10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Nah, there's 7 initial "Golden Worlds" that the Ai considered for settling for the human Ark specifically. There's also 7 additional potential Golden Worlds for each of the other arks. The main mission was for each Ark to explore each of their 7 worlds to find the one best suited for colonization.

But the devs have said that there will be more worlds to explore than just the golden 7. There will be planets that will be unsuitable for habitation, but we'll go there anyways for a mission or two. To say nothing of places that we'll explore that are not planets, such as space stations or asteroids.
    Should do an expansion(Witcher 3 Expansion not the version EA will likely give) for extra planets
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Lots of good info here http://www.vg247.com/2017/03/08/mass...play-the-game/
    But I think one of the reasons people want to see the best possible path when they played through the original Mass Effect trilogy is they maybe didn’t want to invest another 40 hours playing through again, to save a dead character so they could see everything.

How do you solve that? And are the choices still really meaningful if there’s not a major critical path difference between them? Are people just going to have to do six or seven play throughs to see everything?

Fabrice Condominas If they want to see everything, then yes. But the idea is to get away from the more judgmental position. This is where the binary thing opens. The choices you make influence the story and the plot and all that. But the idea is to get rid of the A versus B, because that’s how you create the idea that one thing is better than the other.

When everything is more nuanced, and the consequences of the choice are less obvious than going Paragon or Renegade, it’s focusing on the journey. It’s focusing on your journey and the choices you make now.

“You’ve got the freedom to make the choices you want, it has consequences and it builds your story. So you will replay only if you want a different story.”
    If you fix yourself goals like, I want to [see every possible outcome of every] loyalty mission, then obviously you have to replay the game. But if you knew in the Paragon/Renegade system that a character was definitely Paragon, then you’d go through full Paragon in order to have it. But again that’s the gamification, and it has a judgmental aspect to it that we’re trying to get away from.

The idea is: you’ve got the freedom to make the choices you want, it has consequences and it builds your story. So you will replay only if you want a different story.

But won’t that be frustrating for people? If there are no obvious cues, and they get locked out of the outcomes they want to see.

Maybe, but if that frustrates you, you probably shouldn’t play the game. Because that’s exactly what it is about. There’s no way you’ll know all the possibilities and all the paths you can take.

Sure there is. There’s wikis and stuff. It’ll get online. We’ll all know soon enough.

Sure, maybe, after ages and ages. It’s funny you should say that. For the first time in my career – I’ve been doing games for 15 years – this is the first time in my career I haven’t played myself through all the possibilities in a game I’m going to release. Just because it’s too much – it’s too time consuming.

You have spent five years working on this so I imagine there’s quite a lot of it.

Yes and over those five years, all the branching wasn’t done! And I also had to make the game, so.

So does Andromeda still have those big dramatic branches though? I mean, when you talk about judgmental and better paths – in Mass Effect 3 a lot of people were really disappointed that they didn’t save both the Geth and the Quarians. I did, and that was definitely the better path. Will Andromeda have that same sort of hugely impactful decisions? Or is it just like, oh, you’re a sarcastic Ryder or an aggressive Ryder? Do you like, change worlds?

Absolutely. Situations like that exist in Andromeda.
    Glad to see the game doesn't hand hold you through important decisions, that what Rpg games are about. I'm committed to not look at any guides for the first dozen or so playthroughs.

Also..... SHIT!!!!!!

Apparently, you can't gift a pre-order on amazon T_T

You can't gift a pre-order on Origin either.

So I must wait until the game is released, before my friend can send me the CD key. Which means that due to my shitty internet, I'm gonna have to wait an additional 3 or 4 days to play.

FML. This country really fucking sucks.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Pay 4€ for Origin Access and download the Early Access Version early.

I live in venezuela. We can't exchange our currency to any foreign currency, And nobody in their right mind would accept payment in our currency (bolivars). Its like being paid with mud.

Best I can hope, is get the Origin Access trial, and hope that it will let me download the full client of Andromeda on the 16th

That way, when I get the game key on the 21st, I'll be able to play on launch day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Should do an expansion(Witcher 3 Expansion not the version EA will likely give) for extra planets
    "not the EA version". This is funny because Dragon Age 1 had a pretty good expansion (As in: Actual expansion, not a DLC) called Awakening that was pretty darned good.

Too bad they never made it a habit for the rest of their games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    I hope Cerberus isn't there at all in this game, it would just be annoying really.
    100% agree

10+ Year Old Account
    "not the EA version". This is funny because Dragon Age 1 had a pretty good expansion (As in: Actual expansion, not a DLC) called Awakening that was pretty darned good.

Too bad they never made it a habit for the rest of their games.

Awakening was ok but not great. Better then most DLC nowadays.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-03-09 at 12:01 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm debating to pay the 4.99 for a month and get early access on march 16th... this thursday right before the week-end feels better for me than tuesday 21st.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I'm debating to pay the 4.99 for a month and get early access on march 16th... this thursday right before the week-end feels better for me than tuesday 21st.
    If you are going to get the game on Origin, there is no reason not to get Origin Access as well. The $4.99 also provides 10% off the game ($6 for the standard edition and $7 for the deluxe edition), so it pays for itself and still ends up $1 or $2 cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    If you are going to get the game on Origin, there is no reason not to get Origin Access as well. The $4.99 also provides 10% off the game ($6 for the standard edition and $7 for the deluxe edition), so it pays for itself and still ends up $1 or $2 cheaper.
    I had no idea about that, thank you for the heads up. Yes I was going for Origin directly anyway, as I wanted the deluxe edition, and greenmangaming only have the standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, that works?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wait, that works?
    Yep.

It was $74.50 to buy just the game.

Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-03-09 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

/10c
    . . .

What are the limits on the Origin access early access?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    . . .

What are the limits on the Origin access early access?
    You can only play the game for 10 hours.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-03-09 at 01:27 AM.

oh so its not a full early access? just 10h? That would be a big tease..! 10h played than having to wait 5 days

You can only play the game for 10 hours.
    Those 10 hours start ticking only for /played time? or do the 10 hours start ticking off when you're downloading the game? Also, those who get the trial version of Origin Access, can still play the full 10 hours?

Deleted
    Those 10 hours start ticking only for /played time? or do the 10 hours start ticking off when you're downloading the game? Also, those who get the trial version of Origin Access, can still play the full 10 hours?
    Its 10hrs ingame.

Nah, there's 7 initial "Golden Worlds" that the Ai considered for settling for the human Ark specifically. There's also 7 additional potential Golden Worlds for each of the other arks. The main mission was for each Ark to explore each of their 7 worlds to find the one best suited for colonization.

But the devs have said that there will be more worlds to explore than just the golden 7. There will be planets that will be unsuitable for habitation, but we'll go there anyways for a mission or two. To say nothing of places that we'll explore that are not planets, such as space stations or asteroids.
    The Golden Worlds are for the entire Initiative, I believe. There's 7 of them in total. I assume they will be the ''main'' story planets, and that there may be other places we explore on the side. I remember seeing a tweet that said some of the explorable areas will be non-story critical, and clearly marked as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang this page says the recommended specs have a predicted performance of 30fps at 1080p on high settings.

That's pretty bad tbh. Hopefully they are wrong.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/mass-eff.../?sf53085265=1

Deleted
    Yep, we already knew from the Nvidia Benchmarks that this is the worst Frostbyte Game of All-Time.