Poll: Would you be in favor of the game having an auto remove feature for bad / toxic play?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't matter, if you were removed, it is most likely due to one of four reasons.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by tehpwner View Post
    Totally unbiased poll options I see.
    What's biased about yes or no? oO

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of blizzard adding a "toxic behavior" check that would check to see how active you are during the first boss encounter of an LFR wing?

So for example, if the fight lasts 6 minutes, and your total "activity" during the encounter was only 3 minutes (minus auto attacks), after the boss fight the game would auto-remove you from the LFR group?

Essentially it would be a way of removing players who don't contribute to the success of the encounters expecting to be carried. The player would see upon being removed:

"You have been removed from the group for Toxic behavior"

Would this curb the amount of toxic behavior that now plagues LFR?
    I honestly don't mind the idea. However, I feel that this will be an issue for someone who perhaps has actual internet issues. I don't think someone shouldn't be able to do LFR because they have a bad connection.

Would this only happen on bosses? What about trash? Not doing trash hinders the run as much as auto attacking bosses imo. Time wise as least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Use the kick button already in place that already asks for a reason.
    The kick button can be abused or not used appropriately.

Why would anyone be opposed to a game feature that does that work for them? I mean, the LFR crowd likes a feature to automatically match them with other strangers, then why not a feature to automatically remove under performers / slackers / toxic players? League of Legends has similar systems in place to reduce toxic behavior in their games.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's stopping you from putting someone on ignore...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I would like this. But the only caveat would be that it expressly tells you why. Also, I think people would easily curb this by just hitting a button every once in awhile.
    They could just measure how long your abilities were on cooldown and if they were not on cooldown enough (tracking activity), auto kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What's biased about yes or no? oO
    It used to says "Yes - I think this is a good idea" and "No - I like being in groups with Toxic/inactive players".
    At least more or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    It used to says "Yes - I think this is a good idea" and "No - I like being in groups with Toxic/inactive players".
    At least more or less.
    Isnt that exactly what someone is saying if they say no though?

If this was a thing you'd be the first one to get kicked Jay.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

With that reasoning, you mean the kick button should be entirely removed?
    Being kicked from LFR should be a fully automated process?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    If this was a thing you'd be the first one to get kicked Jay.
    If this was a thing, if I ever happened to participate in LFR again, I would actually try and thus not be kicked.

Thats the point of this. If people knew they would be kicked for eseentially being toxic and not doing anything, those entering LFR would actually perform/ do something other than hit a button every min.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if the system were really good, then in what scenario would you need to manually kick someone?

If the system could some how pick up on bad language, toxic language, general being mean type scenarios, then yeah, remove the manual kick option all together because those guys would be auto kicked.

The kick option needs massive reform. People actually get fucking kick protection? Thats absurd to me.

Yes aslong as it's the first boss so I can continue to afk on the last boss.

Why would anyone be opposed to a game feature that does that work for them? I mean, the LFR crowd likes a feature to automatically match them with other strangers, then why not a feature to automatically remove under performers / slackers / toxic players? League of Legends has similar systems in place to reduce toxic behavior in their games.
    how would you not be able to abuse this feature as well? It's the same thing with a pre-defined reason. Moba games have things set in place for AFK and offensive words. That's easy to auto fix, but something controlled by players it wouldn't help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Yes aslong as it's the first boss so I can continue to afk on the last boss.
    It would check all bosses, and if you afk'd on the last boss, you would get a 1 hour deserter debuff.

how would you not be able to abuse this feature as well? It's the same thing with a pre-defined reason. Moba games have things set in place for AFK and offensive words. That's easy to auto fix, but something controlled by players it wouldn't help.
    Wait, wouldn't this be automated? How would that be abused? Its pretty straight up, if you don't participate for X amount of time, you are kicked. That way you can improve next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you misunderstand.

I'm saying, have the game automatically remove people who fit the criteria. You could essentially take away the manual kick option players now have if the system were good enough to do it automatically. Thats what im saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The kick option needs massive reform. People actually get fucking kick protection? Thats absurd to me.
    This right here.

If Blizzard improves the system of filtering out toxic players from LFR, then either players behave and do well, or they dont and get kicked.

I should also say that if you get kicked, you get a deserter debuff for 30 mins to an hour depending on the offense.

Man, the OP would not have lasted long in Vanilla when half of the 'rotations' were actually autoattacks. As long as you were in melee range of your target, your job was mostly done, so going AFK was a perfectly valid strategy. I don't see why WoW veterans should be penalized for sticking to the same playstyle.

Well, if the system were really good, then in what scenario would you need to manually kick someone?

If the system could some how pick up on bad language, toxic language, general being mean type scenarios, then yeah, remove the manual kick option all together because those guys would be auto kicked.
    In a perfect world I'm sure such a system could be made. And it could probably work sort of okay - More or less
    But what about all the false positives that are guaranteed to happen? What about players trying to abuse it to get other people kicked?
    Like if there were a "Say bad words and get kicked" rule and someone said in /i "I sniggered at that comment" Boom, you get kicked because you said sniggered.

Same with all the other scenarios I mentioned earlier. Even if you spend a massive amount of time, shit will happen. People will be falsely kicked.
    Is the current system perfect? No. Not by far.
    Will this system be perfect? Most likely not.
    Is it worth spending days/weeks of development and comprehensive QA time on this to get a system that might work better, when the current one at least functions fairly acceptable? I doubt it.

And to be fair, I have never really had any issue at all with inactive players. There might be a few wipes on the release day of a new wing, but I am expecting that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BellicoseAxe View Post
    Man, the OP would not have lasted long in Vanilla when half of the 'rotations' were actually autoattacks. As long as you were in melee range of your target, your job was mostly done, so going AFK was a perfectly valid strategy. I don't see why WoW veterans should be penalized for sticking to the same playstyle.
    This is absurdly untrue.