Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    Whatever country that is, sounds like an awfuly backward one. Not being able to sell something you own.. really?
    Well, i think that what he was trying to say is: "Try to buy a pack of Pepsi in a supermarket, and then start selling them one by one inside the supermarket".

This isn't the right way to go. Instead of selling the runs for USD they'll just sell the gold now. Everybody does that in the hardcore community. It's not abuse, it's something you earn the right to do whilst supporting a 13-year-old game which you've committed tens of thousands of hours for. It doesn't harm anyone, just removes one of the two steps of possibly being scammed (first buying gold, then buying boost). To be honest I never heard of anyone getting scammed, guilds care of their reputation.

On the other hand there are clearly Blizzard-affiliated gold vendors. Having reported the same person for four months in a row advertising gold services gets neither of you anywhere (except banned on the official forums for publishing his name).

Quote Originally Posted by Bulli85 View Post
    In one scenario, Blizzard doesn't get paid because Player A pays Player B directly. What Blizzard wants, is for Player A to pay Blizzard
    Blizzard is offering raid clearing runs? Good to know. Oh, wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I agree. Historically though Blizzard has had a history of not following the evidence trail past in game communication and logs aside from Overwatch. There has been a number of cases over the years of admittance of harassment and griefing on streams with no action from Blizzard. Admittedly there is more direct financial motivation for Blizzard in this case.
    What financial motivation? Blizzard gets paid for all the subs involved, whether they do the paid runs, or not. Blizzard does not offer dungeon/raid clears as a paid service, so what income are they protecting?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    What I thought was interesting is that they say "gold" runs are fine. Yet with the advent of the WoW tokens, gold has a real currency value. So really whats the difference there, if gold has has a $ value surely its pretty much the same thing?
    Because the rightful person is making money off the runs. Blizzard. After all it is their game.

Trying to find runs in the LFG tool when half of them were "gotcha" ads for paid runs was very annoying.

I hope blizzard bans them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    This isn't the right way to go. Instead of selling the runs for USD they'll just sell the gold now.
    No they won't. You can't convert gold to real money to pay your rent or whatever. The people selling real money raids are not interested in battle.net balance to buy a couple pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    No they won't. You can't convert gold to real money to pay your rent or whatever. The people selling real money raids are not interested in battle.net balance to buy a couple pets.
    Of course you can, you clearly haven't possessed a pool large enough. Either you sell it to these quality Chinese services or find a player-to-player market.

It's not abuse, it's something you earn the right to do whilst supporting a 13-year-old game which you've committed tens of thousands of hours for.
    Lol, entitlement much?

No, you earn no such right. The game has a ToS. You agreed to it. You are bound to abide by it.

There is no debate here. No justification to be made. You break the rules, you invite the risk of getting smacked down for it.

Or I guess by your logic, I should just get free groceries. After buying from them all these years and supporting their business, I'm now entitled to free food from them.

yeah, just use skype instead of battle net and you are save. Blizzard are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Or I guess by your logic, I should just get free groceries. After buying from them all these years and supporting their business, I'm now entitled to free food from them.
    You clearly can't read, buying off players isn't stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    Woooooooow you people are scary... wth? "The top guilds in the world were making a living off WoW. TO BAD! LET THEM STARVE!" - The WoW comunity O_o. You're endorsing the suffering of another human being you sick FUCKS!. Like this will pretty much kill the World First scene just because the GM's / Officers of those guilds COULD live off playing WoW thus could put the insane hours in to compete...

Also, the spin on this is... horrifying "something that was ok for the last decade is no longer ok because .... reasons. By the by it's still toooootaly ok guys if you pay us instead." Somewhere in the design document of Legion , written in golden letters with the popes piss is "just do the oposite of everything players were used to since vanila". I've seen blizzard do some questionable shit in the past but this .... ow this is in a whole new level... fuckin speechles.
    Using real money to purchase anything has never been "ok" or "acceptable". They ban(and/or remove bought gold from) players who buy gold from 3rd party sites, have ever since Vanilla. They're just taking it the next step further and banning people who think they're entitled to something extra just because they devote more time into the game. This is a video game, this isn't a job, this isn't a career. If they want to eat, if they want to have a roof, let them get a real job just like anyone else.

This isn't "questionable shit", this is them finally taking steps to knock the top guilds off their high horse, especially after Exorsus made that statement on how they feel Blizzard should pay top guilds to play their raid content. So sorry that I'm not sorry that Blizzard is finally doing what's right for the game.

Deleted
    What ppl are actually profitting from this?

Boosters (hardcore players)? nope, casuals? nope
    For what player is this good? it will only result in less players between raid because why rerun stuff when you may not boost ppl for a little profit.

