Page 7 of 426 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    O.o

You lose a bet?
    Hehehe, that was just some silly stuff happening somewhere in mafia.

But woah. I'm fairly sure Kirk said himself that he wanted to play at 49ers. So its happening again? :O Rip Redskins indeed.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-03-08 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Hehehe, that was just some silly stuff happening somewhere in mafia.

But woah. I'm fairly sure Kirk said himself that he wanted to play at 49ers. So its happening again? :O Rip Redskins indeed.
    Well, if the 49'ers want Cousins, then they are likely going to have to give up an arm and a leg to get him from Washington, so I wouldn't call Washington dead just yet. Plenty of reason to think Washington might 1) come out of this with a good haul in return 2) Might actually not trade Cousins cause the 49'ers aren't willing to pay up.

I mean, technically Cousins has most of the leverage, and if he;s decided that he wants to play for Shanahan then Washington is fairly limited in what it can do to stop him. Cousins could just not show up till the very last moment for Washington unless they trade him. Plenty of ways to force that trade. But the 49'ers aren't going to get him for nothing so Washington still has some sway in this. I mean, Washington could also just decide that if it doesn;t get enough in return that it;s just going to play hardball and force Cousins to show up for the season or sit out the year.

This could turn into some ridiculous drama, even without Tony Romo involvement, but as long as there's nothign official I'm just going to assume that Cousins plays fro Washington this season.

Myles Garett should just pull off the Eli Manning move and try to go to another franchise...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fully agree. Want no part of Adrian Peterson. And from what I can tell, the Patriots have shown zero interest too, so I'm happy.
    He fumbles too much to fit there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah people are beating the "get AP" drum on seahawks twitter if <$4m

fuck no

Jamaal Charles if anyone.

Another TE off the board as Vernon Davis re-signs with Redskins, reportedly 3-years $15M deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brandon Marshall agrees to two-year, $12M deal with Giants. Interesting.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Pierre Garcon is going to the 49ers and is apparently signing a contract that will pay him $16 Mil his first year. Holy shit that's insane. I love Pierre but that's crazy money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Another TE off the board as Vernon Davis re-signs with Redskins, reportedly 3-years $15M deal.
    Happy with this. He could probably still start for most teams but for us he's a damn good backup and we need a good one as Jordan Reed as good as he is is quite injury prone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vernon Davis barely counts as a NFL TE these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Brandon Marshall agrees to two-year, $12M deal with Giants. Interesting.
    That's pretty much a guarantee then that the Giants won't make the playoffs this year.

BM has managed to miss the playoffs every single year of his career, despite some 10-6 seasons. He's cursed.

Garcon at 16 million, even if it's just one year is ludicrous. The rest of his deal must be like 5 million a year to make that first spike worth it. If this is how Lynch is building his team, then he's clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

Although.

What if they are overpaying for Garcon, in an attempt to make Cousins buck the attempts Washington is making to keep him? 49'ers now have one of his trusted receivers, and Washington is watching both of his receivers walk. Must be an added temptation to go to the bay.

I retract what I said, overpaying for Garcon may actually be a really shrewd move. IF they can land Cousins that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow.

"The #Lions and OT Ricky Wagner have agreed in principle on a contract, source said. It will eclipse $9M per year, setting a new market."

source: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839533253967106049

He's indeed gone, @Skayaq.

- - - Updated - - -

Bills apparently just let news go out that they are keeping Tyrod Taylor on a restructured contract. Every reporter is seemingly coming out with it now, so must have been some semi-official team tweet going out.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaaaaaand apparently sources have told Schefter that Romo will be released on Thursday.

Things are heating up.

10+ Year Old Account
    49ers have loads of cap space this year, why not front-end deals and take advantage of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    49ers have loads of cap space this year, why not front-end deals and take advantage of it?
    Yep, front load the contract then have him locked up when you are tight for money.

Apparently the Seahawks are taking a hard look at Cam Robinson in a literal way. No bueno

Oh wow.

"The #Lions and OT Ricky Wagner have agreed in principle on a contract, source said. It will eclipse $9M per year, setting a new market."

source: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839533253967106049

He's indeed gone, @Skayaq.
    $9M for a RT? well must be nice to just have cap space to blow like that. The good news is that should set us up nicely for some comp picks next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, just saw the tidbit about Wagner being more than the 2016 Seahawks line combined

Steve Smith just tweeted that Dumervil about to be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Tyrod Taylor restructure tells me that the Bills are shooting for a wild card spot. A day or so ago the Bills facebook page linked an article titled something along the lines of " can the Bills sneak into the playoffs like the Dolphins did?" Myself, and most other responses thought that was a pretty chicken shit thing (however realistic) to post (the goal should be set higher than barely squeaking into the playoffs).

With that said, the offense, though bad at times, scored enough points last year, Team Ryan just destroyed a great defense. We'll see what new coaching can do with the players they have.

Also, I wonder what the odds are Marcel Dareus gets another suspension.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoyer to the 49'ers on a 2 year deal. Seems Washington can keep Cousins.....FOR NOW.

If they don't extend Cousins pronto, then he's gone next year, probably the 49'ers, who will gladly drop Hoyer again next year should Cousins come available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    The Tyrod Taylor restructure tells me that the Bills are shooting for a wild card spot. A day or so ago the Bills facebook page linked an article titled something along the lines of " can the Bills sneak into the playoffs like the Dolphins did?" Myself, and most other responses thought that was a pretty chicken shit thing (however realistic) to post (the goal should be set higher than barely squeaking into the playoffs).
    They have the longest playoff drought in the NFL, I think making the playoffs is a sound goal since they haven't managed it this millennium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Falcons signed QB Matt Schaub to a 2 year deal worth 9 million. That's kinda cheap, given what some QB's are getting.

We cut Doom. It was expected that he would either restructure or get cut, given his drop in production the last two seasons and we save $6M in cap space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Falcons signed QB Matt Schaub to a 2 year deal worth 9 million. That's kinda cheap, given what some QB's are getting.
    Some QBs aren't broken shells of themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, just saw the tidbit about Wagner being more than the 2016 Seahawks line combined
    Yea, that was amusing, you get what you pay for.