments, but it will ultimately be biased. I'm actually not even sure if even Blizzard can give any solid proof that selling runs hurts the game more than botting (or the other way around).

Still, just consider it: if selling runs actually hurts the game more than botting, Blizzard would have taken actions or at very least set any kind of terms / rules against selling run a long time ago. Selling runs was only considered "unsupported transaction", and you can find a lot of blue posts in regards to unsupported transaction vs prohibited transaction, for example, this one when someone asked why couldn't he reported a guild that was selling runs and cheat him out of it:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment (Blue Tracker)

We can't force them to do this, Êleganza.

If you can't put it in a trade window, it's probably an unsupported transaction. Unsupported transactions may not technically be against any rules, but we cannot assist if a player arrangement such as that goes South.
    The fact that Blizzard doesn't take any action, and actually accept selling runs for in-game gold is proof that they don't have much issue again it. In this case, they took action because it was selling runs for real life money. It's the "real life money" part that mattered, not the "selling runs".
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-03-08 at 01:37 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.