They banned dummy account mostly I'm sure, maybe a few idiots with their real accounts, this isn't going to do much overall. Maybe it will lessen the overt advertising that has been going on big time in the past 2 expansions, like gold selling was in Vanilla/TBC, before blizz really started cracking down and went after glider legally. Basically people will have to stop over advertising or figure out a clever way to convert gold to money...like I don't know selling game tokens or buying stuff for people at a lower trade level, or changing gold to cash in some fashion. It isn't going to kill shit.

Kill the world first raid scene because they can't sell boosts for RL cash, doubtful. Maybe blizz knows they can do this, cause the world first scene doesn't really do much for Blizzard anyways, no one plays because of the world first scene besides those guys and if the only incentive is to make money, there are better ways to do it than world first raid scene. Other games, other job courses etc. World first raiding isn't going to be the thing that brings in the big stacks of gaming cash unless they all finally agree to just stream it, as that is going to be the only way to make proper money in the world first scene without waiting for someone to pay real life cash for you to run them through something.

They are trying to scratch out a living in a pretty narrow market that has very few possibilities for revenue streams. Blizz cracked down to get paid and because people got to bold. It was over looked before because it wasn't nearly as insane as going into the group finder, an in game blizzard tool, and seeing an entire list of people breaking the ToS. Gotta be a little more clever, and how many of those are really world first people and not just decent players who can make a carry group for a 15, Nightbane, drag you through Mythic EN/ToV, cause lets face it a Mythic NH isn't for sale that often at this point.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2017-03-08 at 07:13 PM.

You clearly can't read, buying off players isn't stealing.
    LOL

Sorry no.

Clearly you can't analogy.

Here's another one for you since you're taking a semantic tidbit from mine to try to shoot down my argument:

"Considering how much money I spend on medicine every month, I've earned the right by now to resell my extra meds for some cash on the side."

Or how about a revised version of my original analogy:

"After buying groceries from this store all these years and supporting their business, I've earned the right to stand in front of their store and re-sell my groceries to people."

BUT more importantly, whether you process my analogies or not, the ToS is still the ToS and exchanging game services for real money is still breaking the rules.

Your welcome to not like that the ToS prohibits this, but then your choice is to not sign (and therefore not play), or sign and accept the consequences if you break the ToS.

Deleted
    The hypocrisy in this thread is staggering. With mounts and pets on sale, paid boosts, gold available for sale - which then can be used to purchase gear, the game integrity has long gone. If you accept any of that shite, then why the hell should someone selling boosts through raids for real money bother you?

Its the same old story, if Blizzard cant profit from it they take action against it, but of course its OK to do it for in game gold because there a potential for them to profit from it.

All these fanboys hiding behind the "ToS" and "Blizzard is a business" bollocks seem to forget that its them they are taking the piss out of along with every player stupid enough to still play this shell of a once great game.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    The hypocrisy in this thread is staggering. With mounts and pets on sale, paid boosts, gold available for sale - which then can be used to purchase gear, the game integrity has long gone. If you accept any of that shite, then why the hell should someone selling boosts through raids for real money bother you?

Its the same old story, if Blizzard cant profit from it they take action against it, but of course its OK to do it for in game gold because there a potential for them to profit from it.

All these fanboys hiding behind the "ToS" and "Blizzard is a business" bollocks seem to forget that its them they are taking the piss out of along with every player stupid enough to still play this shell of a once great game.
    Sigh... the big difference is that you can put money in, not take money out. E.g. Your guild offers 100K gold to run toons though a raid. You do a lot of these so you buy 10 WoW tokens, which you use to add $150 to your Blizzard balance... then what? You buy a ton of hearthstone cards??

I haven't played in a while, but from what I'm gathering the worst part about this business was how spammy it was on chat/group finder? Yeah, it's a stupid idea to announce publicly that you're doing something that breaks the TOS, they should've just kept it hush hush and done it on the sly. This has been going on for multiple expansions now, anyway, I remember runs being sold for real life currency back in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    I see someone is salty that they can't easily make money in their parent's basement anymore.

Time to dust off daddy's suit and find a real job, kiddo.
    Ow i see the classic ad hominem... my turn? something something... you stink? I a living just fine as a paralegal thanks, i just don't happen to own you're particular brand of highhorse i'm afraid... at least i'd never condone dissmissing someones livelyhood out of hand because.... what? trade chat / group finder annoy you? well get a decent enough guild and you won't even notice trade anymore and as far as group finder goes.... have you heard of something called... "addons"?

Also i despise hypocrissy and the timing of this... oh boy i can smell the wif of it 10 000 miles away...

#blizzardautism

lmfao, love it. "We don't care that people are buying runs, we just want you to have to purchase it through us via token." fuckin Blizz. /clap