Thread: LFR Guldan

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think two wipes? Which is nothing really considering we wiped to him at least a dozen times on Heroic before we downed him. Oh no, a couple wipes in LFR, those uncoordinated players who have never seen the fight before are so terrible. The horror.

I think the most obnoxious people in LFR are the people that raid higher and then shit talk the LFR players. It's funny to watch them almost have a stroke when it takes a few seconds for bloodlust to happen after they spam chat for it.

Remember when nobody would even *try* to do anything right on Garrosh until ten stacks? God help us all.

My group had no wipes, dps was mostly bad, around 300k, with 2 people carrying with 800-900k. About 6 dead people in the end, but it was one shot kill.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Lol, does nobody remembers Garalon? I think it was the most LFR destroyer they ever implemented. No Archimonde or anything managed to wipe LFR raids so much!
    Garalon was overtuned initially. It was fixed. They accidentally gave it the damage values of Normal or something if I recall. After that it was faceroll.

I defeated Gul'dan in Raid Finder yesterday morning, first thing when servers came up. No wipes, we one shot it and I had no difficulty with the encounter. I just built a new PC and had forgotten to install any add-ons, so I did it without DBM which was refreshing. No timers everywhere, no hand holding.

did it on three characters, 0 wipes.

One shot for me today.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I can't wait to go innnnnn. I've got normal G'D on easy farm, and got heroic G'D last week (I know I know, I'm a scrub) - But LFR.. going to be insaaaaaane Day1!
    TFW LFR Gul'Dan is harder than heroic because you have to deal with the Pleb Affix

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I made it to 4 before giving up
    Toilet paper raider XD

Zero wipes, first attempt... <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Garalon was overtuned initially. It was fixed. They accidentally gave it the damage values of Normal or something if I recall. After that it was faceroll.
    I don't remember that being the case. Yes he got nerfed, but only because he was causing so much damage in LFR that they had to do something not because of a bug that caused him to deal the same damage of normal mode. And they didn't nerf him right away, the nightmare lasted for a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I don't remember that being the case. Yes he got nerfed, but only because he was causing so much damage in LFR that they had to do something not because of a bug that caused him to deal the same damage of normal mode. And they didn't nerf him right away, the nightmare lasted for a good time.
    Actually they nerfed him pretty quickly. The damage was pretty much on par with Normal but his health values were tuned around LFR.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-08 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My group did it on our first try.
    Last edited by ATZenith; 2017-03-08 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furytime View Post
    MY group did it on our first try.
    We had 1 stack because people weren't nuking the eyes.

It's odd because LFR is for people who... don't raid. Even if the fight was out on Normal for 5 months it wouldn't matter. Why? Because a lot of LFR people don't ever even set foot in Normal. Also, a lot of people who are actually doing normal pug groups can't get past 3/10 let alone do the Gul'dan fight.

This. Most LFR people assume you can ignore mechanics. However, on Gul'dan you can't because those eyes will wipe you even in LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvstec
    Its because everyone thinks they are a unique snowflake and their departure means something. facebookbabies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah thankfully someone gave us a TLDR of the rundown. Was surprising easy.

Did it on 3 toons, 0 wipes total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you
    RIP Warrior Gladiator Build

I tend to only do LFR when my cache missions show up after we are done raiding for the week lol. How bad is Gul'dan on lfr with the window licker syndrome? WHich mechanics did they remove from the encounter?

1 wipe. People just needed that first easy one out of the way to see what not to die to the next time.

4 wipes is when you have enough determination stacks to do it.

it's the fucking empowered eyes. they don't die fast enough otherwise. such a shit mechanic tbh.

i liked the old days, when mechanics were more simple. when if a dps was taking damage, it was because they were bad and standing in avoidable shit. not because they want to make healers heal everyone instead of just the tanks.