Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Charges for Dire Beast and Dire Frenzy should've been made baseline.

Shoulders should've just been the old increase duration of your next Dire Beast / Dire Frenzy by .X's for each Cobra Shot / Multi-Shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Sure of what? I didnt say it wasnt good. I said its not neccecary, it does not make or break the spec.

Or did you mean the ranking?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...c=BeastMastery
    See the dates.
    Aand should i care ?? there was arond 10 BMs with belts in rankings few weeks ago too.You cant just live now because someone somewhere get lucky and add shouldres to the belt and you are not rank 1 anymore.Beside that you dint compare your mighty rank to other classes...The first BM hunter is on position 96 and that is a dude with both shoulders and belt ilv 910.Well he made it week after you but you see my point

Sure of what? I didnt say it wasnt good. I said its not neccecary, it does not make or break the spec.

Or did you mean the ranking?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...c=BeastMastery
    See the dates.
    For most players it does make or break the spec though. You are an excellent player, and so you can't put your situation on everyone else. You have very very good gear, and 2 great BM legendaries, but for players who aren't in that position, they aren't viable without the shoulders. They aren't good enough.

And for a lot of hunters, they're MM and won't be going BM Until they have the shoulders. Being another make or break situation.

The shoulders ARE too strong, they need a nerf, but BM hunters need a buff alongside it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    Seems to me the mantle and belt legendaries for BM are quite a bit better than the other options. For the sake of balance do you think they should be nerfed to be a bit more in line with the rest? I just don't see why someone who is lucky enough to get both of them should have such a huge advantage over the have nots. Especially since it is a very real possibility that you may not ever get either one.
    And make BM even lower on the meters? Best solution ive heard this whole year so far!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    If the belt is nerfed anymore (it was already nerfed once), it will just become a stat stick. At some point, taking only 2 or 3 focus off an ability is meaningless because it won't net you an extra Kill Command in the BW window. Also, in 7.2 everyone will get focus reduction on cobra shot which is a big part of the belt. This will possibly make the belt less valuable relative to the others (it'll still be good).

Not sure how you nerf 1 charge of dire beast without completely redesigning the shoulders. But I'd be OK if they made 2 charges baseline and changed the shoulders to something else. This is highly unlikely for 7.2, and by the time 7.3 rolls around most raiding BM hunters will probably have shoulders through process of elimination at the current drop rates.

COTW could be brought back to 50% for BM spec, but the new Thunderslash trait in 7.2 will make these a bit more valuable. Apex was probably over nerfed... bringing it back to 7-8% would probably be a good balance. I don't expect either to change though.
    Most reasonable post about BM legendaries I've ever seen. Good job. Please do more quality posts on your website. I love your content.

Obviously the value of legendaries changes per fight, but its a fact that the mantle of command is BM's single strongest legendary and its synergy with specific talents, other legendaries and a change to crit priority make it even stronger.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...fo=Legendaries

You can see from the above its the highest performing legendary for BM, certainly not "make or break" but the difference between having it and not having it is significant provided the player adjusts their talents/gear choices to suit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    And make BM even lower on the meters? Best solution ive heard this whole year so far!
    So what you're saying is, you think it is acceptable that the class is balanced around these 2 legendaries. Totally fine that you may never get them dispite the tremendous gain BM receives from them? We shouldn't be baseline competitive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerothian View Post
    Chances are they will just break the set bonus somehow. Otherwise as you say, you'd have people just using old TF'd gear.
    They never do that in the same expansion. They'll buff the new tiers until the point you can't justify using T19 anymore. They also said they think 2set + 4set combinations is interesting for next tier, and that it's a good trade off compared to wearing a legendary instead of a 2set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    We shouldn't be baseline competitive?
    Thats the words i was looking for

6 legendaries later and I still don't have either shoulders or belt. But hey RNG is fun... right Blizz? =.=

Have the belt, BM dps is ONLY balanced around having Mantle and at least one of the other top legos. Blizz probably should change mantle's effect and make 2 charge dire beast baseline.

God damn God damn God damn God damn itttttttttttttttttttttttttt i got my 7th last night and still no mantle ! Mantle, Qa'Pla and trinket left for me

Shoulders should be baseline and that's been obvious to everyone except Blizzard since they were first seen on the PTR.

At this point it's utterly ridiculous for those of us having to play BM without them that the spec is so much better with an RNG drop that we might not get for another 6 months.

it's not enough that we are already bottom of the pack, let's nerf BM's more
    why is nobody complaining about MM legendary items ? boots/belt/hands,etc .. i'm pretty sure they are more OP than the BM ones
    not even starting with other classes who have it way better than us ..

This blue post on mages Brain Freeze suggests that Blizzard are not a fan of adding charges/stacks to abilities.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...442812#post-11

We're hesitant to go straight to "Brain Freeze stacks 2 times." For one, we're just repeating Fingers of Frost at that point (which has gone from a proc to a sort of a pooled psuedo-resource). But also, this is how rampant power/complexity/pacing creep happens--always fixing a problem by adding a new mechanic that makes something a lot more powerful.

This worries me, when clearly the mantle has created power and fixed a problem by adding a new mechanic. Yet its somehow acceptable on an extremely rare item but not as a base class change. Causing it to be an "us vs them" issue in terms of whether you have the item or not.

To people saying that some BM hunters will never see the shoulder or belt legendaries. You will get them eventually. Within 6 months, the majority of those who raids will have all the legendaries. Add a couple of months and everyone have em all.

Does not change the fact that it sucks to get them late, but you'll get them within ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    To people saying that some BM hunters will never see the shoulder or belt legendaries. You will get them eventually. Within 6 months, the majority of those who raids will have all the legendaries. Add a couple of months and everyone have em all.

Does not change the fact that it sucks to get them late, but you'll get them within ToS.
    Not true b/c Blizz is adding more legendaries into the game.

If they didn't then yeah, I could probably get every single possible BM legendary in another 6 months. Currently I'm at 5 legendaries with no Shoulders. I've played a moderate amount, with roughly 1 month time between getting the next legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Not true b/c Blizz is adding more legendaries into the game.

If they didn't then yeah, I could probably get every single possible BM legendary in another 6 months. Currently I'm at 5 legendaries with no Shoulders. I've played a moderate amount, with roughly 1 month time between getting the next legendary.
    Its true, dont be so freakin pessimistic. In 7.2 they add profession legendaries only, so you have 8-12 months to get the rest. And even if they add more during ptr(they have said they won't) you still got 4-6 months.

If people could stop being so negative to everything..

The strongest legendary for BM are the shoulders, and i really don't see how they COULD get nerfed, they'd need reworking if they were to be changed.

I still firmly believe the BM shoulders legendary effect should just be made baseline and their current effect replaced with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Its true, dont be so freakin pessimistic. In 7.2 they add profession legendaries only, so you have 8-12 months to get the rest. And even if they add more during ptr(they have said they won't) you still got 4-6 months.

If people could stop being so negative to everything..
    I'm being realistic. 10% of people get the shoulders as their last legendary. And the time frame for getting 10 legs is maybe 1 year, which is a really really long time.