Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    About time that we throw 6 to 10 million people under the insurance bus? About time that we give a $600 billion tax break to, predominantly, the richest 0.1%?

Are people really advocating that it is good that hundreds of thousands of people should die and millions of people should suffer so that tens of thousands of people get to pay a little less in taxes?

And, for clarity, I can say with a great deal of confidence that no one on these boards will benefit from those tax breaks. No one here makes that much.

Wow. Just wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    And therin lies the problem with their philosophy. They want to, and feel entitled to, get more than they have paid for with healthcare.
    What choice do they have? Trump promised that his amazing plan (which he did not write, and this isn't it) would
    a) have insurance for everyone
    b) lower numbers and much lower deductibles, much less expensive
    c) much better, great health care

Those are all EXACT QUOTES.

The GOP is in a "box canyon" on health care. Trump promised the impossible. Now they have to deliver it, because Trump can't be bothered to write the health care plan that he said he had a year ago.

It's scary how much Trump subtlety manipulates people.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...68048313929729

1 little tweet puts Paul on the spot in front of his entire party to cave into something he thinks is wrong.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What choice do they have? Trump promised that his amazing plan (which he did not write, and this isn't it) would
    a) have insurance for everyone
    b) lower numbers and much lower deductibles, much less expensive
    c) much better, great health care

Those are all EXACT QUOTES.

The GOP is in a "box canyon" on health care. Trump promised the impossible. Now they have to deliver it, because Trump can't be bothered to write the health care plan that he said he had a year ago.
    The choice they have is to be honest, admit that Trump doesn't have a cooking clue and admit that actually the ACA is a good system that at best needs some tweaks, not some Obomination (see what I did there) that Americans need to get riled up about.

In short, their alternative choice is to swallow their misplaced pride and start acting in the actual best interests of Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    1 little tweet puts Paul on the spot in front of his entire party to cave into something he thinks is wrong.
    After some review, apparently Trump was saying back in October that he wanted Congress to hand him a bill, Even before he was elected, he was distancing himself from actually having to write a health care plan.

This changes nothing about his Jan 17th interview in which he made all those promises I linked above. As you suggested, he's just looking to not be blamed. Trump refuses to admit he made a mistake, and I suggest that includes "asking for the impossible".

It doesn't have a prayer of passing in either House or Senate.

It was just so stupid...GOP are showing their true colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Indeed.

Mostly due to Medicare. Older people actually vote and AARP is vehemently opposed to the bill because it promises to both raise the prices for elderly and diminish their coverage.

That's a no-go in US politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't have a prayer of passing in either House or Senate
    Ryan said he would have the 218 House votes needed pass the bill.

"When this thing comes to the floor, we'll have 218," Ryan said. "I can guarantee you that."

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    It's scary how much Trump subtlety manipulates people.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...68048313929729

Trump understands cognitive dissonance, because he has worked in front of cameras all of his life. He uses a level of persuasion that crosses moral and ethic grounds of many hypnotists.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to agree.

The tax credits portion is going to sink it. Democrats will argue it is not enough to cover enough people and hard line Republicans are against tax credits exclusively as they see it as a backdoor way of expanding coverage for lower income people.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Er, if Obamacare abbreviated to ACA, and the new Americare abbreviates to ACA, won't that cause confusion? Or was that done deliberately for the people of people who didn't know Obamacare = ACA?
    Or people sufficiently detatched from the matter to appreciate the irony I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post

They really need to get out of their left-wing bubble over at the National Review. Sean Spicer has already offered his expert analysis:
    I think I'm literally going to die of laughter in the next four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    By contrast, members of the top 0.1 percent, who each on average make more than $3.75 million annually, would get an average tax cut of $165,090.
    They can finally afford that new ivory back scratcher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ryan said he would have the 218 House votes needed pass the bill.

"When this thing comes to the floor, we'll have 218," Ryan said. "I can guarantee you that."
    Is that Ryan's version of "...believe me"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    job creators
    job creators

god damn
    job creators

why can't they just say the rich.
    Because they have to control the language and makes themselves look good, important and therefore untouchable.

job creators
    job creators

god damn
    job creators

They have to keep hammering in the doublespeak so you don't start to question it.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/r...e-jobs-2013-11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Er, if Obamacare abbreviated to ACA, and the new Americare abbreviates to ACA, won't that cause confusion? Or was that done deliberately for the people of people who didn't know Obamacare = ACA?
    ACA = Obamacare.

AHCA = Trumpcare.

They couldn't even come up with an original name, plagiarizing the name pronounced "aca".

"Rich people create jobs...in other countries to take advantage of slave labor."

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Well for me it can't get much worse.

Even just repealing it without any replacement would be a good thing for me. Not necessarily for some other people perhaps, but I'm hopeful that it's gonna be solid.
    So you just approve of anything the republican party comes out with, without actually understanding it or even just reading it?
    I'm sorry to say this and I mean no disrespect but... that is both dangerous and stupid.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Because taxes arent supposed to be used for healthcare. They are supposed to be used for national defense, infrastructure, and law enforcement
    Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States.

Pretty clear cut to me.

Which, by the way, "welfare" in this context is "the health, happiness, and fortunes of a person or group."
    Last edited by Annoying; 2017-03-08 at 03:18 PM.

"Insurance they don't want and can't afford"

They don't want it because they can't afford it. If health insurance was $1 a month, everyone would have it. The only people saying "I don't want health insurance!" are the same Libertarians that don't want the USDA inspection their food for botulism because "Gubmint."
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States.

Pretty clear cut to me.

Which, by the way, "welfare" in this context is "the health, happiness, and fortunes of a person or group."
    The underscore is to make it 'Americans'. I know it's what you mean, but if you don't use Orlong's vernacular, it's like speaking a different language.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

job creators
    job creators

god damn
    job creators

Because the majority of jobs are in small businesses. And you don't really call the guy owning the grocery down the street "rich"
    "Small businesses provide 55% of all jobs and 66% of all net new jobs since the 1970s" Source

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Because the majority of jobs are in small businesses. And you don't really call the guy owning the grocery down the street "rich"
    "Small businesses provide 55% of all jobs and 66% of all net new jobs since the 1970s" Source
    So if the business is so small and so poor that it can't provide its employees health insurance... How exactly are you expecting said employees to afford their own insurance?

Also its hilarious that you think Joe Small Business owner gets his taxes reduced and uses it to make new jobs, pay his employees more, etc... Spoiler Alert: That doesn't fucking happen. Look at Kansas. They cut taxes on the "job creators"... The result? No new jobs AT ALL and the state government is in a budget crisis from the lost revenue. The "job creators" took their rich people welfare, put it in the bank, and called it a day.