Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    It still cracks me up that people like you think it's a political party thing.

Hint: You don't have to be a Democrat, Independent, or even just a Liberal to despite that shitheel of a human being. You may have forgotten (which wouldn't be a shocker given the collective processing power of these types of people) that even the Republican Party itself tried like hell to not get him elected. There's a reason for that. (And hint #2: It's not because they were closet Democrats.)
    But it is a political Party thing these days. Literally everything that gets spewed out of American Media has something to do with Politics. Also, I'm neither a Democrat or Republican since I don't even live in America.

I just knew how the Left would react to these leaks and this thread alone proved my assumption correct.

The CIA only spies on foreigners. *sigh* Can't they use software and zero day exploits to spy on foreigners?

FBI handles domestic law enforcement for the fed, but they need a warrant to bug you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    But it is a political Party thing these days. Literally everything that gets spewed out of American Media has something to do with Politics. Also, I'm neither a Democrat or Republican since I don't even live in America.

I just knew how the Left would react to these leaks and this thread alone proved my assumption correct.
    And how is that? Most of what was leaked was known knowledge to many. The leaks just confirm it to the average Fox News/Alex Jones audience as a way to damage the collective IC further and raises questions to that audience about any evidence against the administration that comes from them.

It's also not like it's being supported. It's certainly something that warrants discussion and raises some flags about how far the intelligence community is capable of pushing the line and their power. Most of the non shock reactions have been

1. We know this already and many other countries are currently involved in similar cyber arms races between themselves and other countries for greater power.
    2. Important topic for a later point.
    3. The timing is suspect given how long Wikileaks has been holding onto this info and when they decided to drop it. There's a clear agenda by Wikileaks and this just further provides evidence of that.

All in all, despite the severity of the matter, it's hard to not write this off as a deflection attempt and attempt to damage the IC's credibility. Even if the pieces don't line up whatsoever, it's going to fan the flames of conspiracy and make any moves made by the CIA, NSA, and FBI look like a political coup by the "deep state" to the pro Trump populace.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-03-08 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

Nonsense. The situation has changed substantially since Snowden. And the situation is also substantially different (for those on the left).

(1) The Snowden dump chronicled operations undertaken by the NSA to spy on US citizens (most controversially) and US allies (secondary controversey). This CIA leak detailed no operations, just tools and just things the CIA would like to explore doing in the future. That car stuff? It hasn't actually done that as of yet (in fact there are few cars... mostly just Teslas, you COULD do that in yet without physical manipulation).

(2) There has been no leak of operations against US citizens. In fact there has been no leak of operations against anybody (though I wouldn't be surprised if it came out).

(3) While many of us better educated folks in the tech world were on to a fraud like Assange many years ago, he had a degree of credibility back then. But then he involved himself in the Snowden leak (in which he was a bit player)... Cablegate (which made the State Department look good and professional, not bad)... and then became an obvious Russian stooge.

Needless to say, Assange isn't a reliable conveyor of the 'truth'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    The Democrats are gonna walk back the Russia investigations if it also includes investigating the wiretapping, imo*.
    Or -- bear with me, this is a hard idea for some people to grasp -- Trump wasn't telling the truth, and there was no order from Obama to wiretap Trump's campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Or -- bear with me, this is a hard idea for some people to grasp -- Trump wasn't telling the truth, and there was no order from Obama to wiretap Trump's campaign.
    You're saying known pathological liars... lie?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not expecting much. Ever since Assange went on the lamb WikiLeaks has basically been on one big string of "NOTICE ME!" And nothing they release is really of much interest unless you're either a conspiracy nut, really keyed in on politics beyond what most people even here on the boards are, or interested on an academic scale. Or one of those people who shake their fists and go "FUCKING WIKILEAKS!"

They were more interesting when they just dumped it all and let God sort the files out. These days they're just another organization with a thumb on the pulse pushing a narrative.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit meme warfare is a fucking thing. This is fucking hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I'm not expecting much. Ever since Assange went on the lamb WikiLeaks has basically been on one big string of "NOTICE ME!" And nothing they release is really of much interest unless you're either a conspiracy nut, really keyed in on politics beyond what most people even here on the boards are, or interested on an academic scale. Or one of those people who shake their fists and go "FUCKING WIKILEAKS!"

