Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    How do you plan on solving discrimination based on biology? That would be interesting to see in professional sports like weight lifting or running.
    Their only possible solution would HAVE to be "teach women how to do X". Which is entirely possible to teach people how to do something. As long as it's 100% voluntary, I'm cool with it.

What other options do they have? They can force businesses to ALWAYS give women an advantage to counter men's ability to negotiate. But that's sexually discriminatory towards men. Which is the definition of sexism and straight up illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Wasn't this proven a long time ago the gender gap was utter bs dreamt up by a social science major in a attempt to get enough money that they no longer had to fish coins out of vending machines?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I should add a line in my signature, if someone even tries to bring up "gender pay gap" I automatically assume they're dumb and ignore their post.
    now you're defiantly being rediculous
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    But but you missed the Endus argument? If there is a difference at all, then it's discrimination. Even the negotiation process is discriminatory because one gender is better than the other at it.
    I wouldn't necessarily state better at it, just more aggressive at it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    How do you plan on solving discrimination based on biology? That would be interesting to see in professional sports like weight lifting or running.
    Discrimination on the basis of biological outcomes is not sex discrimination, it's meritocracy.

The only thing that sex discrimination covers is 'you are a woman/man, therefore you are worse/better at x'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Because the gender pay gap doesn't exist
    fpbp. This is a non issue that I think should stop being brought up. There are so many variables that determine what a man and a woman are paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I did already. I don't have to give extensive proof on the entire subject,
    as I didn't make the original claim.
    Yes you did.

If you don't understand the basic relationship between premise/conclusion in deductive reasoning, I suppose I can point you in the direction on such information.
    You didn't use any of that. Like, I can't believe that you think that screaming something over and over again like a child is somehow "proof" or "logic".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I'm a fourth generation "programmer" as you would call it ~ LoL. The fact that you think the industry in 1980 is comparable to the 60s in scope, language and application is most laughable. You are literally comparing someone who created machine code to someone who writes business layer technology applications.
    So they had to work in a field that actually required skill. That...doesn't prove your point. Also, proof that you're any sort of programmer, por favor.

The Software development industry has never been dominated by females.
    [citation needed]

I would /facepalm your ignorant assumption, but I only have two hands and it wouldn't do your ignorance justice. Again, please, stay in your lane.
    As an actual programmer, maybe you shouldn't pretend to have a job.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    [citation needed]
    You can't make a claim without backing it up and then demand everyone else back up their counter claim. You brought it up. You prove that shit. Onus is on you.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    If there is a difference at all, then it's discrimination.
    Just like some claims of racism.

People just assume its the case cause 'well sexism/racism just haaaaaave to exist'

Discrepancy in stats is proof of...........discrepancy in stats
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Just like some claims of racism.

People just assume its the case cause 'well sexism/racism just haaaaaave to exist'

Discrepancy in stats is proof of...........discrepancy in stats
    Ok. Explain the discrepancy, then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You can't make a claim without backing it up and then demand everyone else back up their counter claim. You brought it up. You prove that shit. Onus is on you.
    How do you figure? I already know I'm right. You have to prove to me that you're right. Now chop chop.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I would've started a Barbershop version of hooters and ran all the patiartical barbershops out of business.
    It's called Sports Clips and it already exists.
    Hi Sephurik

How do you figure? I already know I'm right. You have to prove to me that you're right. Now chop chop.
    Prove that I'm right about what? Why do I have to prove anything to you, if you won't do it for your own claims? That sounds stupid. Definitely illogical and not sane in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Why do I have to prove anything to you, if you won't do it for your own claims?
    Because that's the entire reason you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It's called Sports Clips and it already exists.
    There's no cleavage or short shorts in that picture, thus it's nothing like hooters.

Because that's the entire reason you're here.
    No, the entire reason I'm here is to call out silly people like you. If I was going to prove something, I'd provide stats, studies, and historical documents.

I think maybe you've mistaken me for someone else. Maybe it's because you're off your meds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Well, then I guess I was living in an alternative reality since the only time I've been hearing the 70-something argument is when it's trotted out by pseudo intelectuals like Carlgon, Amazing Atheist, Anita Sarkeesan and the like.
    Yep, and unknown nobodies like Barack Obama when adressing the nation.

In the meantime, height discrimination is also a real thing, but is generally accepted and ignored and effects males more than anyone else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_discrimination
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    The issue seems to be more related to systemic discrimination than how much they are paid. I.E Women get hire less frequently than men.
    Shhh dont try to reason with them, they get angry...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    In the meantime, height discrimination is also a real thing, but is generally accepted and ignored and effects males more than anyone else.

So stop being a pussy and fight for that then.. How does short men being descriminated against take away from women being discriminated against?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Shhh dont try to reason with them, they get angry...
    and why is that?

There are a million reasons why, many themselves given in this thread.
    How are you sure the reason for women getting hired less is cause "psh hate on women"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    How are you sure the reason for women getting hired less is cause "psh hate on women"
    Intent doesnt matter lol. The fact is, its a reality.

ITT: a bunch of anti-feminist gap pay deniers with no interest in discussing the actual OP.

Relevant portion:

Her thesis research has found that the legal attempts for pay equality have acted as a façade to give the impression that the issue of equal pay is being addressed.

In the 37 years since the Swedish Equality Act was passed, only ten cases have made their way to court and in only one of those cases did the court rule that the pay discrepancy was discriminatory. This is due, in part, to the long and expensive process of seeing a case through.

Svenaeus believes more work must be done to close the gender pay gap, but this issue has no easy fix since this type of discrimination is systemic.
    Ie, the law isn't effective enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Because the gender pay gap doesn't exist
    You realise that for the law to fail to close the gender pay gap, that gap must exist?

And, you know, it does. Regardless of what right wing fringe websites would like you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    The gender pay gap is a myth perpetuated by feminists.
    Nice alt facts. Meanwhile, real facts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender..._United_States

You can rationalise it however you want but the gap itself is a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post

So you want to push to close the pay gap for short people as well as women?

Go start a group for short people and watch the right wing shills on this forum heap scorn on you. In fact didn't we have a thread just like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.