Poll: Would you be in favor of the game having an auto remove feature for bad / toxic play?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of blizzard adding a "toxic behavior" check that would check to see how active you are during the first boss encounter of an LFR wing?

So for example, if the fight lasts 6 minutes, and your total "activity" during the encounter was only 3 minutes (minus auto attacks), after the boss fight the game would auto-remove you from the LFR group?

Essentially it would be a way of removing players who don't contribute to the success of the encounters expecting to be carried. The player would see upon being removed:

"You have been removed from the group for Toxic behavior"

Would this curb the amount of toxic behavior that now plagues LFR?
    (1) nothing needs to be development for LFR besides making it a solo game play like "proving grounds"
    (2) toxic behaviour? I cant remember the last time i saw someone speak in chat in LFR, let alone be toxic.
    (3) there is 0 enjoyment in LFR....even as a casual....yes its fun to see the raids but then meh...its a chore at best.
    (4) no communication, no team work

your suggestion...nanny state thinking right there.

It used to say:
    Yes - I am for it
    No - I am for toxic behaviour

Or something like that; obviously it was edited.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    In a perfect world I'm sure such a system could be made. And it could probably work sort of okay - More or less
    But what about all the false positives that are guaranteed to happen? What about players trying to abuse it to get other people kicked?
    Like if there were a "Say bad words and get kicked" rule and someone said in /i "I sniggered at that comment" Boom, you get kicked because you said sniggered.

Same with all the other scenarios I mentioned earlier. Even if you spend a massive amount of time, shit will happen. People will be falsely kicked.
    Is the current system perfect? No. Not by far.
    Will this system be perfect? Most likely not.
    Is it worth spending days/weeks of development and comprehensive QA time on this to get a system that might work better, when the current one at least functions fairly acceptable? I doubt it.

And to be fair, I have never really had any issue at all with inactive players. There might be a few wipes on the release day of a new wing, but I am expecting that anyway.
    You don't think a computer can tell the difference between snigger, - which is a real, inoffensive word, and nigger, which is a real, but offensive word?

also ...this would target my 5 and 8 year old who loves "raiding"....leave the kids alone. Yes they are worst then clicker but there having fun and getting meh runes and gold!

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling it a "plague" is a huge overexaggeration. Since the introduction of LFR and Pug raiding in general people have tried to afk through fights, this is nothing new. I also wouldn't classify it as "toxic" it just is what it is, being afk. AFK penalties would be fine imo if there aren't some already. I wouldn't know since I don't afk fights

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Nope because most of the people think explaining a proper rotation to someone in LFR is toxic even if you're 100% polite.
    This is 100% correct. I play FFXIV and WoW, the community in FFXIV is so much more receptive of new players, other player suggestions, rotational help, positioning help, etc. In LFR if you try to explain anything, or try to be helpful in any way, you're flamed/trolled. If you try to kick someone who is clearly not helping, you're trolled. If you're vocal about anything... Good chance you're going to get trolled. I'm all for an auto-kick feature if you simply aren't doing anything. People pulling under 150k dps with 870 gear in LFR, are simply auto attacking and dragging the entire raid down. I've seen it over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You don't think a computer can tell the difference between snigger, - which is a real, inoffensive word, and nigger, which is a real, but offensive word?
    You'd be surprised how such simple things can slip through the cracks.
    My example might be slightly exaggerated, but you get the point.

Great idea, but it would have to come with a harsh penalty for being abused. Lets say a 1 week to 1 month ban for falsely reporting someone. Never underestimate the current WoW community's ability to abuse something in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    This is 100% correct. I play FFXIV and WoW, the community in FFXIV is so much more receptive of new players, other player suggestions, rotational help, positioning help, etc. In LFR if you try to explain anything, or try to be helpful in any way, you're flamed/trolled. If you try to kick someone who is clearly not helping, you're trolled. If you're vocal about anything... Good chance you're going to get trolled. I'm all for an auto-kick feature if you simply aren't doing anything. People pulling under 150k dps with 870 gear in LFR, are simply auto attacking and dragging the entire raid down. I've seen it over and over and over.
    Absolute bull. I'm an FF14 player and there do exist salty people who get seriously angry if you try and help them or they pull the "it's my sub don't tell me how to play" line as an excuse for playing poorly. Had players with pisspoor melds, not playing their class properly (60 black mage not using enochian), players who come into content without completing their job quests and more. I will agree it's more welcoming to new players but there are still people who are overly defensive of being given advice or told to use a specific job spell.

