Enhance and Legendaries, what to wear.

Hey y'all, so i got myself some legendaries and i was wondering what to wear on certain fights, so lets see if i'm right
    Ring (EotTN) is BiS on any situation, AoE / cleave / Single target
    Second best legendary for Single target atm is the Lust head, second best legendary for AoE fight is the chest (+10% damage) or the trinket when there are a lot of adds that needs to die quickly.

The thing is, how much better is the chest over the head? on fights like mythic botanist or elisandre when there are the 3 adds stacked the chest gets a decent uptime but not 100% uptime, on those situations, would the BL head be better?

Also, for trinkets, i have a heroic Fond which does 1-4% of my damage and i don't like to use it, at all. Mythic 880 BTI, it seems i wont replace it anytime son, i also have a 885 memento and i just got my hands on the normal elisandre trinket (COF) with socket, my damage increased quite a bit with the CoF, i also just got a mythic arcano digit from box, so for pretty much everything i would use the BTI and CoF, right? or is any fight that any of the other trinkets i mentioned is better? my relics is 2 wind strikes and 1 +% boulderfist / flametongue damage, 890-900, can't seem to drop a xavius fire relic to get 3 wind strikes.

thnx for the input, and plz don't just tell me to Sim it, i want your opinion on base to base fights and would like some personal experience. just got CoF tonight and it is great. 40-70 secs CD GW is awesome, no more maelstrom starve
    Can play any flavor of the month ;P
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...furie/advanced

Deleted
    There is no other answer to trinkets except for "sim it", and there should never be. But the jist of those discussions would be "Frond is a single target only trinket that scales with wind strike relics", "BTI is amazing", "CoF is very nice and allows for more flexibility", "Arcanodigit lul (simply because it won't outscale BTI on cleave or aoe)".

As for legendaries, yes, you generally keep the ring, however, everything else is extremely situational. I personally think that our legendaries have the correct power level that other ones should be brought down to.
    Here's an example sim of one target legendaries for my own character:
    Keep in mind that the effect of stat sticks depends on your alternatives (ie I have a 915 chest so the legendary one isn't a strong stat stick for my character).

Helm is the overall best legendary because it helps your dps during the important part of the fight where you lust. It shines on bosses like tichondrius, botanist, spellblade, augur, pretty much everything. Furthemore, there's some room for "clever use of game mechanics" with prelusting and swapping in another legendary on bosses like krosus.

Chest - don't have one, but it looks strong on certain bosses, regardless of padding and useless damage. However, keep in mind that some of the actual hard dps checks in current fights don't have 3 targets present (ie botanist, the only dps check of the fight is Phase 3 and you only have 1 target. Wearing chest instead of another legendary on botanist is pure padding).

Trinket
    - also don't have one, but it looks like it can improve on our main weakness - burst AoE. Would wear one for spellblade, but it suffers greatly when compared to what it brings over BTI/CoF.

Boots
    are a very good fallback/swap legendary. Almost every encounter has some brief periods of downtime that effectively give you a fresh set of wolves (hiding behind spikes on tichondrius, elisandre rings, bridge break and soaks on Krosus). Furthemore, there is an interesting interaction between CoF+Spiritual journey. If you get a CoF proc while in ghost wolf, it will take off 5 seconds off the adjusted cooldown, effectively taking off 30 actual seconds. This can often happen after a period of dps downtime or during a feral lunge.

Sephuz
    - most underrated legendary. While the stats on it aren't best for us, the effect is amazing. There are plenty of stun/interrupt opportunities in Nighthold, which allows you to swap this in. Perfect example would be Krosus, where stunning the fresh spawned adds allows you to both get a dps boost and a sprint to get back to the boss.

Prydaz - on par with any other stat stick legendary (and NH necks are really underwhelming) while also providing an absolutely huge survivability boost. This is THE legendary to wear on a progression of a new boss.

Roots - this is our best stat stick legendary. Considering that high ilvl tier pants are hard to get, there's merit of using it on some fights. After the buffs the heal is also very potent if you can refrain from ADADA.

Belt - meh. There are no 2 target encounters that would allow it to shine, all the available encounters right now also often have a 3rd target to proc chest, making the belt obsolete.

Bracers - not worth discussing right now.
    Last edited by mmocd0828b0993; 2017-03-07 at 10:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    shamans r so cool

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Thnx for the imput! I would like to use my helm but my chest piece is a 880 helya chest, so i don't think that my gear allows the helm to be too great (since my off helm is 900).
    As for trinkets, keep BTI and CoF alwayss, i guess. might swap to a high lvl Fond on pure ST fight

Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    ie botanist, the only dps check of the fight is Phase 3 and you only have 1 target. Wearing chest instead of another legendary on botanist is pure padding
    Im assuming you mean Mythic Mode, as phase 3 of Heroic Botanist is where the chest shines.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creekz View Post
    Im assuming you mean Mythic Mode, as phase 3 of Heroic Botanist is where the chest shines.
    Yes, in mythic mode you start the fight with 3 present, and kill each of them slowing making it harder when the last one remains.

Roots are best for pug. Not because you don't care about how your healers are stupid, not because you need to move less and tunnel more and it's forgiving.

It makes kicks from raid becoming pleasure and respect instead of shame and rage. Roots will make you get kicked because, for example, you can join to guild progress run and die on Krosus hc 20s after last alive, main tank ))))

Seriously - what bl helm and ring for, if you are dead. With roots you are almost immortal.

Interupt ring >>> lust helm.

If you can get 2 interupt buff per fight then it will give 30s lust.

Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post

If you can get 2 interupt buff per fight then it will give 30s lust.
    Not quite, 2 procs would net 20 seconds of +25%, but the item stats is another thing to watch out for, sephuz is heavy crit and low haste while head is heavy mastery low crit. But yes, Sephuz don't get as much love as it should, since the change its quite nice.

As for the boots, they are awesome in world content and in higher M+, keep swaping gear to get boots > ghost wolf > swap to chest, pretty nice.
    and for some reason CoF always seem to proc while on ghost wolf, every time ti try to get 1-2 melee hit in ghost wolf it procs on the first hit, thats odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    Why not both?
    Any boss where you lust on start you can push lust <0.5 sec before pull with your prepot and equip a different legendary (you will keep the extended bloodlust).
    My macro for that is just:
    /use potion of prolonged power
    /cast heroism
    /equipset sephuz

Why not both?
    Any boss where you lust on start you can push lust <0.5 sec before pull with your prepot and equip a different legendary (you will keep the extended bloodlust).
    /cast heroism
    /equipset sephuz
    same with boots thing. To be really good as Enh you have to use those kind macros

The Shaman Legendary helmet Uncertain Reminder is fantastic in comparison to the others with Bloodlust/Heroism lasting for such a longer duration. I also have the ring which is great and has a socket.. I had the boots but they were nothing like the others.

Why not both?
    /cast heroism
    /equipset sephuz
    But wont the entire raid be sated?

@psyched
    Read again
    Any boss where you lust on start you can push lust <0.5 sec before pull