Did Blizz just give Elemental a permanent pet on the PTR?

In the patch notes on the front page right now for the latest PTR build, the following spell change is listed for Elemental Shaman:

"Elemental
    Earth Elemental Calls forth a Greater Earth Elemental to protect you and your allies for 60 sec until cancelled. Shaman - Elemental Spec. 30 yd range. Instant. 5 min cooldown."

Is this Blizzard giving Elemental Shaman a permanent Earth Elemental a la Frost Mage's Frost Elemental?

If so, does this this change anything outside of open world questing (where having a tank pet will obviously be nice)?

EDIT: I'm at work so I cannot test this myself. If no one has figured it out before I get the opportunity, I'll import my Shaman to the PTR and test.

"for until cancelled" is a pretty common placeholder, so they might just be changing the duration and didn't settle on a number yet.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

A pet is really the last thing I want for when I play elemental. The threat output would have to be dropped to near nothing for it to be useful in any non-open world situation, minus the rare tank death "oh shit" button use it currently only has.

If this does get turned into a pet, the 5 minute cool down sounds like a sick joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    "for until cancelled" is a pretty common placeholder, so they might just be changing the duration and didn't settle on a number yet.
    I didn't realize that. Whatever they decide on in the end, I'm glad they're looking at it. As is, the Earth Elemental may as well not exist.

I don't think they'll get one ever as permanent pet. There must be something wrong about that tooltip.

I really wish blizz didnt use this placeholder for spell durations -_-

Doubtful we get a pet to be honest

"Until cancelled" just means there's no associated value for the tooltip. Might just be a backend change to how the spell works with no practical impact on gameplay.

in a raid tanks would hate you if you had a perma ele taunting all the adds

Literally every single new patch some spell value is datamined as "until cancelled" and literally every time it is a data mining error.

Deleted
    I wouldn't be opposed to it... at least for leveling.

They better let us cast CL while moving.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it is; "Earth Elemental Calls forth a Greater Earth Elemental to protect you and your allies for 60 sec OR until cancelled."

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    in a raid tanks would hate you if you had a perma ele taunting all the adds
    Pretty sure if Earth Ele became a permanent pet it would get a pet bar with the ability to turn its threat generation and taunts off the way basically all permanent tanking pets do. I wouldn't say no to the change as long as it got pet UI elements so as to be usable. That said, until cancelled is what datamining picks up when there isn't duration information for the tooltip in the data which could signify any number of changes.

well duh lol, pretty standard stuff here =P