Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Justice Gaze buffed on PTR

Paladin
    Justice Gaze Hammer of Justice deals 600% Holy damage, generates 1 Holy Power, and has 75% reduced cooldown when used against an enemy above 75% health.

Does anyone have a solid idea how much impact this buff is on the legendary? But please remember this is only on PTR.

The main problem I see is the chunk of mastery on this item.
    Last edited by mmoc837e89e126; 2017-03-08 at 10:33 AM.

Even if it generates one HP, it is still garbage. And the main problem is not the mastery, but the design as itself. This item needs a massive overhaul, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by wartank View Post

Thats the only problem you see with it?

cuz my issue with it was, since it was the first leggo i got, it just hindered me in getting a leggo that is actually usefull

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    More of a compensation for the global used to get the stun down. Instead of hitting a zeal u can as well hit a hammer. Probably more damage done by the hammer and also one hop . Don't see any change in lego combo list only a slight change of prio in casting abilities . That's something no one will sit down and do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Thats the only problem you see with it?

cuz my issue with it was, since it was the first leggo i got, it just hindered me in getting a leggo that is actually usefull
    People have to understand that not every legendary needs to be Bis (particularly dps wise). For me and many people, the reason why people still chose to use some utility legendary is because players using them as a stats stick.

It will be un-realistic and over-ambitious to expect this legendary going to be competitive with say... Chain of Thrayn. As long as it is a good stats stick and even with his gimmick effect, I will consider it as a good change.
    Last edited by mmoc837e89e126; 2017-03-08 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    Which might be a non-issue in 7.2., seeing how they are basically buffing blade of wrath and making it benefit from mastery also.
    OFC i don't have any numbers to back this up yet, but let's see what time brings.

The issue i have with it is how the stun still is the primary effect and the damage the secondary; thus hitting an immune target will not cause damage (at least as far as i know). Now if they change that... then we are talking.

People have to understand that not every legendary needs to be Bis (particularly dps wise). For me and many people, the reason why people still chose to use some utility legendary is because players using them as a stats stick.

It will be un-realistic and over-ambitious to expect this legendary going to be competitive with say... Chain of Thrayn. As long as it is a good stats stick and even with his gimmick effect, I will consider it as a good change.
    Indeed; ret pally with ring+cloak+belt here... i kind of miss my bracers of immortality.

Oh, i understand that there are people who dont do the same content as i, and pretty much use the legendaries as stat sticks.

but given that the worst possible ret legendary you could get is the head, my point stands.

you are better off getting sephuz or Prydaz based on stats + effect.

also, from experience, when i still had to wear that head and they buffed it, i was solely using Hammer of justice for the sake of using it...

having a stun that also hits for a minor amount of damage in a 10yd range on a 10 sec CD is not usefull within the ret toolkit you allready have.

the only thing this legendary is good for, is being a placeholder.

Considering the damage only applies when used above 75% hp, I would assume the HP generation would too.

It's still going to be trash.

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    Considering the damage only applies when used above 75% hp, I would assume the HP generation would too.

It's still going to be trash.
    The damage applies no matter the %hp what changes is the cooldown. There is a "and" if u read it

it's only use is dumpstering people in world pvp, open with HoJ 10 sec later another HoJ gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    it's only use is dumpstering people in world pvp, open with HoJ 10 sec later another HoJ gg.
    If I had that helm thats all Id do is WPvP...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    It also boosts your displayed ilevel when worn in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Indeed; ret pally with ring+cloak+belt here... i kind of miss my bracers of immortality.
    Well why don't you use them then instead one of the big three if you miss them that much?

Quote Originally Posted by AoinoMiku View Post
    The damage applies no matter the %hp what changes is the cooldown. There is a "and" if u read it
    If you had this piece of trash and actually used it, you would know that you are wrong.

all effects caused by the helm is situational to 75%+ hp mobs. so it will be probable that the HoPo generation as well....

not that that makes aany difference...

Deleted
    I put my post as a new one (didnt nothice this one is already there ) but seems like the change is huge .Damage is changed to holly so it will be affected by our Judgment and also generates HP i think that combined with FoJ could be pretty strong choice for us

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetyac View Post
    Well why don't you use them then instead one of the big three if you miss them that much?
    Salty much?
    Have you never looked back at something you were fond of and felt nostalgia,... even knowing you will not be going back to it?

Before you ask: Yes, bracers were my 1st and only legendary for a pretty long time, with pre-buff belt being the 2nd one and helm being the 3rd... so i'm actually very familiar with running utility items.

Quote Originally Posted by Branaepmoran View Post
    I put my post as a new one (didnt nothice this one is already there ) but seems like the change is huge .Damage is changed to holly so it will be affected by our Judgment and also generates HP i think that combined with FoJ could be pretty strong choice for us
    Some food for thought:

If any of the tooltip effects is nulled - no effect will take place, So:

1. If a mob can't be stunned - this helm is useless.

2. If a mob is under 75% health - this helm is useless.

3. If a mob can deflect your stun - this helm is useless.

that said consider the following:

1. Bosses and elite mobs cannot be stunned.

2. If for any reason, your stun did not work it still has a 60 seconds CD (unless you go with the reduced CD Talent)

If you understand these facts you get to a point where the only things in wow that will be affected by this helm are world mobs (none Elite) and plyers above 75% health.

Mobs that will be affected by this helm have max 5.2mil health and mostly around 1-2mil health.

if your playstyle consists of solely killing off trash mobs one by one - then this helm is the go to lego for you.

cheers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    1. Bosses and elite mobs cannot be stunned.
    The bolded part is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If it is tuned properly it can work exactly as it is. It essentially needs to do enough damage to make up for losing the cloak to be viable. I don't know if that means it needs to do three times as much damage but at some tuning level it IS viable as long as it gives Holy Power.
    It's basically a mix of the Feral legs, which make Maim(CP spending stun) do a bunch of damage, and leather belt, which increases damage done above 90% target health. It'd need to do a pretty insane amount of damage to be worth it considering the health limitation(essentially it'd need to do as much damage as the cloak does, but be way more frontloaded considering how big the CDR is)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    Just *bleeping* redesign the ability as 'Avenging Wrath has 20% more duration' or 'Judgement, Blinding Light and Hammer of Justice gains 1HP' ffs Blizz..............

i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void