You'd be surprised how such simple things can slip through the cracks.
    My example might be slightly exaggerated, but you get the point.
    I'm sure some thing could slip through the cracks, but that would likely be okay if bad language was such an issue. I don't really think it is, its a Teen rated game, and the language filter exists anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    They'd have to have one hell of a solid algorithm for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by epec View Post
    Great idea, but it would have to come with a harsh penalty for being abused. Lets say a 1 week to 1 month ban for falsely reporting someone. Never underestimate the current WoW community's ability to abuse something in the game.
    The OPs idea is that of an automated system, not one where reporting would occur.

I get a feeling that if Blizzard added this from the get go. So since the introduction of LFG/LFR there would be no manual kicking. Only automated.
    Bad words and being generally inactive means you are automatically kicked.
    It might have.. Might have been tolerated if it worked really well.

But, at some point, someone would (Maybe you Jaylock?) create a thread named "Is it time to let the players decide who to kick?"
    And by then, we would have the same conversation, but in different camps.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure some thing could slip through the cracks, but that would likely be okay if bad language was such an issue. I don't really think it is, its a Teen rated game, and the language filter exists anyway.
    I meant it as seemingly okay words are seen as bad words.
    Like what happens if someone speaks in /i in their native non-English language? They might have perfectly fine and kid-friendly words that in English means all sort of bad things.

I meant it as seemingly okay words are seen as bad words.
    Like what happens if someone speaks in /i in their native non-English language? They might have perfectly fine and kid-friendly words that in English means all sort of bad things.
    You'll have to give me an example here.

You'll have to give me an example here.
    I don't have a concrete example. But where I work, we have sort of a strict word filtering system.
    Speaking in english in a non-english version of the game can easily make the system flag words or entire sentences as bad words.

Granted, it is a kids games, so the rules are more strict.
    It would obviously not happen every day in wow, but I'm just saying: It can and probably will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that would not be good.
    If players are afk'ing or otherwise not doing anything, the rest of the group can kick them after a wipe/defeat if more damage/healing is required.
    Fun fact: You can kick people during boss fights in LFR now, have done it twice to people who were afking on Helya (they hit the boss, then ran off to die in the water).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I don't have a concrete example. But where I work, we have sort of a strict word filtering system.
    Speaking in english in a non-english version of the game can easily make the system flag words or entire sentences as bad words.

Granted, it is a kids games, so the rules are more strict.
    It would obviously not happen every day in wow, but I'm just saying: It can and probably will happen.
    ./shrug, I really could care less about bad language. You have so many options to avoid that issue anyway. I care mainly about participation in raids. As for language you can mute/block people, use the filter, turn off specific chat channels etc. I see it as a non-issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Fun fact: You can kick people during boss fights in LFR now, have done it twice to people who were afking on Helya (they hit the boss, then ran off to die in the water).
    Good to know.

./shrug, I really could care less about bad language. You have so many options to avoid that issue anyway. I care mainly about participation in raids. As for language you can mute/block people, use the filter, turn off specific chat channels etc. I see it as a non-issue.
    I fully agree though. People can write as bad as they wish and I don't really care.
    I would never report anyone for bad language - Unless they directly flame me or something, then they can get banned for all I care.

So yes. I would also be against the "Bad words = automatic kick".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of blizzard adding a "toxic behavior" check that would check to see how active you are during the first boss encounter of an LFR wing?

So for example, if the fight lasts 6 minutes, and your total "activity" during the encounter was only 3 minutes (minus auto attacks), after the boss fight the game would auto-remove you from the LFR group?

Essentially it would be a way of removing players who don't contribute to the success of the encounters expecting to be carried. The player would see upon being removed:

"You have been removed from the group for Toxic behavior"

Would this curb the amount of toxic behavior that now plagues LFR?
    I vote no because I don't want It to be automated.
    I want It In place, but with humans looking over It, not a program.
    But then you'd need most of Customer Support to not be automated and It already Is... so too late for such things perhaps.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?