They were more interesting when they just dumped it all and let God sort the files out. These days they're just another organization with a thumb on the pulse pushing a narrative.
    The funny thing with them is most of what they release nowadays is shit many already know about and they break it as some huge revelation. It just rallies the uneducated Fox News viewers and Alex Jones level conspiracy nuts against shit the rest of the country has known for years while playing themselves up as heroes and protectors of knowledge and democracy.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

The Democrats are gonna walk back the Russia investigations if it also includes investigating the wiretapping, imo*. It's a minefield, both sides have to tread lightly.
    Ok I am going to blow your mind here but Donald Trump is the president he can pick up the phone and tell the DOJ, CIA or the number of intelligence agencies he has at his disposal to provide the evidence but he can't. I know it's really hard to grasp but Trump is the government now and everyone is dismissing his allegations because they know it not to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    I wanna believe they're using 'meme' in its proper definition (self-perpetuating events or concepts that spring up and take hold with little outside force) rather than, like, Bad Luck Brian and shit. On the other hand, this isn't the first time governmental bodies or misguided marketing teams (they're more similar in practice than you'd think) tried to be hip with the kids and interfaced with a subculture they have no understanding of, and it always backfires because, well, kids ain't stupid. They do dumb shit but they're generally-speaking not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Ok I am going to blow your mind here but Donald Trump is the president he can pick up the phone and tell the DOJ, CIA or the number of intelligence agencies he has at his disposal to provide the evidence but he can't. I know it's really hard to grasp but Trump is the government now and everyone is dismissing his allegations because they know it not to be true.
    Yup. He can literally call the DOJ and ask for any relevant FISA warrants against him to be declassified and the public would know it within a few hours on their nightly news.

That's why his claim is so fucking retarded. Either there was wiretapping done and he commented about classified information, which is a huge issue, or he's lying out his ass and trying to backstroke which is laughable and terrible at the same time.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-03-08 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna believe they're using 'meme' in its proper definition (self-perpetuating events or concepts that spring up and take hold with little outside force) rather than, like, Bad Luck Brian and shit. On the other hand, this isn't the first time governmental bodies or misguided marketing teams (they're more similar in practice than you'd think) tried to be hip with the kids and interfaced with a subculture they have no understanding of, and it always backfires because, well, kids ain't stupid. They do dumb shit but they're generally-speaking not stupid.
    I do know memes are ideas that spread rapidly and cannot be controlled usually. I do want to believe they're talking about large, social movements that start online and spread to real life. But it wouldn't be surprising to see if they're trying to control something like Pepe the frog.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do know memes are ideas that spread rapidly and cannot be controlled usually. I do want to believe they're talking about large, social movements that start online and spread to real life. But it wouldn't be surprising to see if they're trying to control something like Pepe the frog.
    We'll know when some poor bastard tries to post HA HA! on an official government Twitter handle.

Growing up, kids at my school would huff that pressurized air that you use to clean keyboards. Sometimes they ingested the oil in hvac systems, in order to get high. Justin bebier was popular. Kim Kardashian is popular. Videos of people watching and reacting to, on YouTube is popular.

Kids are stupid, and naive. That's why they aren't legally responsible for themselves until 18 (in most cases).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Why is it surprising really though? It's just an information warfare tactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Why is it surprising really though? It's just an information warfare tactic.
    It's funny because they are referring to it as such. Not because they're talking about information control. They're just saying "memes".

Weaponised memes.
    Now I've seen everything.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    @Bullettime The timing is certainly suspicious. I'm wondering if Wikileaks and Trump were talking together. I'm also wondering if Wikileaks is baiting out the whole "no inappropriate use/no use on American citizens" narrative from its critics, just to release proof and counter them. Yesterday's release was supposedly only 1% of what's to come. Time will tell.
    Well I mean Wikileaks has lost pretty much all credibility among anyone who isn't a Trump worshiper.

They spent the entire election cycle committed to a smear campaign against one side.

And yes, obviously they are in bed with Trump's people... They don't even deny it...

And now with the CIA leaks... Trump has spent weeks crying every single day about leaks regarding his administration and the FBI... Now his good buddies at Wikileaks drop some leaks of their own and he is mum.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Well I mean Wikileaks has lost pretty much all credibility among anyone who isn't a Trump worshiper.

They spent the entire election cycle committed to a smear campaign against one side.

And yes, obviously they are in bed with Trump's people... They don't even deny it...

And now with the CIA leaks... Trump has spent weeks crying every single day about leaks regarding his administration and the FBI... Now his good buddies at Wikileaks drop some leaks of their own and he is mum.
    Don't forget the Buzzfeed dossier, where parts of it are turning out to be true. Not the golden showers part, yet, but a good deal of it has been proven to be true.