Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Most or those "bad" shotguns have pistol grips, which are just plain stupid to use.
    That's what we used in the Submarine Service to repel boarders, so there is at least one use for Mossberg cruiser-style shotguns.

- - - Updated - - -

Higher chance of jams and misfires, low probability of one shot stop, higher likelihood of actually needing to fire (dont underestimate psychological impact of size).
    Whatever tickles you. It's what I would recommend for most for home defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    That's what we used in the Submarine Service to repel boarders, so there is at least one use for Mossberg cruiser-style shotguns.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever tickles you. It's what I would recommend for most for home defense.
    Real ships use shotguns with buttstocks (M590s),as they have less storage issues and a higher likelihood of of actually using them (kinda hard to board a sub when it is 1000 feet below the surface). Pistol grip shotguns will always be inferior to a regular shotgun unless you are literally in an area too narrow to deploy it. I do not recall 688s having many spaces like that.

My recommendation is backed up by a significant number of experts in the field because of its combination of ease of use, reliability, acceptable stopping power, and minimal recoil. What you reccomend only has low recoil going for it.

Targets use shotguns with buttstocks (M590s),as they have less storage issues and a higher likelihood of of actually using them (kinda hard to board a sub when it is 1000 feet below the surface). Pistol grip shotguns will always be inferior to a regular shotgun unless you are literally in an area too narrow to deploy it. I do not recall 688s having many spaces like that.

My recommendation is backed up by a significant number of experts in the field because of its combination of ease of use, reliability, acceptable stopping power, and minimal recoil. What you reccomend only has low recoil going for it.
    Fix it for you!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account
    The Golden Gun from golden eye >.>
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account

Because automatics are for pussies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Fix it for you!
    At close range (under 25 yards) a shotgun with buckshot is the best defensive weapon, and with slugs they are good to 100 yards, so you would have to be in open areas at range to render a person with a shotgun as a target.

Deleted
    Mossberg are making sawn off style handles for their shotguns. Here's a video with the guy from forgotten weapons being a little argumentative over how useful it is.

This is just like my baby, a Ruger .357 Magnum

That gun will put hair on your chest for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Do you want to keep yourself safe or blow the other guy, the wall behind him and a few other innocents on the other side of the wall?
    Not sure how blowing a dude is going to hurt innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Mossberg are making sawn off style handles for their shotguns. Here's a video with the guy from forgotten weapons being a little argumentative over how useful it is.
    I built one similar last year, haven't shot it, most ranges don't let you shoot shotguns down here, and most of the ones that do have restrictions on ammo and PGO or whatnot. I don't like shotguns anyway, it was just a project, so I just left it in my JIC tube for when the zombies come.

That said, from what I've heard, the Raptor grip is MUCH better for actual shooting than the 90degree pistol grip is. Much more controllable.

Amusingly, I was looking for bean bag rounds for it, just to have that option, but they're hard to get, lots of places only want to sell them to LE agencies and they're expensive.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Now now, Browning was the greatest gun designer in history, the .45ACP beats the 9mm and .40S&W for performance, and they are the most customizable handgun in the world. 1911s also happen to feel better than any Wonder 9.

That being said, I actually would pick the SR45 for a combat firearm.
    I own a SR45, I much prefer my Glock 21. The Ruger was riddled with performance issues which I don't even know if they addressed them all yet.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    For American-made guns, probably the M4 I'd say. Most American-made pistols are kind of shit IMO - but the M4 stands as one of the best combat rifles ever made, certainly one of the most common/prolific (second only to the AK?).

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Not sure how blowing a dude is going to hurt innocent people.
    What if those innocents are in the splash zone?!

(I'm dying btw, your comment was too funny!)
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-03-08 at 11:18 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    This is just like my baby, a Ruger .357 Magnum

That gun will put hair on your chest for sure.
    I owned a KGP161 for years. I loved and miss that revolver...
    However, its bigger older brother the Redhawk in .44Mag is a more "manly" gun, just not as fun to shoot.

Eight pages deep and nobody mentions a Henry....I suppose lever action fans are quite rare on these boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I own a SR45, I much prefer my Glock 21. The Ruger was riddled with performance issues which I don't even know if they addressed them all yet.
    I owned one Glock. It is the only handgun I've owned I do not miss and the only one I will never replace with a new one. I actually dont have a SR45, but I do have a SR9 that has no issues.

Deleted
    When I visited America I shot a 1911, I really like that gun, it's my favourite in every FPS I play, and it's so iconic too, was part of WW1 and 2, and is still used today.

I owned one Glock.
    I could never bring myself to own one. Every one of them I shot just felt so awkward in hand that it wasn't an enjoyable experience for me. As much as people rave about them I just couldn't find the appeal myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    I could never bring myself to own one. Every one of them I shot just felt so awkward in hand that it wasn't an enjoyable experience for me. As much as people rave about them I just couldn't find the appeal myself.
    While the feel was not impressive, what really turned me off was the light trigger pull coupled to a lack of an external safety. I never felt safe carrying it with a round in the chamber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    KRISS Vector is not American, it's Swiss.
    Eh? KRISS-USA I'm fairly certain, is a USA made company.

Unless I'm missing something, their website and wiki says nothing that isn't USA.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab